Fan's Choice McQuarrie Stormtrooper

Bespin refugee

From Rebelcum.com, here's your first look at the finished "Fan's Choice McQuarrie Stomtrooper". (from an advance copy of the newest Insider)

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=h...s2/McStorm1.jpg

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=h...s2/McStorm2.jpg

Here is the concept art it's based on:

http://www.ralphmcquarrie.com/swart/paint/10.html

I can believe it won out over 2 of the other 4 choices, Nym & the Rebel Soldier in Scout Trooper disguise. General Reikaan (damn, never can remember how to spell that) would've been nice. And rumor is that the Imp Dignitary just might be on the way to the second power next year.

Let's see, who else lost in previous fan polls...

Even Piell & Yarael Poof (both being made)

Amanaman (lost the first one, won the second one)

Teemto's been made.

And I can't remember who else was on the previous polls. So just because they lost, don't count them out just yet. :wink:

I like the idea of 'concept' figs, but, i kinda wish they had started with one a little more different than it's on-screen counterpart (ie: Vader, Han, Luke, etc...)

I was thrilled the stormtrooper won (it got my vote! :D ) But what Im not thrilled about is these pics. Its not lookin so good. I rarely consider myself a person with any right to complain about figs, but what I'm seein sure isn't doin this idea justice, so Im a bit disapointed.

• 4 months later...
Is this already out?  Or maybe a better question would be, do I have a chance of ever finding this figure? 

I haven't seen it myself, but, I've seen reports on other sites of that asst. showing up...

Galactic Hunter store reports show that asst at a La Mesa, Ca. TRU and a Burbank Target.

this Jedi Defender report gives case descriptions and breakdown

The Asst seems to be:

Wave 15

Ayy Vida [Outlander Nightclub Patron]

Bail Organa [Alderaan Senator]

Elan Sleazebaggano [Outlander Nightclub Patron]

Imperial Dignitary (Janus Greejatus)

McQuarrie Concept Stormtrooper - Fan's Choice #4 (2 per cse?)

Obi-Wan Kenobi [Outlander Nightclub Patron]

Padme Amidala [Lars' Homestead]

just to let y'all know in case there are any east coasters here, the mcquarrie fig is out here as well and the wal-mart near me had a few, so i imagine they ar 2 to a case

• 2 weeks later...

I saw ONE at Wal-Mart on Black Friday and I picked him up,he looks pretty cool and I like the Expanded Universe stuff.I'm looking to get some of the Clone Wars stuff but its tough with all the new GI Joe stuff that's coming out within the next couple of weeks.

He might be ONE per case,because it looked like Wal-Mart had put a fresh new case out of the new SW stuff and they had 2 of each figure pack except for the McQuarrie Stormtrooper.Unless someone picked up one right before I did,I only saw one and nabbed him right away.

He might be ONE per case,because it looked like Wal-Mart had put a fresh new case out of the new SW stuff and they had 2 of each figure pack except for the McQuarrie Stormtrooper.Unless someone picked up one right before I did,I only saw one and nabbed him right away.

Actually, there's 2 different case assortments with the Concept Stormie right now. One of them is 2 each of the Stormtrooper, Imp Dignitary, Bail Organa & Padme and 1 each of the Outlander batch (Ayy Vida, Obi-Wan & Elan) & either the Yoda/Chian or Ashla/Jempa 2-pack (I'm pretty sure it's the Yoda one).

Then there's the batch that showed up at the local Wal-Mart last week. I've actually got the case # for this one...

84861AOOL

2 each of the Outlander batch & 1 each of the other 4 from the list as well as one each of those 2-packs.