Which Armada figures will become rare more quickly?

JBoyle3875

Yah, yah, it's the new guy on the forums again. With another question......IMAGINE THAT! ;)

As I'm but four Transformers Armada figures into my collection (Powerlinx Optimus, Demolishor, Jetfire and Scavenger), I'd like to know which ones you think I'd be the most wise in targeting first. The plan is to get all Armada figures, including Mini-Cons and Powerlinx lines.

I'd like to target the rarer ones, so I don't have to pay out the nose on ebay or to an online vendor.

Should I go for the Mini-Cons? Scouting missions to the local Wally Worlds, Targets and TRUs show that I can rack up about 8 or 9 sets of them here local, and cheap, and right away.

The $10 ones?

The $20-25 ones?

I'd rather wait and see if my SuperTarget (I work there, 10% discount!) clearances the eight regular Optimus Primes we have in stock ATM, so I'm not worried about that one right now, given the fact that I already have the Powerlinx I can admire.

And hell yes I plan on snagging a Unicron the day of release if possible.

And how many of these Armada figures AREN'T released yet?

Once again, thanks for helping out the newbie. The thread I started on inquiring about reputable dealers has proven to be MOST helpful.

It's kinda hard right now to determine which toys will be rare at this point. I would say the repaints, as Hasbro has said they will be shipped in smaller numbers than the originals. This includes all Powerlinks and beast repaints.

As for Armada toys unreleased so far in the US they are -

Skywarp (repaint/remold)

Unicron

Overload

Tidal Wave

Hoist

Wheeljack

Powerlinks Hot Shot

PL Red Alert

PL Jetfire

PL Demolisher

PL Cyclonus

PL Thrust

Cheetor

Airazor

Predacon

Road Assault Team(Race team repaints)

Road Wrecker Team(Destruction team repaints)

Then of course we have the remainder of RiD: G1 Spychangers, Stunticon Spychangers, and the Yellow Build Team. It's possible these will be releases in TF Universe though.

I can't think of any Armada that are all that hard to come by right now, except maybe Laserbeak, but he's lame, in my opinion. The $10(Supercon) Optimus Prime is a safe bet to pick up, especially if you want the regular Prime colors, without spending $40. I have't seen too many Megatrons around lately, since Galvatron has basically replaced him, so you may want to get Megs if you see him. You'll like him too, I think. Armada Megatron/Galvatron are easily a couple of my favorites of the line.

I would say a couple of them are already rare. The first supercon Prime with the silver lights, and the first variant of Sideways.

I see. I don't think I'll worry about variants of figures.....one figure will be quite enough for me. (Exception being, of course, the Powerlinx figures, but after all, those have different boxes and such. ;) )

I'll be spending enough on this collection, consarnit! ;) Hopefully I can have it near completion before the next series comes out.

Cant find Starscream anymore.

yeah Starscream and Hotshot. I haven't see Hotshot for a while now. Everywhere I go I see Jetfire, Megatron, Op, Red-Alert, Scavenger, Thrust, and Skywarp. :-?

Cant find Starscream anymore.

yeah Starscream and Hotshot. I haven't see Hotshot for a while now. Everywhere I go I see Jetfire, Megatron, Op, Red-Alert, Scavenger, Thrust, and Skywarp. :-?

come to nothern illinois we got stockpiles of hotshot , smokescreen , and lazerbeak . and dont you mean t-cracker ? i dont think skywarp is out yet .

Ihope your not looking to be one of those old codgerly dude that twent years frome now is selling a MISB laserbeak and super rare hotshot smiling face version!

As I'm somewhat unaccustomed to the style/format of this board, I'm unsure as to whether you are referring to me or not.

But to comment on your post there, no I'm not planning on selling this stuff 20 years down the road unless I NEED the money. I started my collection to relive my youth somewhat (even though I'm just 22), and to have some REAL toys to show to my kids.

Ihope your not looking to be one of those old codgerly dude that twent years frome now is selling a MISB laserbeak and super rare hotshot smiling face version!

As I'm somewhat unaccustomed to the style/format of this board, I'm unsure as to whether you are referring to me or not.

But to comment on your post there, no I'm not planning on selling this stuff 20 years down the road unless I NEED the money. I started my collection to relive my youth somewhat (even though I'm just 22), and to have some REAL toys to show to my kids.

