GvC figures

CLAM

you know what.. some of the new figures are pretty dang sweet. This is seriously making me consider collecting GvC figures as well.. but not the vehicles cause they still suck ass!

the problem is, I couldn't just collect them from now on, could I? nope. I would need to get almost all of them from wave2 forward. hmmmm.

and I still would not mix them with the REAL Gijoe toys, RAH.

I just think they are getting alot better, and I don't want to feel like I missed out on them when they finally get it right..... I won't have the other figures in the same style.

So far I only have 3 packs. I'll look into it and see how much it would cost me to grab the rest of the good ones. :lol:

... d'ja bump your head on something, dude? @*- nah, j/k. well, i've been a fan of gvc from the start (yes, i'm even one of those few people in the world that liked wave 1). it's come a long way since, and i don't know what to make of it. the new stuff is really exceeding my expectations, and i'm not used to that. to be honest, for some time after wave 2 i wasn't very optimistic for the future of g.i. joe, or at least the longevity of gvc. so, i made the most of what they gave us, and enjoyed it for what it was 'cause i wasn't sure if we'd see much more.

and now, with current wave 6 and the soon to come wave 7, and all the pics of wave 8 and the other stuff coming out in the near future, i finally feel like i don't have to hold my breath anymore and that gvc will be around for a while. sure, it may not see the success that rah did, but i'm content with what i've got now. and even if the line ceased after wave 8 or so, i'd still be pretty happy with most of the classic character updates, a few new ones, and new cobra troops too.

'sides, guess they must be doin' something good if ol' clam is considering collecting gvc. :wink: and by the way, i'll agree that the vehicles do suck some major ass. i kinda like a few, but even those few aren't close to as good as they should be, just like some newer gear to go with the newer forces... oh, and with the exception of the nac also, that thing's awesome. 8)

diesel

well, I only like about 5% of the figures they have released so far.. but I like some of the ones that were shown at the convention alot, like Heavy Water, that guy is way cool.. and I think that some of their ideas for future figures are cool too. Like the redone Vipers and stuff..

however, I wouldn't want to just grab the ones I like and have about 5 figures with no collection to go with them. I am kinda a completist.. so I would prefer to have all the decent GvC figures to go with the ones that I like. but I would still consider them another collection, not part of my joe collection. they would be in the same category as my Marvel legends and heman toys (my secondary collections)..

but I probably won't do it anyways.. this must all be part of my convention fever. this urge will pass and I will once again realize that RAH is the only way to go

The rate at which they are redoing so many of the characters, or at least variations thereof, I think you'll be cool if you pick it up starting with say Wave 7 or whatever.

From what everyone's been saying, the best figures are yet to come, and while I certainly do hope so, it works in your favor. Of course, IMO many of the older waves aren't worth buying, and considerably less so if you can't/won't/don't customize a little bit.

The wave 6 figures work well with the Real American Hero line. I mix them in my dioramas.

I like so far from wave 1

Scarlet (wave 2)

Duke (wave 4)

Stalker (wave 3)

Snake Eyes (black (wave 3)

Nunchuck (wave 2)

Wild Bill (wave 4)

Dusty (wave 3)

Cross Hair (wave 5)

Dart (wave 4)

Recondo (wave 5)

Roadblock (wave 5)

Scalpel (wave 5)

Black Out (wave 5)

Ripper (wave 4 and 5)

Burnout (Wave 5)

By and large, I dislike the G.I.Joe versus Cobra line vehicles - with a strong loathing.

The figures I mentioned however have good paint schemes, great sculpts and blend in seamlessly with their Real American Hero counterparts.

When I do dioramas, I don't worry if the same G.I.Joe character is in the same scene twice, as long as it's not the same figure. For example, I have five Shipwrecks (1985) on my U.S.S. Flagg. One has Polly and all of his accessories and is Shipwreck. The others are just sailors. For another example, I use each version of Roadblock (except Star Brigade - icky) on my G.I.Joe HQ because I like him as a defensive machine gunner - not sure why - but I don't worry about it. They are different figures. Cobra Army building is an entirely different manner.

Another thing...the only thing I've liked about Devil's Due so far has been their inclusion of Zanya and their expansion of the Dreadnoks as a Bikergang. My JVC Rippers are just new Dreadnoks. The repaint of JvC Ripper looks different enough to be an entirely different character. So my Dreadnoks are Torch (1985), Ripper (1985), Buzzer (1985), Monkywrench (1986), Zanzibar (1987), Gnawgahyde (1989), Thrasher and his Thundermachine (1986), Road Pig (1988), Zartan (1984), Zandar (1986), Zarana (1986), Zartan Ninja Force (1993), Ripper (2003) and Ripper (2003).

I didn't get JvC until Wave 4, and that was only for the Duke and Ripper figures (this pairing was cool as I wanted both figures). I also got the 2x IG and Crosshairs pack. Alot of Wave 4 and below just wasn't worth the money; big feet, big hands... etc. You know the drill.

