New Justice League With Darkseid Spoilers

JayC

I thought that was the most entertaining Justice league episode of All

Thumps UP @ThumbUp@

I was very impressed. I felt it pretty much blew away most of the season one episodes (except for The Savage Time). The intereaction between the characters is so much better. I especially liked Supes final line to Bats. Wow. The ante for the series has definitely been upped.

Yeah, that surprised me, too. It was nice that they were able to get most of the original voices from the Superman series to do this episode.

Whats surprised me most was Batman is starting to develop a bigger sense of humor. Looks like J'onn is getting one as well.

Heh...

Batman - "Enjoying yourself?"

Manhunter -"Yes."

Quite possibly the funniest moment in all the DC animated shows to date.

I was also fond of, "I'm going to need a longer grapple", and "He's as bad as the Flash"

And where WAS the Flash? Was Rosenbaum off doing Smallville at the time?

Both GL and Flash were missed. I think Batman put Superman down at least 3 times in this story. I liked the part at the end where Batman said to Supes no one could have survied that, not even Darkseid and Supes turned to him and said, Bruce your not always right. And then walked off.

This was a great episode. Question is the guy who did Supes voice in this JL episode the same guy that did it in the Superman series? I know in the first season of JL they had someone different but in this one it sounded just like the voice of the guy that did the Superman episodes they showed right before the JL one.

Yes this was a great episode, Darkseid is my favorite DC villan so it was great for me. I thought the comedy moments were cool. Scott, I agree it did sound like the same voice from the supes series. Does anyone know when other new episodes will be on? @candle@

Who were those people on that other planet

Were they ever in the comic(im talking about that High Father dude)

The gods of New Genesis are the polar opposite of Apokolips in every way. The fourth world stuff is, for the most part, before my time...so I don't know as much of the history as I should. But they're definately from the comics previously. Orion, while he IS Darkseid's natural son (however that works), was brought up on New Genesis. Likewise, High Father's son was brought up on Apokolips, and became Mr. Miracle (who is married to Big Barda...some might know Barda and Orion from the Morrison run on JLA). The whole idea was the the exchange of children was a symbol of a peace treaty between the two worlds.

For those that remember the "Legacy" eps of the Superman TAS, High Father put Earth under his protection, which meant that Darksied can't attack the Earth without breaking the treaty and then getting his rear handed to him by the New Gods. That's why he had to work through Brainiac in the first place for this episode.

All in all, I think Jack Kirby would probably have dug the episode. And that's pretty high praise.

Superman's voice is still George Newbern, and not Tim Daly, in the new episode. I think a little bit of humor on Bats part is OK. My personal favorite line is when Batman says to WW, "The next time I put Superman in charge, hit me really hard!"

I liked how they seemed to be hinting that we may see Hawkman and/or Thanagar this year.

I liked how they seemed to be hinting that we may see Hawkman and/or Thanagar this year.

They DID say that the League would be adding a member for at least part of this season. At the time, I think everyone just assumed it would be Aquaman.

Here's to hoping!

Anybody else notice how DeSaad sounded like Rene Auberjonois,instead of the guy who did his voice on Superman:TAS?
I'm pretty sure it WAS him. He's been doing voiceover work for years. I think the most obscure thing I've seen his name in the credits for is the Smurfs.

**edit**

I just checked the internet movie database, just to see if they had put the epidose on his list of guest star roles (hey, they've got Kanjar Ro on there, who knows, right?). Something I didn't realize is that according to that, he was also DeSaad back in the Superfriends days. (84/85)

I'd say that was pretty slick.