Serpentor's taken over

JayC

its great we have all these new covers going all the way to Oct...but I would love to see whats inside them....epsecially the frontlines conclusion to icebound..... :wink:

But how is he back?! He was shot in the face with an arrow, and didn't Firefly say he mangled his (Serpy's) body when he escaped from the Cobra Island tanker, so people would think the corpse was the sabotuer??

It can't be the same Serpentor. It seriously cant. Unless they ressurected a man who had been clinically braindead for at least a matter of weeks (time between his death and when he could have escaped)

Tom

But how is he back?! He was shot in the face with an arrow, and didn't Firefly say he mangled his (Serpy's) body when he escaped from the Cobra Island tanker, so people would think the corpse was the sabotuer??

It can't be the same Serpentor. It seriously cant. Unless they ressurected a man who had been clinically braindead for at least a matter of weeks (time between his death and when he could have escaped)

Tom

all that matters is he is back :)- :)-

Welcome to the world of.....FANTASY! :lol:

That whole season...I..I..mean series, was a dream that Cobra Commander had! He's awake now, and all dead characters are still alive much to his disappointment. He's even MORE determined to wipeout the Joes and carry out his revenge upon the Cobra traitors, now that he's seen it unfold in his dreams!

...let the story continue! :)-

I'm sure their will be a good reason.

I"m kinda sad to see the nightcreepers back. Cause i'm afraid they will do it diferently than i would, as in not as threatining.

Whats to stop mind bender from just cloning another serpentor. Your right about the original body, but all they need is a DNA sample of that body to recreate the next serpy.

Violentfix

20941-GI_23__scaled_500.jpg

it looks like Duke and Cobra Commander are in some deep #$##... 8) i don't mind Serpentor coming back for a couple of issues but i defiantely don't want him to take CC's place as the leader of Cobra for good. even though it's good to see him in the comics again i think it might have been too soon to bring him back, i mean cobra has just begun to be up in running again, there's realy been no reason to want to replace CC so soon. it's not like Serpentor came closer taking over the world than CC did. :roll:

Tom

Here's my guess...remember all the "Serpentor Juniors" from issue #16?And how Mindbender was gathering them all together.I think that around the time Serpentor was originally born or well into his 'Emperor' days, Mindbender cloned him a few more times but at different ages,and hid them among the American population as adopted children.Mindbender intended to use Serpentor as a trumph card to wrestle control of Cobra from Cobra Commander once again.I think around this time,one of the Serpentor clones is a full-blown adult now and capable of donning the mantle of the Cobra Emperor...which is why at the end of the issue #16 you hear Mindbender going "Now he'll come to us"...maybe Mindbender is waiting for his full-adult Serpentor clone.

Maybe you're right about this not being THE Serpentor...it depends on how Devil's Due approaches it...surely this might be the same Serpentor physically and mentally in terms of all the brain matter from the world's greatest conquerers (and Storm Shadow)...but he may have no knowledge at all past that and maybe just memories of the hidden life he lived in suburbia as a Serpentor clone.But maybe Mindbender did take some brain tissue from the original Serpentor's corpse and he might have the power to 'restore' Serpentor's old memories.I have a feeling we'll see some 'loophole' flashbacks here during the course of this story.

It'll be interesting to see how this turns out.

Serpenter's Taken Over

Thats IT I QUITE GIJOE!!! :evil: :wink:

How can this happen? This is so stupid! How can you ressurect a man TWICE?

Makes me p-oed. Oh well

All Hail Cobra Commander!

Remember he was a genetically engineered clone, I don't remember in the comics them saying he was the only one. If Dr. MIndbender cloned himself and knew he might die, who is to say that he didn't have a couple more Serpentor test tube babies around.

All I know is that I'm excited for this... Serpentor always was a bad ass (when I played with my toys), and I never collected the Joe comics while he was in them... And in the cartoon he was just another CC with a different name. :)

I want it to be October already, so I can be in my new place, have my Wave 7, have my Unicron, and have a damn job...

-Kevin

Do you think Josh Blaylock can bring back Colossus too? :x

as for Serpentor.. well, Mindbender did make at least two Serpentors... remember the first one was a mutant blob thingy (the red monster with claws and teeth).. so he could have saved enough DNA to do another?

as for Serpentor.. well, Mindbender did make at least two Serpentors... remember the first one was a mutant blob thingy (the red monster with claws and teeth)..  so he could have saved enough DNA to do another?

Wasn't that only in the cartoon where the red monster came about?Cause I remember it from there,but not really from the comics...but I could be wrong about that.

as for Serpentor.. well, Mindbender did make at least two Serpentors... remember the first one was a mutant blob thingy (the red monster with claws and teeth).. so he could have saved enough DNA to do another?

Wasn't that only in the cartoon where the red monster came about?Cause I remember it from there,but not really from the comics...but I could be wrong about that.

oh sorry.. I don't know anything about the comics :lol:

Yanno....the DD GI Joe comic has YET to have a big operation with Cobra Commander at the reins of it all.First 4 issues,it was Destro Jr.,then the attempted assassination of Hawk,then the whole Malfunction thing with the BAT,then the Delhi Hills two-parts,then the stand-alone issue with Cover Girl and Spirit,now the whole gang thing that captured Flint and Baroness.Now there's news of Serpentor coming back (IMO,I like to hear this,but I think it's much too early in the series to bring him back already),when is Cobra Commander going to get another big operation in the works like they did in the Marvel run?

They better kill Serpentor quickly...........again. :evil:

Yanno....the DD GI Joe comic has YET to have a big operation with Cobra Commander at the reins of it all.First 4 issues,it was Destro Jr.,then the attempted assassination of Hawk,then the whole Malfunction thing with the BAT,then the Delhi Hills two-parts,then the stand-alone issue with Cover Girl and Spirit,now the whole gang thing that captured Flint and Baroness.Now there's news of Serpentor coming back (IMO,I like to hear this,but I think it's much too early in the series to bring him back already),when is Cobra Commander going to get another big operation in the works like they did in the Marvel run?

They better kill Serpentor quickly...........again. :evil:

Maybe they can do that in frontlines! I like serpy but i agree he could have stayed away a bit longer.

But blaylock wanted to end his run HUGE. I think this can be good!