The Wave 4 Duke/Ripper is till the best figures I've gotten to date, especially playability-wise. You see, JvC figures are mostly designed for "posing". Not actual playing.

Now, I'm not trying to rip on JvC, but that's just the way I see it. Figures can't hold their weapons because they have these ##$%$#ed misshapened claws for hands (Crosshairs, IG) .... the weird arm designs like CLAWS Commander.... arms can't rest at their sides, which makes it harder to put their arms in various poses and the tighter RAH vehicles. I won't get into the accessories... :x

So if you like to just display your figures, go for it. Otherwise, I'd stick with RAH repaints. But if you already have all of RAH, I can understand you wanting to collect something new.

I have every JvC figure out except for the scarlett/stormy and dart/mindbender 2 packs. I am one of those guys that mix my RAH and my JvC....then again i just display my joes. But they are living together in harmony. I just recently started putting up RAH versions like shipwreck displayed next to the JvC counterparts. I haven't done that with all of them but i will eventually.

yeah man the JvC vehicles suck really hard........but the next year looks promising in many ways. The new figures look unbelievably cool so I can't wait. :D:D:D

:o

I like both jvc and rah and mixed em for awhile but honestly don't mix it all. One group is too short with big heads, the other is inconsitant many with retared hands and huge shoulders.

To me i saw faults in both and with gvc becouse it can improve and rah really can't. IT's older and it's very set.

Now jvc is getting propartions (starting in wave 8) better than rah! While some of the best figuers ever for a joe, most actuatly, are still rah, that's changing. The cc's in gvc beat the old ones, the ripper beats the old one, so do all the girls.

Every time we complain it takes awhile, but hasbro seems to try and fix it. They actuatly seem to be listening to us. We got 0-rings, standard bodies, better designs, and even army builder 2-packs.

They are pleasing both sides too! I'd actuatly gvc fans got the least bet of good news but all was good!

But i have no love for the 12" stuff, none, not at all.

I'm like most of you guys; I've had my complaints, but I've pretty much liked GvsC from day one. I've by no means like everything about it, but I've always seen crappy stuff in both GvsC AND RAH. And it seems to improve with every wave. Now I do still hate most of the vehicles, but I like the GvsC Cobra cycle for a Dreanok cycle, although I don't own one :roll: :lol:, and I LOVE my desert camo NAC. That's just a sweet, sweet chopper IMO. And I think the Patriot Grizzly will be very cool. (BTW, why didn't they just call it just the Patriot or just the Grizzly? They couldn't decide so they put both names together?? "Hey! let's just call it the Patriot Grizzly?!" :roll: ) And I do like the H.I.S.S. IV and the Brawler, but that's about it.

But even if I am getting excited about new GvsC stuff, I still get even more excited about RAH re-issues like the B.A.T.s army-builder set and the Python Patrol set; not to mention the new awesome Night Force that's coming up!

:o

Oh my! lol must of been Snacks great points that won you over huh Clam? :wink:

Draven

I think you got the wrong Admiral there! I am no Snackbar! I am a RAH lover! But also a JvC fan. :)

I have yet to mix any of my RAH with my JvC, because I ain't opened any of my JvC yet. Of course I can use some of the JvC stuff (Vipers) for me terrordrome and what not.

But now that we're being honest... I really like a few of my JvC figures. I don't have them here with me to examine them personally, since my entire closet is full at the moment of packages. I'll make sure to make some stuff up to share later. Time for me to get back to writing my three outlines for my test tomorrow.

-Kevin

I know that JvC is different in size from RAH but I still have them together. Its just a thing of mine. Maybe when JvC gets larger down the line i will seperate them. I still have more RAH then JvC so it balances everything out.

But i have no love for the 12" stuff, none, not at all

Yeah me too I can't stand the 12" Joes it just doesn't look right IMO. GI Joe needs to stay the 3 3/4 inch size. Except for the classic Joe line thats all that should be 12".

well, 12" figures don't suck, it's just that 12" g.i. joe figures suck. major. hasbro just isn't on the level with their 12" figures, not just gvc, but their other 12" lines as well. until they're on the same level as bbi, dragon, and the other competitors, they're just not really worth getting. those of you that know about bbi and dragon might know what i'm talking about.

diesel

you know what.. some of the new figures are pretty dang sweet. This is seriously making me consider collecting GvC figures as well.. but not the vehicles cause they still suck ass!

the problem is, I couldn't just collect them from now on, could I? nope. I would need to get almost all of them from wave2 forward. hmmmm.

and I still would not mix them with the REAL Gijoe toys, RAH.

I just think they are getting alot better, and I don't want to feel like I missed out on them when they finally get it right..... I won't have the other figures in the same style.

So far I only have 3 packs. I'll look into it and see how much it would cost me to grab the rest of the good ones. :lol:

Im tellin ya man...you better get on it NOW, because sooner or later you will want all the previous ones and it will be too late.

I passed on wave 1.5 forever now I love it and I almost missed my chance! Im glad I realized early that I need to start getting it all.