Hasbro Roundtable Discussion Report by skarapz

8speed

i only wish these army builder packs were gonna be released in stores, but they are only for online purchase, right?

the cobra soldier will be TRU exclusive

holy crap that's great news!!!! :)- :)- hey, is the crimson guard in the middle a spy troop or a real crimson guard? and if he is a spy troop will we be getting regular crimson guards?

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i only wish these army builder packs were gonna be released in stores, but they are only for online purchase, right?

holy crap that's great news!!!! :)- :)- hey, is the crimson guard in the middle a spy troop or a real crimson guard? and if he is a spy troop will we be getting regular crimson guards?

No the middle guy is GUNG HO, then the one on the left is DUKE (i believe) and then snake eyes, and will we get regular crimson guard, my opinion hell yeah lol, but i'll be asking that question at the 10 am roundtable for today.

No the middle guy is GUNG HO, then the one on the left is DUKE (i believe) and then snake eyes, and will we get regular crimson guard, my opinion hell yeah lol, but i'll be asking that question at the 10 am roundtable for today.

thanks for the info!! dude you are doing such a great job representing us up there, thanks alot!! :wink:

thanks for the info!! dude you are doing such a great job representing us up there, thanks alot!!  :wink:

np man, its a blast, :)- , u just better be at next years convention man, and so does a lot of other people off these boards, i mean chilling with everyone makes it worth going

thanks for the info!! dude you are doing such a great job representing us up there, thanks alot!!  :wink:

np man, its a blast, :)- , u just better be at next years convention man, and so does a lot of other people off these boards, i mean chilling with everyone makes it worth going

man i'm so gonna try!! it's finaly down south and it's probably gonna be the closest to me than it ever will be again. me Lion-hoe both live in houston so maybe we can ride out together and Doc Evil stays in texas so we can probably meet up with him on the way! :)-

Night Force and the Cobra Infrantry 6-pack are TRU Exclusives, while the CG 3-pack is an Market 6 exclusive (drug stores and Internet Exclusive).

but you know what's funny, me and a couple of others have always said why they couldn't simply recreate those molds; but someone always argued that it wasn't that easy and virtualy impossiable to do  8)  but hell, those bodies are so close to the original molds it's almost scary!

No one said it was physically impossible to recreate the molds, just expensive and something Hasbro isn't likely to do. At least, that's what I said.

With money, and the will to spend it, almost anything is possible. If Hasbro thinks it's a good investment, they'll do it.

Army builder figures are obvious. The mold will get used over and over in the same pack. Look at the Cobra Infantry pack, the soldiers and officers look to share everything: the head, arms, legs, waist... with the only difference being the chest pieces and different colored boots (and possibly the straps on the chest). The CG pack is getting the ST thing now, and a true army builder 6-pack with the CG mold fully intact is all but likely.

I doubt this will happen to any unique figures though. So I wouldn't bank on SE v2 or anything. SS v1 could work as they would just reuse it to make Red Ninjas

I doubt this will happen to any unique figures though. So I wouldn't bank on SE v2 or anything. SS v1 could work as they would just reuse it to make Red Ninjas

dude, this is good enough for me for awhile. :D this is the first real evidence i've seen that hasbro is trying to please the older generations and collectors. they actualy created molds, which took some effort to get them to look so close like RAH molds. for a change they just didn't pull out some old mold they used 50 times and say "here you go fans" instead they actualy put some time, effort, and money into these guys. now it's our responsiability to make sure hasbro doesn't regret this and buy as many as possiable, who's with me? :)-

Hearing your reports makes me want to go to the next con! :D

dude, this is good enough for me for awhile. :D this is the first real evidence i've seen that hasbro is trying to please the older generations and collectors. they actualy created molds, which took some effort to get them to look so close like RAH molds. for a change they just didn't pull out some old mold they used 50 times and say "here you go fans" instead they actualy put some time, effort, and money into these guys. now it's our responsiability to make sure hasbro doesn't regret this and buy as many as possiable, who's with me? :)-

I don't think the CG pack will be that hard a sell. Personally, I would have dumped the ST theme bullsh!t and just released a full-on CG with the Crimson Twins (or CGI or Baroness) 6-pack.

I don't think the CG pack will be that hard a sell. Personally, I would have dumped the ST theme bullsh!t and just released a full-on CG with the Crimson Twins (or CGI or Baroness) 6-pack.

Isn't spy troops for the kids? This obvouisly souly aimed at the adults. I mean who is gonna go online and buy rah style?

They should have left it off. I have to admit I'm very jealous of the rah only fans. They are getting officers and cgs! Meanwhile i can't afford to collect both and go for the new with cgs (even the 12 " fans get em!)

This is just nit-picking, I'm sure, but didn't Scarface have red hair? I mean, if Hasbro going all out to give a figure the extra paint app for a scar, I hope they look at the old comic and get the hair color right. But, I can't b!tch too much. It looks like its going to be an excellent year, culminating with the next con being in my hometown. Yay!

Recall a previous convention discussion, where fans told Hasbro they only collected unique figures. I.E. one of each. Hasbro has been working with figure variations in army-builder packs and for this reason it's unlikely that we'll see several identical figures packed together in one set.

Example: BAT pack, Cobra Infantry and also the CG pack. They all have some variation to the mold in the set.

This way Hasbro can market the product to army-builders and completists alike. Those that want a lot of CG's will leave the helmets on. Others who want individual figures, have them. It's unlikely that Hasbro will release regular CG's in a multi-pack without some variance in uniform or color.

