What are the battle points for?

custo

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Supposedly Hasbro's going to offer something nifty for them down the line. EagleEyeJoe, a poster at another message board who is basically the All-Knowing Sage of Joe Things to Come, says that it'll definately be worth it. So the rest of us can assume that it'll be good, when it finally becomes available. :P

It couldn't hurt to keep them stored away someplace, anyhow. 8)

Supposedly Hasbro's going to offer something nifty for them down the line.  EagleEyeJoe, a poster at another message board who is basically the All-Knowing Sage of Joe Things to Come,

'Same guy who said the Skysweeper would come with a new Ace figure? Or that wvae 8 of JvC would have a new crotch design? That All knowing sage? :lol:

Tom

'Same guy who said the Skysweeper would come with a new Ace figure? Or that wvae 8 of JvC would have a new crotch design? That All knowing sage? :lol:  

Tom

...ouch!! :o :oops:

I'm sure the topic question will get asked at the Joe Con, so we can wait till then for an official answer.

But something tells me we probably won't be seeing anything for a whiles (just the pessimist in me). It was speculated that at year's end we might see something, but personally, I'm doubtful. And even if it does happen, it would probably require receipt of some kind. So it's possible that collecting all the points now would be... pointless ( :D ).

But still, I'd keep them all just to be safe. Better safe than sorry.

Also, I'm sure everyone is so glad they joined the official Joe club in the hopes of being the first to start ordering stuff. :lol:

Also, I'm sure everyone is so glad they joined the official Joe club in the hopes of being the first to start ordering stuff. :lol:

it was a mighty resourceful club. :roll:

why don't they just advertise the introductory set for $15.

I think of battle points like status symbols.

it kind of shows how much of a true joe fan you are.

like with credit cards some people have a gold card.

some people have platinum.

here is how the point system breaks down:

1-20 points- Gi Joe Loud Mouth Poser Fan. you are one of those oldy moldy joe fans who complains about everything that hasbro does and probably just bought the black snake eyes that came out last year and maybe a few troops now and then. You probably rule most of the joe forums with the most post counts and jump on the newbies. You tend to remind most people of their grandpa's who would talk about the "good old days" when there was this majical perfect toy line called rah, and how "they just don't make toys like they used to."

20-100 points- Recent Converts. You maybe started out beliving those loud mouth poser fans, and steered clear of the Joes vs. Cobras. But you are not the kind to hold a grudge. So your curiosity got the better of you and finally went to check out the some of the amazing joes and they are winning you over with their sound attack charm. When the discussions on the forums come, you're torn, because you were part of the old school, yet this new toy renissance is winning you over.

100-500 points- Crimson Elite Real Fans. You know who you are, because you're actually having fun with toys, not spending all your time complainging about them. You are one of the Elite, and people respect you for that. Membership has its privledges and you can expect to enjoy only the finest women, cars, and hotels when you have upwards of 500 joe battle points to your name. I'm pushin 500 myself gentlemen, and once you get your first 100, there's nothing like it. Heck I had a lady last night that I don't think would have touched me had she not know I was at least in the 400 club.

I was putting away my packaging for my latest spy troops purchase and i just noticed that on the bar code it says: 4 battle points. What am i supposed to use these for?

these priceless jewels, coupled with the Hasbro "jedi points" are what will get you into heaven upon death, so long as you have the correct amount, where you'll always be surrounded with bronze skinned honeys that feed you fresh fruit and offer themselves unto you while you rest upon a cloud in the heavens.

1-20 points- Gi Joe Loud Mouth Poser Fan.  you are one of those oldy moldy joe fans who complains about everything that hasbro does and probably just bought the black snake eyes that came out last year and maybe a few troops now and then.  You probably rule most of the joe forums with the most post counts and jump on the newbies.  You tend to remind most people of their grandpa's who would talk about the "good old days"  when there was this majical perfect toy line called rah, and how "they just don't make toys like they used to."  

20-100 points-  Recent Converts.  You maybe started out beliving those loud mouth poser fans, and steered clear of the Joes vs. Cobras.  But you are not the kind to hold a grudge.  So your curiosity got the better of you and finally went to check out the some of the amazing joes and they are winning you over with their sound attack charm.  When the discussions on the forums come, you're torn, because you were part of the old school, yet this new toy renissance is winning you over.  

100-500 points- Crimson Elite Real Fans.  You know who you are, because you're actually having fun with toys, not spending all your time complainging about them.  You are one of the Elite, and people respect you for that.  Membership has its privledges and you can expect to enjoy only the finest women, cars, and hotels when you have upwards of 500 joe battle points to your name.  I'm pushin 500 myself gentlemen, and once you get your first 100, there's nothing like it.  Heck I had a lady last night that I don't think would have touched me had she not know I was at least in the 400 club.

uh..yeah RIGHT! Whatever you say Admiral, the rest of us will just be happy with our big penis! :roll:

I was putting away my packaging for my latest spy troops purchase and i just noticed that on the bar code it says: 4 battle points. What am i supposed to use these for?

Well back in the day you would cut these out of the packaging and send them in by mail for free toys and such. They did this alot with Star Wars toys to though with Star Wars they are called Jedi Master points.

Now days they are mostly just a carryover from the golden age of toy collecting (as some call the 80's), however from time to time rumors or word crops up that there are future plans for these things, but only time will tell if that ever really happens.

1-20 points- Gi Joe Loud Mouth Poser Fan.  you are one of those oldy moldy joe fans who complains about everything that hasbro does and probably just bought the black snake eyes that came out last year and maybe a few troops now and then.  You probably rule most of the joe forums with the most post counts and jump on the newbies.  You tend to remind most people of their grandpa's who would talk about the "good old days"  when there was this majical perfect toy line called rah, and how "they just don't make toys like they used to."  

20-100 points-  Recent Converts.  You maybe started out beliving those loud mouth poser fans, and steered clear of the Joes vs. Cobras.  But you are not the kind to hold a grudge.  So your curiosity got the better of you and finally went to check out the some of the amazing joes and they are winning you over with their sound attack charm.  When the discussions on the forums come, you're torn, because you were part of the old school, yet this new toy renissance is winning you over.  

100-500 points- Crimson Elite Real Fans.  You know who you are, because you're actually having fun with toys, not spending all your time complainging about them.  You are one of the Elite, and people respect you for that.  Membership has its privledges and you can expect to enjoy only the finest women, cars, and hotels when you have upwards of 500 joe battle points to your name.  I'm pushin 500 myself gentlemen, and once you get your first 100, there's nothing like it.  Heck I had a lady last night that I don't think would have touched me had she not know I was at least in the 400 club.

uh..yeah RIGHT! Whatever you say Admiral, the rest of us will just be happy with our big penis! :roll:

What do you mean our? Are you sharing it or something?

popworm.gif

What do you mean our? Are you sharing it or something?

popworm.gif

I couldn't very well have said..MY! :o 8) "OUR"..implies we all gots one, and he has..well, he has his 500 bogus "battle points" to claim manlyhood over! :lol:

Okay..the unecessary explaination aside, as I know you're kidding!

:P It's late and the "Goofy Bug" has bit me!

hhahahah thats funny, but the way I see it is, I am happy with BOTH: tons of points and tons of 'endowment'! lol :D

For those who haven't heard yet, the Battle Point are going to actually be used to get mail in stuff. And assuming there's no limit on it, I won't have any Battle Points left after the first set, if I can do a cheap Troop Building pack! :)

-Kevin

P.S.- They said at the moment they did not require a reciept.