New Crimson Copter and Tomax and Xamot figure pics

JayC

They're probably the best pilot figures we've seen. Hasbro should've retooled the arms or added swivel wrists, but you know how lazy they get with vehicle pack-ins. A few modifications and they could be satisfactory.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that after Spy Troops, that there will be a New Sculpt of The twins in wave 1 or 2 of the new gimmick after Spy Troops :D

Where'd you hear that????? :wink:

he heard it from me lol cause they mentioned they'd be out in a future release at the hasbro round table but they frakenjoed these so they could release these with the copter as a incentive to buy the copter :)-

I heard that after Spy Troops, that there will be a New Sculpt of The twins in wave 1 or 2 of the new gimmick after Spy Troops :D

he heard it from me lol cause they mentioned they'd be out in a future release at the hasbro round table but they frakenjoed these so they could release these with the copter as a incentive to buy the copter :)-

:lol: hee hee heeeeee!

Now THERE'S a demonstration of marketing brillance! :roll: That's like admitting that the copter looks like CRAP, but they'll still put it out there for retail anyway, so "how can we get these stupid looking things to sell?" "I KNOW....we'll frankenstein some crappy JvC parts, that look nothing like the twins, with the JvC figure that everyone hates the arms on, and put them WITH IT!" :)-

8) "hmmmmm? OKAY! MAKE IT SO!" :-?

If they were confident in the looks of the Crimson Attack Copter, it would have likely came with a repainted, in Red, Beach-Head as a CAC fighter! :lol:

Instead, they used the popularity of the Twins as a bait, but even screwed up the design choices for them! For attempting a frankenstein job, they could have gone with any number of parts, that would have been 100 times BETTER.

I think I'll just be customizing a couple of twins myself, and when the excess of Nac's go on sale for $14.99, I'll pick one up and paint it a solid dark Crimson color, without the lumpy/bumpy floral design looking parts on it. Some bronze trim here & there only! :wink:

:lol: hee hee heeeeee!

Now THERE'S a demonstration of marketing brillance! :roll: That's like admitting that the copter looks like CRAP, but they'll still put it out there for retail anyway, so "how can we get these stupid looking things to sell?" "I KNOW....we'll frankenstein some crappy JvC parts, that look nothing like the twins, with the JvC figure that everyone hates the arms on, and put them WITH IT!" :)-

8) "hmmmmm? OKAY! MAKE IT SO!" :-?

If they were confident in the looks of the Crimson Attack Copter, it would have likely came with a repainted, in Red, Beach-Head as a CAC fighter! :lol:

Instead, they used the popularity of the Twins as a bait, but even screwed up the design choices for them! For attempting a frankenstein job, they could have gone with any number of parts, that would have been 100 times BETTER.

I think I'll just be customizing a couple of twins myself, and when the excess of Nac's go on sale for $14.99, I'll pick one up and paint it a solid dark Crimson color, without the lumpy/bumpy floral design looking parts on it. Some bronze trim here & there only! :wink:

Hey VH!I'm one step ahead of you on those Twins!

fbb2c92c.jpg

Hehehe...that was a shameless self-promotion there! 8)

It's been said a million times over,but I'll say it again,and I'm not just meaning myself here,but Hasbro should really look to the customizers for some guidance on frankenstein'ing Joe parts together to create new characters.We've seen MANY wonderful custom additions of characters both past and present,some of which hardly use ANY diverse paint jobs (and Hasbro could afford to create them because they don't need so many colors).In addition to my Crimson Twins,I've seen Invisible Wraith's own,and even HE did an excellent job of really making the pair stand out,he even used portions of the CLAWS Commander as well.

Maybe someone should post on the message board that DDD posts at.Asking him whether Hasbro looks at any of the customs around...because if there's anytime they needed to do so for guidance,it's a DESPERATE time to do that right now.It's good to hear that there will be new sculpts in the near future,but still,with several highly prized Joe characters (Clutch,the Twins,and possibly a few others coming up soon) Hasbro has really f***ed up the first time around (if there will even be a second for some others,I'd sure hope so).

well ya know i dont think they look that bad. seeing as these are mock ups i'll reserve further judgement till i see em in person.. i do hate the claws commander arms but thats a simple switch aroo. the chopper i think looks pretty cool to, it suits cobra's style. also lets look at the brite side hasbro is frankenstiening JvC not just straight up repaints. thats a plus boys! they could of kept the claws commander head too! :o this cac is a step toward the right direction imo.

TM

fbb2c92c.jpg

I like CC's versions MUCH better! They represent the the image of the Twins a lot better, than the regal uniform look of the Claws Commander body. The arms on the CC are undoubtedly horrid and out of proportion (the one on the right demonstrated this totally) and another flaw less mentioned, is the short length of their shins, from the knee joint down.

A highly unproportioned figure in all, and a real shame if it ends up being the only choice for the Twins, in JvC style for us...anytime SOON! :-?

lets look at the brite side hasbro is frankenstiening JvC not just straight up repaints. thats a plus boys! they could of kept the claws commander head too!  this cac is a step toward the right direction imo.

So TRUE TM..so true! I'll applaud the effort and hope for it's continuance, but it's thumbs down on the final product. I bought the desert camo version of the NAC also, because I like the vehicle itself VERY MUCH and would have no problem buying a 3rd...if it had been done correctly. I don't like the crap on the blades and canopy though...it's like "WTF is it?" :o

Hasbro's struggling to get a REAL grip on the imagination of this toyline's fanbase, and claiming that they're really NOT trying to get it, because they're concentrating on a NEW younger fanbase, is a copout! They'll utilize ALL the popular icons of ARAH, but still claim they're wanting to attract a new audience of "kids" who have no prior knowledge of what came before. :roll:

They'll end up disappointing BOTH markets, if they don't get somebody in there, that has the knowledge, background and creative imagination (like ANY of the many customizers around the forums) to clue them in on this stuff.

JvC is a new design in itself, and many fans are coming around to it's potentials for it's details & poseabilities. That's enough already, to please the "kids" that this isn't EXACTLY like dads toys, but different enough to be cool on it's own. New ideas for new characters is always a plus also, but they shouldn't stray so far from the appearances of the staple characters, like Recondo, Tunnel Rat, Wild Bill or the Twins.

If I was in charge...I would have keep VERY close to the

looks of the originals of the ARAH releases, testing the popularity of the new JvC construction FIRST...then as it became an accepted change, began toying with new uniforms and different looks for them in subsequent waves.

We got drastic changes in construction AND (in most cases) drastic changes in character appearances..all in one shaBANG!

A 2-pack for the Twins in classic looking apparel FIRST, then release them with a modified NAC as it's pilots, LATER! It's maybe just a case of ass-backwards marketing strategy? :lol:

This is all just "IMO" of course and many will disagree, but I can't speak for everyone elses opinions..just throw out what I think and see if it's met with "yeas" or "neys"! :wink:

fbb2c92c.jpg

I like CC's versions MUCH better!  They represent the the image of the Twins a lot better, than the regal uniform look of the Claws Commander body.  The arms on the CC are undoubtedly horrid and out of proportion (the one on the right demonstrated this totally) and another flaw less mentioned, is the short length of their shins, from the knee joint down.

This isn't what you told me over the phone... Ouuuuchhh... WTF!!! Why did you hit me you old depend wearing #$### :lol: 8)

fbb2c92c.jpg

I like CC's versions MUCH better!  They represent the the image of the Twins a lot better, than the regal uniform look of the Claws Commander body.  The arms on the CC are undoubtedly horrid and out of proportion (the one on the right demonstrated this totally) and another flaw less mentioned, is the short length of their shins, from the knee joint down.

This isn't what you told me over the phone... Ouuuuchhh... WTF!!! Why did you hit me you old depend wearing #@*% :lol: 8)

Tattletale!!! @-@

I can't believe that so many of you guys actually like this thing that they are trying to sell. The only thing IMO that is remotely cool about the crimson chopper is its paint job. Everything else is crap to me, then again this is just my opinion, and for the record thats not Tomax and Xamot. CobraCommanders customs ARE Tomax and Xamot......i'm not buying it cause its crap......people complain about re-paints and all that jazz but they still buy it.

Toy collectors as a whole are very hippocritical people.....i'm just glad I'm not forced to buy one of these really bad repainted figures to get another new character. Thank Goodness :D

fbb2c92c.jpg

I wouldn't go that far man... I mean they are nice and all but don't let it all go to your head...

I'm not :wink: I just wanted to use this as an example of how far some time and effort for frankensteining and painting can go if Hasbro decided to do so.We've seen so many great customs,and it just makes me wonder...and I'm not only talking about GI Joes here...but if companies want to save money on mold designs,they can put some money into compiling well done and painted frankenstein'ed figures.

