What are the battle points for?

custo

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The operative words being "At the moment"

I honestly don't think they'll require them for the beginning. I never understood why they would need a receipt anyways? Anyone wanna shed some light on this?

-Kevin

I will shed some light, think about it why a reciept when people give a lot of gifts, they dont give the actual receipt, how many receipts do most people keep, i mean honestly think about it, i am beyond sure u wont need em.

I honestly don't think they'll require them for the beginning. I never understood why they would need a receipt anyways? Anyone wanna shed some light on this?

-Kevin

I will shed some light, think about it why a reciept when people give a lot of gifts, they dont give the actual receipt, how many receipts do most people keep, i mean honestly think about it, i am beyond sure u wont need em.

Someone want me to slap him? He's sitting RIGHT NEXT TO ME! And he decided to raise his post count instead of telling me. :(

If you folks tell me to before the next three hours, I can slap him! MUAHAH!

-Kevin

-Kevin

The primary objective of the mail-ins is to get products sold during the slow toy selling times of the year. Hence, that's why you need receipts, to prove you bought so-and-so JvC toys (not RAH repaints) during a certain period of time. Offering these cool things to the fans is secondary, I think.

Who knows, maybe they won't need receipts. :-?

Someone want me to slap him?  He's sitting RIGHT NEXT TO ME!  And he decided to raise his post count instead of telling me.  :(

If you folks tell me to before the next three hours, I can slap him!  MUAHAH!

-Kevin

um i was answering your question lol why should i tell u when u are TOM's puppet boy lol @-@ @-@

-Kevin

The primary objective of the mail-ins is to get products sold during the slow toy selling times of the year. Offering these cool things to the fans is secondary, I think.

Thank you very much 8S. :) That was more along the line of answer I was looking for. When times get slow, they offer these wonderful deals. When times are good they say "It's still going on."?

-Kevin

-Kevin

The primary objective of the mail-ins is to get products sold during the slow toy selling times of the year. Offering these cool things to the fans is secondary, I think.

Thank you very much 8S. :) That was more along the line of answer I was looking for. When times get slow, they offer these wonderful deals. When times are good they say "It's still going on."?

-Kevin

These days, it might be different. Seeing as how the Waves are spread out so much. I mean, a new Wave comes out every 2-3 months or so, so it might be redundant to require receipts. Of course, they might do it anyway.

Right now, there is a kinda lull; between Wave 6 and 7. I don't know... :-?

Also, the thing about letting people use the stockpiles of Battle Points since the beginning is, is that there'd be lots of people bascially getting a free product (you'll likely have to pay shipping and handling), and say someone has a 1000 points, and each figure is 50 points.... multiplied by the many fans... that's alot almost free figures to be handing out. They're not exactly cost-free to make, despite the fact they'll likely be repaints and Franken-Joes. But if they were to do it in times of slow toy-buying periods, it'll at least boost sales and retailers will have to order more, and Hasbro can more money restocking the retailers.... then we can buy more JvC products to get the mail-in... then retailers will need to restock again....

Well, you get the idea. :wink:

-Kevin

You may well be right. But they are definately covering their ass in case they choose to renege on it.

And the last Star Wars mail-away offer and the Total Justice 2-pack offer both required receipts. Cool Tools may have done it as well. So there is a basis in fact about the possibility.

i think almost EVERYONE would be screwed if they requred reciepts because most ppl have battle points from over a year ago--i havent kept many receipts from a year ago if any...

i think almost EVERYONE would be screwed if they requred reciepts because most ppl have battle points from over a year ago--i havent kept many receipts from a year ago if any...

agreed, very much agreed

It's just about buying stuff at certain times. The receipt must be dated between a certain time, they don't care that you bought it from TRU or Walmart or whatever.

Just to clarify, let's say the offer is for between 7/1/03 - 9/30/03 ..... in this case.... even if you had the receipts from a year ago, it wouldn't matter, as they would want a receipt dated for those inbetween dates (7/1/03 - 9/30/03 ).

That would be my guess anyway.... if they took any Battle Points with any receipt with any date on it, it would kinda defeat the purpose of trying to get more products sold during these offers.

We'll know soon enough.

am here to save you all!  I will pay a penny a piece for battle points or old Flag points!  Any takers?

yes 1 million pennies for one flag point, pay that and they are yours

You know, it is possible for Hasbro to distinguish and date battle points. Like, they can say that they'll only accept battle points from Wave 4 toys and up (for example)... and if you send in wave 2 battle points they'll be able to tell by scanning the UPCs.

Of course, that would most likely give way to whiny kids and fans trying to pass off wave 2 BPs for valid ones... resulting in a big mess. ;) But still, just trying to say that there is a way for Hasbro to date battle points without going so far as to require reciepts. The battle points themselves are supposed to act as reciepts. :P

Seriously...how many people have their reciepts from buying wave 2? I don't have mine from buying the PP sets leta lone something that came out a year ago.

actually i have most of mine, i keep all my receipts and put them in a fire box for insurance purposes

The battle points themselves are supposed to act as reciepts. :P

I agree! Why even make battle points if you are going to require a receipt?!? If that's the case, they should save on the printing costs of making battle points and just require the UPC and the receipt.

I was under the impression they wouldn't need to require receipts.

Plus why would they? the upc is in plastic this time not just on the back of the cardboard, making it harder to rip off.

I was under the impression they wouldn't need to require receipts.

Plus why would they? the upc is in plastic this time not just on the back of the cardboard, making it harder to rip off.

To further promote the sale of more JvC products. You think the Fan Club and these mail-ins are solely for the purpose of thanking fans and customers? :lol: