What's your favorite 2003 Convention item?

CLAM

What's your favorite 2003 Convention item?  

1. 1. What's your favorite 2003 Convention item?

• Operation Anaconda figure set (15 figures)
    • Attendee Exclusive Submarines (set of 3 Hammerhead Subs)
    • Parachute Drop figure Air-Viper (Vapor mold repaint)
    • Hiss 2 exclusive souvenir
    • Firefly 2-pack exclusive souvenir
    • other

Hey guys,

the convention is finally over, and I was looking through all my stuff that I picked up. I am sure that everybody has seen all the convention exclusive items by now.. and I was wondering what I liked the best, and what everybody else liked the best from this year's show.

So please vote on what was your favorite item, I know that only 4 of us have actually been able to hold them in their own hands, but please give it a shot.

and also include why you picked what you did

I was going to make a thread about this but ya beat me to it.........

anyhow the hiss was the coolest :)- :)-

Even though I have none of the Convention items, I voted for the HISS 2. Mostly because that is the reissue I'm looking forward to the most sometime in the future. Sadly, it has a chance to be mauled by crappy JvC gimmicks. But maybe when it comes out after the whole SA and ST junk era is over, it'll be gimmick free (unlikely). I hope the next gimmick isn't too horrible.

Good runner-ups are the figures that showed up in the Con Set, Lt. Falcon, Lady Jaye, and Con souvenir Firefly (in black).

hmm.. 9 votes but only 6 people posted? you dirty bastages! you know who you are.. tell us why you voted for what you did! :lol:

who voted for other... was there even anything "other" to vote for? maybe a 12 inch fan came by?

anyhow, my favorites were the parachute figures.. I don't know why really, but I absolutely love that figure to death! It is now one of my alltime favorite GiJoe figures. There were so many of them all over the place, and I only caught 1 :x

I also really like the Hiss 2, but I like the Air-viper better. And the Operation Anaconda set turned out really nice..

All you guys who were bad mouthing the MC convention items can eat it now :lol:

The rest while nice, are too much for too little.

yeah, except for the parachute figures, which were FREE!

The rest while nice, are too much for too little.

yeah, except for the parachute figures, which were FREE!

Was the drop orderly or did elbows fly? :wink:

it was very orderly. Brian Savage did an excellent job of making sure of that. He tried to make sure that everybody had an equal chance at getting them, although some people got none and some people still got more.. I'll tell my entire story of this event later.

hmm.. 9 votes but only 6 people posted? you dirty bastages! you know who you are.. tell us why you voted for what you did!
@-@ :lol:

I voted other, I think its cool to finally have some basic cobra troopers in the ranks. Plus i liked some of the classic 12-inch figures coming out (i also collect those).

Hey guys

I just got back from the airport and wow am I glad that I went to the con this year. I have to sort through all of my new stuff and then I'll be back to add to the convention chatting.

Violentfix

hmm.. 9 votes but only 6 people posted? you dirty bastages! you know who you are.. tell us why you voted for what you did!
@-@ :lol:

I voted other, I think its cool to finally have some basic cobra troopers in the ranks. Plus i liked some of the classic 12-inch figures coming out (i also collect those).

um okay.. but this poll is not about what is the coolest thing coming out. It was "what is your favorite 2003 Convention exclusive item?"

that means out of the items that were made solely for sale at the convention this year, what is your favorite?

Hey guys

I just got back from the airport and wow am I glad that I went to the con this year.  I have to sort through all of my new stuff and then I'll be back to add to the convention chatting.

Violentfix

you went too??? we didn't see ya did we?

Hey guys

I just got back from the airport and wow am I glad that I went to the con this year.  I have to sort through all of my new stuff and then I'll be back to add to the convention chatting.

Violentfix

Those crazy Anti-Social people! And here I was trying to meet up with as many ADC people as possible! Met Clam, Super Megatron, and SKARAPZ! Those are the only ADC reps I saw... :(

-Kevin

Hey guys

Violentfix

I don't know. I tried. I spent a lot of time chatting with people. but never really found anyone from ADC. I met lots of cool people though and had a great time.

22958-sm_SFO_Eric_at_Breakfast.jpg

Hey people. No wise cracks about my clean cut prep look that day.

Violentfix

Hey guys

Violentfix

I don't know. I tried. I spent a lot of time chatting with people. but never really found anyone from ADC. I met lots of cool people though and had a great time.

22958-sm_SFO_Eric_at_Breakfast.jpg

Hey people. No wise cracks about my clean cut prep look that day.

Violentfix

hey Dude, I saw you at least 9 times!!! I am absolutely positive. that's funny, you should have posted a pic of yourself before the convention, or at least studied up on the pics of ADC members who said they were going.. I recognized Skarapz from his pic... but nobody recognized me.. and I have tons of pics of myself floating around here..

Anyways, in case you might remember... Skarapz was wearing a baseball cap backwards and a red Terrel Owens 49ers Jersey on Friday.. He has long sideburns and a goatee.. I was wearing a black GiJoe t-shirt and blue jeans.. and I was limping because I have a broken foot.. I had my hair slicked back somewhat.. We are both big dudes.. Admiral Hunter was wearing a white t-shirt and blue jeans, and he is about 6'2" I think.

dang, now that I think about it, we should have taken a pic together guys!

um okay.. but this poll is not about what is the coolest thing coming out. It was "what is your favorite 2003 Convention exclusive item?"

I missed where it said "exclusive"!

In that case i would have to say Firefly 2-pack exclusive souvenir.

dang, now that I think about it, we should have taken a pic together guys!

Well, it's not like I can't go visit you whenever you give me my five bucks! Speaking of, I'll be cutting through Sacramento on my way up to visit an old friend of the female persuasion!!! (hint hint i want my money!!!)

-Kevin

Well, it's not like I can't go visit you whenever you give me my five bucks!  Speaking of, I'll be cutting through Sacramento on my way up to visit an old friend of the female persuasion!!!  (hint hint i want my money!!!)

-Kevin

your going to see a female friend because you want your money? :o You must have skillz Kevin! :lol:

anyways; I thought I owed Skarapz 5 bucks.. I know I saw him post that.. or maybe you posted it under his username while you guys were sharing your laptop.. anyways, I'll send you your 5 bucks tomorrow if you want it that bad.. Or I can just wait until we do that trade thing we were talking about at the Convention. I'll try to look tomorrow and make sure which ones of those items I have that you are looking for.