More Wave 8 pics

JayC

-Switch Gears looks a little better in this clearer picture of him,but not very much.I'd still like to see the figure without his helmet and see what his hairstyle looks like and all that.Cobra Commander is looking terrific,he's my favorite figure from the Wave and he looks very impressive. I hope there no sound tab on the staff too.Diaper crotches anyone? :wink:

-Heavy Duty I really careless about,this figure almost basically looks like Roadblock with a bandana on.He looks insanely skinny too with those limbs,but his Nullifier gear looks pretty cool.Heavy Water I think is the biggest surprise out of thise Wave,the figure looks TERRIFIC and I really think no expected him to look cool at all.

-I like the repaint of Duke,this is one of the better JvC repaints lately and I'm glad it turned out so well.This is definitely a "Night Combat" version of Duke IMO.The Pit Viper looks great as well,he's got a lot of detail and a superb paint-job...he almost looks like a new version of the SAW Viper perhaps?Cobra's new 'hard-@$$' trooper.

-Nice pairing with Faces and Zartan.I don't like the cowboy chaps on Faces,but the figure still looks pretty cool,the head could work good for a Clutch custom to get that rough,grease monkey look.The accessories for both figures look cool as well.As for Zartan,I think this is the best paint job thus far of the mold,I like the addition of the 'slithering' Cobra logo on his leg,it also looks like he has a 'less distant' look in his eyes.

We're missing a few here...are the other pics not working for anyone else either?

Excellent!

Can't get enough of checking these beauts out! I think some of the legs have the swivel thigh on them, and the way it's twisted for these preview shots, is not very flattering to the figure, Heavy Duty being one that suffers from it, I think. His thigh pad is still facing forward and his foot is twisted in a way that makes his legs look funny. He may not be all that bad in person.

I REALLY like the way the skin tones, and skin colored plastic, is looking on these...almost back to the quality of the 80's Joes, in that area. VERY nice. :D

http://afigures.com/g/generated/GIJoe/JvC8..._scaled_640.jpg

I love this set!

I hope they didn't rename Ripcord to 'Sgt.Airborne'!He was JUST fine as Ripcord.Hasbro better have a real good reason for doing this...and I wonder why the mold was missing at the Joecon,from what I've seen,it's gotten plenty of positive reviews.

Sorry I had forgotten the pic of Gung-Ho and Zarana which has been added. As for Sgt Airborne, I know EE has it named Ripcord but at the convention you can see the name tag says Sgt Airborne so thats what I have gone by. I will try and get an update on this figure. It seemed to be absent from the con and was absent in the pics that were sent to me so I don't no whats up with it. I''ll let you know when I learn more.

I hope the Ripcord hasn't been changed to Airborne! The mold just doesn't fit imo. I really hate the Heavy Duty body, but like the head. I'm already think Faces has custom posibilities.

Draven

For those of you who read the DD comic, you'll notice that the EE pic that showed Ripcord the action figure is exactly how Ripcord looks like in the DD comic. Check DD's Battle Files Sourcebook.

So I say "SGT. Airborne" is a place holder till Hasbro can get the Ripcord name back.

16835-Wave8-04.JPG

Still good. I can't wait for this wave.

As far as airborn, it was obviously meant to be ripcord so hopefully they can get the name.

oh and Zarana she has a huge Dreadnok symbol on her back

wow really awesome man cool to know, awesome find, wish we had pics :)-