Hasbro Roundtable Discussion Report by skarapz

8speed

Also could ya ask Hasbro if those are the offical heads of the CObra Troops, if they are tell them they are horrible and to make New ones or use the original, and tell them NC said so :wink:

If you can ask them this, i would really appreciate it, let us know :D

Thanks Admiral :)-

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

are the cobra troop heads mockups? and did hasbro mention what the ratio will be between troops and officers, and when and where they will be available from?

thanks admiral :D

The heads are the actual heads, and one of the Officers is Scarface for those who remember him (he's leading the pack). The scarf/mask is going to be in the good ol' black and red colors of course to demostrate the difference between officer and soldie. As well as the red the Officers are being denoted by. My question with that is what's the racial ratio of the officers. The four shown appear to have one African-American, Scarface, one Caucasian, and one more that could pass for Latino, African-American, or Caucasian.

-Kevin

P.S.- This wasn't discussed at the round table, SKARAPZ and I learned this from talking to one of the Hasbro Employees. And remember, this can always change!

Frankensteing for new vehicles!!!! Please bring this up if at all possible (is there stuff tommarrow too?)

Anyways with a new more standard body they could swap easier and use new heads or at least differently painted heads.

Any news on the wave the vipers and alley vipers will be out in? I'm guessing wave 9 but wanted to know if you knew something official.

Any plans to finish the dreadnoks?

Can the btr arm lego part come off? if not can they start making them so they can?

Are the tonka btr figs joe style?

Thanx man, i know i should have asked these earlier but it's all rushing through my brain now!

-Kevin

P.S.- This wasn't discussed at the round table, SKARAPZ and I learned this from talking to one of the Hasbro Employees. And remember, this can always change!

I hope those head molds change, IMO they are the ugliest thing ever :)-

THats really not much better. You can hardly even tell he HAS scars

Besides, I already have those shots. And if they were sufficient I wouldnt have asked.

yeah those pics do suck :lol: , but you can tell from the pics there is definetly a scar on his face

Sorry for the tone there NC. My bad

On second thought, a close up on all the face variants would be nice. Just for reference

The black Cobras remind me of the earliest 12" black figures, who were simply white guy heads with African-American skin tone.

I may name one of the black soldiers Cpl Claymore from the episodes where Dusty went traitor. Hell, its been 15 years, Ill make him an officer.

Speaking of officers, didnt only the original Cobra Officers have the V on the helmet? No big deal I suppose. You could always leave the soldiers Vs unpainted or maybe black and paint the Officers' silver. Eh, whatever

I still want to see these re-painted in the new Python Patrol colors. Pack an officer and a few soldiers with a HISS I or II

Scarface from the comic has a scar on each eye. So far we can only see the right eye scarred.

I still think those heads are way off. Awesome idea botched by poor sculpting. Also, if possible, I'd like to know if the colors will stay the same. The red hue for the scarfs is too bright, as is the blue for the helmet. The helmets should match the body.

Check this out:

http://www.joesightings.com/ubbcgi/ultimat...ic;f=3;t=000415

Very detailed report, with a lot of interesting stuff!!!

The stuff about the sculpts having a new "standard" to work from is very welcome news indeed. No more "midget" Roadblocks, hopefully!!

One additional question: I would like to know what is the process used in determining whether the skin areas of a figure get molded in flesh-colored plastic VS. painting it on. This is one area of inconsistency which, if cleared up, would add some needed cohesion in the line.

About the Andrew Frankel guy . . . what is his background, etc.? And what will DDD be moving on to??

At least you can get repros of the original heads. So you arent without options in the matter.

This is true. But are they unpainted heads? 'Cause if they are, I don't really want to have to paint 15 Cobra Soldier heads just because Hasbro didn't feel like sculpting a cool new one.

It is a good option to have, though. You're right.

This is all great news to me. As much as I like the Wave 3 Snake-Eyes, it's far from perfect. So I'm glad to know Hasbro's taking another stab at characters like him, Storm Shadow, and Duke. Yay!

