New Mattel Bat pics

JayC

man I sound like a real wet blanket because everyone loves these but I think they could have been alot better. I mean sheesh no elbow articulation?! Thats like standard on even the crapiest of figures these days. The paint job on Robin looks way too glossy , plus he should have green gloves and whats with the gold streaks through his hair?! I think people will still be wanting a more articulated Batman after this blows over.

Yeah, Robin's gloves are supposed to be green...I gotta admit though, I kinda dig the black.

I doubt very seriously that these will be the last versions we'll see. Now that they've got the base figure sculpted and tooled, they can turn around and cut extra articulation into the figure (which can be done by the factory after tooling...depending on how involved it is), do a slight paint change, and toss in a couple new accessories, and you've got a Batman that I've just bought twice.

You know...looking at the pic of Batman and Robin together, you can really tell that they were sculpted by different people. (for those that may no know, Bat's was sculpted by the Horsemen, while Robin was a Mattel in-house sculpt) It's especially evident when comparing the boots and chests. Though the hands are a bit of a giveaway too...

I wonder if maybe they'll change up a little in the future and let the Horsemen do a Robin sculpt. Maybe we won't end up with the freakin' frosted hair.

I'll admit you can tell the difference in style, but it isn't horrendous IMO. Wow the Mattel in house actually nailed one? Whoda thunk :lol: so far that's two, skeletor's battel ram chariot and robin :lol: Yes the "frosted hair" does look dumb, but that's nothing a little paint can't fix ;) They look great, sad that I may never own them :(

They look great, sad that I may never own them :(

What?! You're obviously a big fan, and if you weren't a collector of some kind you wouldn't be here. So what's the deal, is it availability? Because if it is, I'd be glad to try and help out.

No, Batmans belt can not open. It is however made out of soft rubber. I only have two minor complaints about this figure.

1. The Leg articulation sucks

2. the ears are too long to be based on Jim Lee's art.

Well, i still want these

And you should they are awesome. I haven't been able to put the Batman down since Wednesday. I cleared off a whole shelf of figures for them. And made a Crime Alley type setup with dumpsters, trash cans, crates and other trash looking items from Jakks WWE accessories. But the Zipline Batman is awesome.

PJ

I'd love to, but we don't have a digital camera as I keep buying figures. Although my wife does want to get one though. Hopefully we'll get one soon. That is if I can stop buying my daughter and I toys long enough to get one.

PJ