It's also not a terrible idea for a set, when you disregard army-building. Fully disguised Joes in a perfect replica of the standard CG uniform would easily be able to infiltrate and get close to the Commander. A lot of play options here.

i know what you mean but i gotta admit, this is the best use of the spy troop theme so far. when i was a kid i use to unscrew my CGs and put joes heads in them and pretend they were indisguise but now atleast i can have a helmet to realy pull it off. this is how the ST should have been handled in the begining instead of all that snap on crap. the only thing that would have made this better if they already released CGs to go with these figures. atleast though they look close to RAH CGs and you can combine the to if you play with them. :D

This mornings roundtable discussion consisted of:

1. They changed the Viper/Alley Viper pictures from what we saw yesterday. The blue one is the Alley Viper, and the Red-ish one is the Viper.

2. Hasbro Canada is in charge of releasing stuff there. It's not DDP or anything. Canada fans have to give a lot of ground support/swell to get the figures there.

3. Uniforms hands were brought up, and they are going to start doing it more. Wave 8 or 9 should be more uniform hands with the C-grip.

4. All repaints from now on will have their own mission and story from now on. They won't be like the repainted Wave 1. It'll be more like a Tiger Force, and Python Patrol...

Thanks SKARAPZ for this one as I was too tired, and slept 'til 11 anyways! (Now it's time to pack up and check out).

-Kevin

Happy little update from SKARAPZ forgetting to tell me something!!!

The Battle Points offer will be... (Dramatic pause)

Faces head, on a Crimson Guard body with helmet. This way you can get yourself a Crimson Guard, or a Spy Troop! :)

The comment on the Flagg points is to save them! They might be a ten flagg points for one battle point ratio, but if we can use 'em, I'm happy!!!

-Kevin

Well, asked SKARAPZ about the Tonka BTR and he says loudly, AGAIN, "Oh yeah!"...

Not G.I.Joe articulation. Non-O-ring. 5 point articulation (head, two shoulders, two legs). They are 3 3/4" though...

Now all I gotta do is see if he forgot to ask anything else!!!

Faces head, on a Crimson Guard body with helmet.  This way you can get yourself a Crimson Guard, or a Spy Troop!  :)

-Kevin

Is this a JvC crimson Guard with Faces head? or just the other Crimson guards we saw?

Also any word of how many battle points are needed to get this figure?

Is this a JvC crimson Guard with Faces head? or just the other Crimson guards we saw?

It's the new mold, a retooled RAH style Crimson Guard. The same as the three pack we saw, except with a larger silver symbol. The head is the JvC Faces...

-Kevin

And SKARAPZ is getting mad cause I slept through this and he's telling me it all... I vote we all say "Thanks Admiral Hunter" and "Boo SKARAPZ!!"

Faces head, on a Crimson Guard body with helmet.  This way you can get yourself a Crimson Guard, or a Spy Troop!  :)

-Kevin

Please let it be a new sculpt one for gvc! PLEASE OH PLEASE! and in a future wave they can release plain cgs with out removable helms, and intell then i can get two of those to be my crimson gaurds.

It would definatly be nice to the battle point price.

We aren't gonna have to send receipts to are we??? we better not have to.

-Kevin

And SKARAPZ is getting mad cause I slept through this and he's telling me it all... I vote we all say "Thanks Admiral Hunter" and "Boo SKARAPZ!!"

Man i was hoping it would be a JvC crimson guard,

Could you ask them today how man battle point would be needed to get thsi figure?

Also THANKS ADMIRAL HUNTER! :)-

BOO SKARAPZ :wink:

Thanks Skarapz :)-

Recall a previous convention discussion, where fans told Hasbro they only collected unique figures. I.E. one of each. Hasbro has been working with figure variations in army-builder packs and for this reason it's unlikely that we'll see several identical figures packed together in one set.  

Example: BAT pack, Cobra Infantry and also the CG pack. They all have some variation to the mold in the set.

This way Hasbro can market the product to army-builders and completists alike. Those that want a lot of CG's will leave the helmets on. Others who want individual figures, have them. It's unlikely that Hasbro will release regular CG's in a multi-pack without some variance in uniform or color.

It's also not a terrible idea for a set, when you disregard army-building. Fully disguised Joes in a perfect replica of the standard CG uniform would easily be able to infiltrate and get close to the Commander. A lot of play options here.

I'm well aware of the need to have variety the army builder (and the theme packs) sets. I think a Tomax/Xamot with 4x CG is enough of a variety, but we could go on and on about the possible combinations of the Twins or Baroness with CGI and CG.

Crimson Twins

1x CGI

3x CG

Crimson Twins

2x CGI

2x CG

Baroness

2x CGI

3x CG

Baroness

1x CGI

4x CG

Switch and swap, mix and match any of the above or add your own. It's hardly rocket science. Hopefully, it'll come out by Fall 2004.

the only thing that would have made this better if they already released CGs to go with these figures.

Like I said, it's a marketing ploy. Alot of people will buy alot of these. Hasbro will make tons of cash. Then, months later, or about a year or so, you'll probably see a true Crimson Guard set. Hasbro will make even more cash.

2. Hasbro Canada is in charge of releasing stuff there. It's not DDP or anything. Canada fans have to give a lot of ground support/swell to get the figures there.

Yea, this is the frustrating part.............there's next to no product being sold up here, so there's next to nothing to buy..........so there's next to no

groundswell/support because of the vicious circle.

Wave 5 is GONE( that appeared at Walmarts--total sell out. Wave 1 is what stores like TRU have left........and those are peg-wamers in the worst way.

They put it on the shelves here and I'm gonna be buying it........somehow, someway.

In fact, soon as I can, I'm gonna double and triple up on stuff like HISS4's and Sand Razors...........just because.

I WANT GIJOE IN CANADA!!!

--Ken