And for them to do a Mindbender in the labcoat is cool since I saw the 12-inch one and thought he actually looked like a scientist for a change instead of some weird Euro-glam rock star. :lol:

It seems Hasbro's finally getting on track! :D

Quoted from Joesightings:

"Last of all, the future of GI Joe in Canada is something the US team is fully pushing for. They're working very hard to get Canadian retailers more excited and they are optimistic about the future."

I weep!!!!!

These two sentences have made my year.

Thank you Hasbro.

:)- :)- :)- :)- :)-

--Ken

are the cobra troop heads mockups? and did hasbro mention what the ratio will be between troops and officers, and when and where they will be available from?

thanks admiral :D

TRU exclusives like the python patrol, not mockups those are the heads, plain and simple lol, and NC they wont change lol :)-

Frankensteing for new vehicles!!!! Please bring this up if at all possible (is there stuff tommarrow too?)

Anyways with a new more standard body they could swap easier and use new heads or at least differently painted heads.

Any news on the wave the vipers and alley vipers will be out in? I'm guessing wave 9 but wanted to know if you knew something official.

Any plans to finish the dreadnoks?

Can the btr arm lego part come off? if not can they start making them so they can?

Are the tonka btr figs joe style?

Thanx man, i know i should have asked these earlier but it's all rushing through my brain now!

they are gonna use those heads for now, but u know hasbro it could change later, well i would say wave 10 cause they had the prototypes of wave 9 i believe, but no viper alley viper, the lego part i think is built into the forarm and shins of the figure, but the vehicles look great up close. No figs of the TONKA BTR figures, i'll ask that tommorrow at the last roundtable. lol its all good ask whenever u want

I hope those head molds change, IMO they are the ugliest thing ever :)-
I still think those heads are way off. Awesome idea botched by poor sculpting. Also, if possible, I'd like to know if the colors will stay the same. The red hue for the scarfs is too bright, as is the blue for the helmet. The helmets should match the body.

when i saw the first pic of those from master collector, i too thought they looked mighty ##$%$#ed. after seeing the closer pics posted here and giving them a better look, i don't think they're really that bad. not really good, but not too bad either. i don't think the sculpt is so much the problem as it is that they totally don't go with those rah bodies. i think they'd look better on a new sculpt body.

diesel

p.s. thanks to all of you reporting from the convention. i really can't comment on it all right now 'cause my mind is so blown from all the great info. :)-

Check this out:

http://www.joesightings.com/ubbcgi/ultimat...ic;f=3;t=000415

Very detailed report, with a lot of interesting stuff!!!

Both reports were informative. Thanks guys.

Built To Rule is considered a core brand for Hasbro, and they're excited about how it's being received and how the execution ended up. They have no plans to incorporate the BTR vehicle designs into the main line, but the two divisions are always communicating and learning from each other.

I hope the communication is more BTR (teaching) to JvC (learning).

Definatly informative, i'm actuatly more intersted in a faceplateish se than the standard goggles, let's toss it up!

Wave 9 seems to be going back to the standard main guys again, hopefully duke won't be in it too. 2 chars in 2 waves in a row?

Im just amazed they actually SPENT the money for restoring the molds alone. Doubly so for the new sculpting.

At least you can get repros of the original heads. So you arent without options in the matter.

same here! i'm very very pleased with hasbro for this. but you know what's funny, me and a couple of others have always said why they couldn't simply recreate those molds; but someone always argued that it wasn't that easy and virtualy impossiable to do 8) but hell, those bodies are so close to the original molds it's almost scary!

i only wish these army builder packs were gonna be released in stores, but they are only for online purchase, right?

i only wish these army builder packs were gonna be released in stores, but they are only for online purchase, right?

the cobra soldier will be TRU exclusive, but the crimson guards that i dont know about lol it just says exclusive i believe dont remember to much info at one time