Energon Prices from Target.

Starscream49

Got this article from Transfandom.com who got it off the Allspark.com but here are what appears to be Energon Prices. $49 for one????? Wonder what thats gonna be, thats like Unicron.

NEW Energon Listings in the Target System! - by Silverbolt on Jul 2nd, 2003 @ 17:02

Mouth04 of the Allspark has posted several new listings in the Target computer system ... for Energon! The listings are as follows:

Transformers Energon Basic Asst $6.99 087-06-0746

Transformers Energon Deluxe Asst $9.99 087-06-0749

Transformers Energon Mega Asst $19.99 087-06-0750

Transformers Energon Ultra Asst $24.99 087-06-0751

Transformers Energon Super Asst $39.99 087-06-0753

Transformers Energon Supreme Asst $49.99 087-06-0756

And this interesting listing for the recently trademarked name of "Alternators":

Transformers Alternators Dlx Asst $19.99 087-06-0744

Don't know what exactly to make of all this? See what others are saying here on the TFD Forums or here in the original thread at the Allspark!

I think it could be Fort Max. Maybe that's the real reason why we didn't get him for RID. They thought about it and decided they would bring him out in the US sometime early on with the Energon series instead of being at the end like he would have been with RID.

If its Fort Max I hope its a new mold, since the old one makes me physically sick. Too blocky and "straight up and down". He needs some oomph behind him, big chest and big shoulders. Height alone is not enough to make me drool

A few too many price points for me there. At least the dropping of the ***con format might mean the end of minicons

Wonder what that alternators thing is? Im getting visions of Animorphs for some reason :-? :roll: :evil:

• 3 weeks later...

Here's a posting for a Transformers Alternators pre-order Smokescreen at BBTS...

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/toystan.asp?...?Queryid=pre625

Also, you can see the original pictures here...

http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/be-j/sin/ivent_06.htm

It has been discussed in the Energon Pub at www.seibertron.com if you want to learn more!

Thought you'd all like to know! I think I'll be waiting to see what comes to Target. $20 is a lot better than $54 + shipping!!! :o

I find it hard to get enthused about these upcoming toys... Hasn't it been said that Energon is a continuation of Armada? Without drumming up the "This Vs That!" silliness, I don't like Armada. With a few exceptions (Supercon Prime, Demolisher, probably Tidal Wave) most of the toys aren't up to the coolness Hasbro/Takara set up with Beast Wars and RID... *shrugs*

I'm hoping there's more to Alternator than Smokescreen though! :lol: Those Japanese - they love Smokescreen somethin' fierce!

Tom