Just poking fun at you dude :lol: though I did start a post to see if any one here does do that, I know some people do buy the figs just cause they think they will appreciate over time-didn't really mean you..its all good :lol:

Just poking fun at you dude :lol: though I did start a post to see if any one here does do that, I know some people do buy the figs just cause they think they will appreciate over time-didn't really mean you..its all good :lol:

Oh, I wasn't offended in the least. Of course, if I were to collect these soley for monetary gain, I'd have to keep them in the box.

NEVER!

I must enjoy my toys...er.....collection! :)

Wave 1 should be your first targets, with the exception of Red Alert, since he seems to be doing a very good job of warming shelves. Demolisher seems quite scarce as well

Dunno about Prime 'coz he hasnt been released here yet :cry: Dont think I'll see a PL Prime before the winter of discontent

Wave 1 should be your first targets, with the exception of Red Alert, since he seems to be doing a very good job of warming shelves. Demolisher seems quite scarce as well

Ignore that! Red Alert is the best Maxcon thus far. :D

Ignore that! Red Alert is the best Maxcon thus far.  :D

He's one of the Armada that I didn't get. His wicked-bulky upper body and well.. girly legs sorta turned me off. They just didn't look right together. His vehicle mode is kinda blah to me, too.

'My favorite Maxcon' (ha) is either T-cracker or Scavenger(so far).

Well, here's what I'm going to get tomorrow, from work on a 10% discount:

Adventure Mini-Con Team

Destruction Mini-Con Team

Galvatron w/ Clench

Optimus Prime w/ Over-Run

Race Mini-Con Team

Sea Mini-Con Team

Sideways with Rook & Crosswise

Space Mini-Con Team

Street Speed Mini-Con Team

Thundercracker Mini-Con Team

Roughly a $113 haul after tax & discount, if my math is correct. The Space Mini-Con team looks friggin cool.

i dont think that the armada stuff is going to be worth much of anything...i mean they are being mass produced and collectors everywhere are saving tons of them misb unlike the 80's where misb transformers was unheard of and hard core collectors were more rare than today....

its just like beast wars and RID...are they worth anything?

RID has been discounted to the roof and you can find the autobot car brothers for about $5 each on ebay

its starting to become a sad transformers world where everything is being massed produced (including g1 stuff) and nothing is really rare anymore.

just a thought

Well, here's what I'm going to get tomorrow, from work on a 10% discount:

Very good.

its just like beast wars and RID...are they worth anything?

Gotta give RiD some time yet, it's still too recent, and there's enough of it on ebay and whatnot to keep the 'market' low.

Beast Wars seems to have its share of higher value MISB figures. Gorilla Primal for one. We're still less than 10 years removed from Beast Wars, so you gotta give it some time too. Look at how cheap G2 stuff went for back when it was being closed out at retail, and they were basically G1 reissues. I got a complete yellow Devastator at KB back in the day for $3 per MOSC Constructicon, $18 total.

its starting to become a sad transformers world where everything is being massed produced (including g1 stuff) and nothing is really rare anymore.

I'm not worried about how much my TFs will be worth, but I do worry about over-saturation. TFs are definitely in a "boom" right now, they're making more and more of everything, so it seems eventually it would peak and popularity would wane, and stuff will start sitting around(didn't that happen during Beast Machines anyway?).

But whatever, as long as they make cool toys I'm happy.

Armada, RID, Beast Wars, Beast Machines...None of these figures will ever be worth anything (money and collector related), but if you like them then its worth to you.

The only thing under the Armada banner that will be worth anything right now and go down in history is UNICRON

Good Im glad nothing will be rare. These are toys. And although they have become a favorite of collectors they are still toys and should be made avaliable to all children. Who needs to make 20-30 dollars selling a child ahis dream. Toys should be made in abundance and not rare. Im so sorry many of you cant rape and pilage small children and toystores.

Good Im glad nothing will be rare. These are toys. And although they have become a favorite of collectors they are still toys and should be made avaliable to all children. Who needs to make 20-30 dollars selling a child ahis dream. Toys should be made in abundance and not rare. Im so sorry many of you cant rape and pilage small children and toystores.

A MISB G1 Galvatron is still a toy but worth MUCHO DINERO bud.

Sure, its still some plastic to you, but to collectors (and fans of the series) that toy is worth as much as nostalgia value and as a collectible.

Armada, just like RID was made for kids and will always be looked upon just like that. I can't see anyone spending 50 dollars for carded minicons anytime soon.

You talk about raping someone's dream? that's harsh, yet, if I had the money I would gladly pay for a nice G1 Blaster. I'm glad that there's people out there who still have these toys and are able to sell them. I'm sure anyone with cash would be fullfilling A DREAM by adding such awesome G1 toys to their collection.