Whacking the sausage.

Crow T Decepticon

I saw and read about this...

He thought they were joking around and he did it as a joke... Court just made him pay like 400 bucks and he signed 2 baseball bats for the 2 women inside the customes and the charges were dropped...

I finally saw the video, and I seriously can't believe the idiocy of the American media. How could they even attempt to make a story out of this? Better yet, who is the brilliant law enforcement officer that decided to arrest him?

They suspend the guy three games and fine him $2000?! What is Bud Selig smoking? He and the goof balls in the Brewers are the only ones making a big deal out of this.

I didn't hear anything about this... Like I said... He just had to pay some 400 fine and gave each woman a signed baseball bat...

Guess your right man... What a crock!

Simon Suspended for Sausage Swing

HOUSTON (AP) - The Italian sausage was more forgiving than major league baseball.

Pittsburgh's Randall Simon was suspended for three games and fined $2,000 Friday for hitting one of the Milwaukee Brewers' sausage mascots with his bat Wednesday night.

"It was just a few scratches," said the felled sausage, 19-year-old Mandy Block. "I'm fine. I think the whole thing is funny."

Simon, who will not appeal the suspension or fine, did not play Thursday against Milwaukee, so that game will count as one of the three games, a club spokesman said.

Simon wasn't available for comment before or after the Pirates' 4-2 loss to Houston on Friday night.

His teammates weren't surprised by the penalty.

"We figured something was going to happen when Bud Selig talks about it on 'SportsCenter,"' shortstop Jack Wilson said. "Three games is not unreasonable. We just want him to serve it and get back as soon as possible.

"It's not like he meant to assault the mascot. But major league baseball players are role models and major league baseball had to do something about it."

Wilson had no problem with the length of the suspension.

"It's not like it's happened before," he said. "There's no bar to measure it by as reasonable or unreasonable."

Manager Lloyd McClendon wasn't so understanding.

"I'm certainly not happy with the suspension," McClendon said. "We are playing a first-place club. We've gotten ourselves back into the race. I would like to have my first baseman in there against this team.

"It's very difficult to swallow. I guess baseball thinks they need to make a statement to show they care and this is their way of doing it."

The trouble began Wednesday night during the Brewers' popular costume race at Miller Park. That's when Simon hit Block, who was dressed in an Italian sausage costume. Block fell down and knocked over 21-year-old Veronica Piech, who was dressed as a hot dog.

Both women were treated for scraped knees.

They were among four Brewers employees dressed as an oversized bratwurst, a hot dog, and Italian and Polish sausages racing past the Pirates' dugout between the sixth and seventh innings.

After the game, Simon was arrested and booked for misdemeanor battery, and told to show up at the district attorney's office the next day. Though he wasn't charged with a crime, Simon was cited by the sheriff's department for disorderly conduct and fined $432.

The women simply asked for an apology and an autographed bat. Simon complied, giving the Brewers two bats, which were given to the women Friday.

As for the apology - Simon was still working on it. On Thursday, he said that he had not talked to either woman, but had left messages of apology for both.

"His agent called and left a message," Block said Friday. "He hasn't called yet. I understand that. He's traveling. He has games. I'm sure I'll talk to him."

They suspend the guy three games and fine him $2000?! What is Bud Selig smoking? He and the goof balls in the Brewers are the only ones making a big deal out of this

I agree totally Bud Selig has fallen off his rocker. Some people have gotten so stupid. For crying out loud!

They suspend the guy three games and fine him $2000?! What is Bud Selig smoking? He and the goof balls in the Brewers are the only ones making a big deal out of this

I agree totally Bud Selig has fallen off his rocker. Some people have gotten so stupid. For crying out loud!

That man has no sense of humor.... :roll: