So is season 1 coming to DvD or what????

RobbieDigital

I've read in a couple other posts that people mentioned that season 1 is coming out on dvd. Is this true or is it just people talking......can someone clear this up for me. I looked back and didn't see any topics on it????

I think it will because Marvel and SunBow are nice and release there stuff, but i have heard that after Marvel and sunbow stop making Gi Joe and Dick started making Gi Joe that Dick dosent wanna release their episodes out, but Dick didn't start making them till after arise Sperpentor arise, i've heard this information, but i may be wrong

I think it will because Marvel and SunBow are nice and release there stuff, but i have heard that after Marvel and sunbow stop making Gi Joe and Dick started making Gi Joe that Dick dosent wanna release their episodes out, but Dick didn't start making them till after arise Sperpentor arise, i've heard this information, but i may be wrong

... dick? :lol:

I'll clarify that, NightCreeper. G.I. Joe, the original animated series was produced by Marvel and Sunbow from 1982 until about 1988. The last G.I. Joe thing that Sunbow did was G.I. Joe The Movie (which would have had theatrical release if not for the backlash of the TF movie). This is a full season after Arise, Serpentor, Arise. At that time, Hasbro decided to go in a different direction with the whole line and thus dropped Sunbow for the cartoon. The new company, that's DIC, did the Operation Dragonfire miniseries as well as two subsequent seasons (though their second was short). These are the shows that so many fans hate, though they're really no more silly than the Sunbow ones (animation quality did suffer a bit though). It is unclear whether or not Rhino has the rights to release any of the DIC shows or not. I would imagine not though since DIC still produces other shows I believe (as opposed to poor Sunbow, a practically defunct company). They may choose to release the discs on their own. But the full Sunbow run should definiteley come to DVD soon. The first discs performed rather well, and I assume they'll follow suit as they did with the Transformers discs. I'm looking forward to them.

I'll clarify that, NightCreeper.  G.I. Joe, the original animated series was produced by Marvel and Sunbow from 1982 until about 1988.  The last G.I. Joe thing that Sunbow did was G.I. Joe The Movie (which would have had theatrical release if not for the backlash of the TF movie).  This is a full season after Arise, Serpentor, Arise.  At that time, Hasbro decided to go in a different direction with the whole line and thus dropped Sunbow for the cartoon.  The new company, that's DIC, did the Operation Dragonfire miniseries as well as two subsequent seasons (though their second was short).  These are the shows that so many fans hate, though they're really no more silly than the Sunbow ones (animation quality did suffer a bit though).  It is unclear whether or not Rhino has the rights to release any of the DIC shows or not.  I would imagine not though since DIC still produces other shows I believe (as opposed to poor Sunbow, a practically defunct company).  They may choose to release the discs on their own.  But the full Sunbow run should definiteley come to DVD soon.  The first discs performed rather well, and I assume they'll follow suit as they did with the Transformers discs.  I'm looking forward to them.

Thanks for clarifying that Brian :D

THANK YOU ADMIRAL HUNTER AND SKARAPZ :)- :)- :)-

I'll clarify that, NightCreeper. G.I. Joe, the original animated series was produced by Marvel and Sunbow from 1982 until about 1988. The last G.I. Joe thing that Sunbow did was G.I. Joe The Movie (which would have had theatrical release if not for the backlash of the TF movie). This is a full season after Arise, Serpentor, Arise. At that time, Hasbro decided to go in a different direction with the whole line and thus dropped Sunbow for the cartoon. The new company, that's DIC, did the Operation Dragonfire miniseries as well as two subsequent seasons (though their second was short). These are the shows that so many fans hate, though they're really no more silly than the Sunbow ones (animation quality did suffer a bit though). It is unclear whether or not Rhino has the rights to release any of the DIC shows or not. I would imagine not though since DIC still produces other shows I believe (as opposed to poor Sunbow, a practically defunct company). They may choose to release the discs on their own. But the full Sunbow run should definiteley come to DVD soon. The first discs performed rather well, and I assume they'll follow suit as they did with the Transformers discs. I'm looking forward to them.

Would you happen to know of any place where I can get the DIC series? I know it wasn't as entertaining to some, but it still was G.I.Joe (like JvC is to RAH!)

I already have all the Sunbow on tape (including the DIC Operation: Dragonfire), but can't seem to find the DIC series anywhere...

-Kevin

Would you happen to know of any place where I can get the DIC series?  I know it wasn't as entertaining to some, but it still was G.I.Joe (like JvC is to RAH!)

I already have all the Sunbow on tape (including the DIC Operation: Dragonfire), but can't seem to find the DIC series anywhere...

-Kevin

I have seen a few random episodes fo the DIC shows floating around. As far as I know, the entire series has never been released. Your best bet, as with everything these days, is Ebay. Someone might have copies for sale. Hopefully, they will get around to getting them out on DVD.

Personally, I never hated the DIC shows at all. I think that people were upset because they were focusing on new characters, but that was the edict from Hasbro at the time. Also, it was much better than the mistake that would hav ebeen made by killing off Duke (in The Movie). I've heard this was a major point of contention between Hasbro and Sunbow. The DIC shows were decent and in my opinion have an undeserved reputation for being of poor quality.

Finally some good news about getting GI Joe on season DVD sets!YESSSSS I am definitely picking them up for sure!But I'm assuming that it'll be tough perhaps to get the DIC episodes on DVD season sets perhaps?I've never really recall seeing any except for a few times when they were on the USA channel long ago as part of their line-up (reruns of course)...but this shows some hope!

Would you happen to know of any place where I can get the DIC series?  I know it wasn't as entertaining to some, but it still was G.I.Joe (like JvC is to RAH!)

-Kevin

I have seen a few random episodes fo the DIC shows floating around. As far as I know, the entire series has never been released. Your best bet, as with everything these days, is Ebay. Someone might have copies for sale. Hopefully, they will get around to getting them out on DVD.

Personally, I never hated the DIC shows at all. I think that people were upset because they were focusing on new characters, but that was the edict from Hasbro at the time. Also, it was much better than the mistake that would hav ebeen made by killing off Duke (in The Movie). I've heard this was a major point of contention between Hasbro and Sunbow. The DIC shows were decent and in my opinion have an undeserved reputation for being of poor quality.

Well, my biggest problem was no Python Patrol in anywhere except for Operation: Dragonfire. Not to mention I only saw the DEF version once... And I haven't even seen any of the other stuff save Eco-Warriors. I really liked the Eco-warriors cartoon versions, because Cesspool ROCKED as a villian!