Hasbro is taking shots from both sides here when producing this new GI Joe line.Because they came about ressurecting and breathing new life into a successful line they had back in the 80's and early 90's,they're warranting a lot of criticism from those of us who REMEMBER the original RAH line.In some ways,I think if it wasn't for the RAH fans expressing their opinion on the new JvC product,we'd still be seeing JvC stuff reminescent of Wave 1,complete with T-Crotches and all.

Still,we 'remember' the glory days of GI Joe,some of us grew up collecting them,others,like myself,grew up playing with them.The characters have grown on us and when Hasbro decides to release a product with an old favorite's name,a lot of us collectors have HUGE expectations.Case in point here,Tomax and Xamot.Like TM mentioned,I also applaud Hasbro's efforts in frankensteining Joes,but also like VH,I think the final products thus far have turned out disappointing,especially when a such a large and popular toy company as Hasbro obviously has the resources,the parts,the tools,the technology,etc,to do so much better.I mean if I can take an Iron Grenadier body,a pair of Black Out's arms,and a touched up Blowtorch head,slap on some paint,do it twice,add a shoulder guard and call them the Crimson Twins,with all the simple tools that I got,considering what Hasbro has in terms of toy-making,they should meet or exceed what I've and others have done in terms of customizing,whether its the Twins or other characters.

It just disappoints me because if Hasbro wants to save money on paint,parts and other stuff,there have been many examples of characters customized that have used 2-4 colors on them and they turn out much better than some of Hasbro's own efforts (Crimson Twins and Clutch mainly come to mind).And with parts,isn't it simple enough to mold out some other parts besides just heads to frankenstein a Joe together?Is it that costly that Hasbro doesn't want to do it?I'd really like to know some of the answers to these...but only Hasbro could really answer that for themselves.Maybe I'll ask them at the next Joecon.

a lot of us collectors have HUGE expectations.

Isn't that the downfall of a lot of collectors, though? :wink: I seriously doubt that for some people Hasbro will never be able to live up to those "standards" no matter what they do.

I sometimes wonder that we often have too critical of an eye towards these toys and too often our memories and feelings towards our childhood, cloud something we might otherwise enjoy.

Isn't that the downfall of a lot of collectors, though? :wink: I seriously doubt that for some people Hasbro will never be able to live up to those "standards" no matter what they do.

I sometimes wonder that we often have too critical of an eye towards these toys and too often our memories and feelings towards our childhood, cloud something we might otherwise enjoy.

Oh yeah!I agree completely with you,my main gripe here is Hasbro's efforts at frakensteining and repainting current JvC figures and labeling them as some old favorites.I just wish their efforts were a lot better and devoted toward doing so...more like those of a customizer.

As for the critical eye,I could name a few posters here on ADC that I have seen been a little too critical about things,I won't deny that I may be guilty of that sometimes as well,but the largest example I think of the "critical views" is the JvC vs. RAH debate and the hardcore RAH enthusiasts that label JvC as nothing better than crap.I'm a JvC fan and overall I am pleased with the products thus far,but Hasbro CAN do better in some aspects,namely retooling some characters with older parts.

Oh yeah!I agree completely with you,my main gripe here is Hasbro's efforts at frakensteining and repainting current JvC figures and labeling them as some old favorites.I just wish their efforts were a lot better and devoted toward doing so...more like those of a customizer.

If these were going to be the "core" figures of the twins for the GvC line, then I'd feel cheated as well. However, since they are for a vehicle pack-in, I'm OK with it.

I thought Hasbro said the figures were done this way to get the product to market faster than wait for all new sculpts.

I thought Hasbro said the figures were done this way to get the product to market faster than wait for all new sculpts.

I'd rather wait for good quality product than have rushed crap just to get it early. They could have at least put better arms on the figures like Black out's or an IG's.

Don't get me wrong I love JvC its what got me back into Joes.....but frankensteining something and just throwing it out there saying "Oh look its Tomax and Xamot" doesn't make me want to buy it. The only way that hasbro will change its ways will be if the thing doesn't sell. Thats what I'm trying to say......most people are mad they are frankenstein hack jobs but they will still be buying the durn thing. Me I'm passing thats just my opinion. But JvC is all good to me except crap like the crimson attack chopper....thats just an example of what is holding down what could be an UNREAL line.