Price jacking

*Deathblade

Im sure alot of people here bid on ebay, while its anyones perogative to bid and pay whatever they want on an item, what I really hate is price jackers! I very RARELY bid on an item before the last couple of seconds. Reason being that I dont want some dork just jacking the price up to see what my max bid was and go one over it. I most times dont bid on anything with zero bidders and avoid ANYTHING with more than one zero bidder. Not trying to offend anyone but most times it those guys who blow a price sky high. The thing that gets me is alot of times I think it is not "NEWBIE" bidders, I think it is the person with ghost accounts or their friends jacking the price(I mean Why would an item be at say 340 seven days before auction end?). That and you sometimes have people that see you're about to get a really good deal on something jack the price at the last minute..GGRRR( I basically put in the max I am willing to pay for something and at the last second and if they overbid me they can have it)So do you guys bid at the last minute or put a really high price max and risk price jackers? The only way I'll put a price before hand is if I KNOW I wont be at the computer.

Instead of you bidding the highest you can, why don't you just e'mail the guy if he would sell out of ebay? I know its illegal, but I have done it, and 3 times out of 10, they sold me the item for the offer I made. Try it, you won't be disappointed, just make sure there are no bidders trying to win the same item, cuase then that could cause a problem :oops:

Im sure alot of people here bid on ebay, while its anyones perogative to bid and pay whatever they want on an item, what I really hate is price jackers! I very RARELY bid on an item before the last couple of seconds. Reason being that I dont want some dork just jacking the price up to see what my max bid was and go one over it. I most times dont bid on anything with zero bidders and avoid ANYTHING with more than one zero bidder. Not trying to offend anyone but most times it those guys who blow a price sky high. The thing that gets me is alot of times I think it is not "NEWBIE" bidders, I think it is the person with ghost accounts or their friends jacking the price(I mean Why would an item be at say 340 seven days before auction end?). That and you sometimes have people that see you're about to get a really good deal on something jack the price at the last minute..GGRRR( I basically put in the max I am willing to pay for something and at the last second and if they overbid me they can have it)So do you guys bid at the last minute or put a really high price max and risk price jackers? The only way I'll put a price before hand is if I KNOW I wont be at the computer.

I hate that crap! Newbie bidders, in my experiences, have definitely jacked up some good deals for me. :evil:

Sometimes they're not newbie bidders, but the sellers themselves using alternate accounts to gouge up their own auctions. When you see the same one or two people repeatedly bidding on an item, just avoid it; otherwise you'll run the risk of getting burned by a stunt pulled by the seller.

ebay is a site for everyone in the world to bid on...dont think that you're the only one who has their sights on one particular item. i am usually a last minute bidder myself.

as for what morbo says..sometimes it is true that the sellers are pulling a stunt. just bid what you can and not try to get into a bidding war. if you dont win the auctions, just wait a few weeks, check the auction again to see if they left feedback to each other.