ADC CUSTOM PROJECT DECIDED!

Tom-1

Hey you guuuys! :lol:

Well, after a pretty close race, the winner of the custom poll is none other than GI JOES IN A POST APOCALYPTIC WORLD! :)-

Now's the time to start deciding on a character, picking out your pieces, and getting to work! Any character is available, and don't be upset if someone wants to do Cobra Commander, and you do too. No one character will look identical, and it's always nice to see different takes on a character.

Ok, all I need to know is what time do you think should be the deadline to submit your customs? Next week? Two weeks? I know a staple to 'artistic' talent is procrastination, but we gotta do this now that we've put it together, guys. Voice it here.

Tom

Guest gunslingercbr

Two weeks sound good to me. I went to work on one PA figure and two foreign figures when the voting started, but I'm sure others need the time and the project could only benefit if nobody felt rushed. Besides, I want to do some cool filecard art for my resistance leader Duke.

well one week would be cool to see, but u could give 2 weeks, so that people can put up final touches and what not, but if u get done before then, then go ahead and post them. :)-

two weeks is cool because me and alot of other people work, not to mention i go on 24 hr call thursday all the way until next thursday. i hate my job. :evil: and unlike alot of ya'll i have to go buy some paint. :)-

BTW, i'm gonna try to do two customs if i've got time, Duke and Roadblock. :)

So you guys are doing a Mad Max version of GIJOE?

How many figures are we allowed to do??

Refresh my memory as to the story?  

Is this Cobra won and G.I. joe is a rebel force??

Or is this just G.I. Joe after nuculear fallout??

I Need to know how many to do before I pick my characters

im with ya BC somebody needs to write a quick intro story on this and then we can post all our customs under that!

TM

I should really let CC chime in on this too, but I think any number of characters are acceptable. Hell, do the whole 82 line up if that's what you're thinking of! :D

Also, I imagine we're leaning towards a "Cobra has won and GI Joe is now the rebels fighting for freedom" storyline.

And it's possible to do a custom in two weeks. Occasionally I do mine in about 5 days.

Tom

I wanted to try my hand at making customs but when I asked Viper Hunter how to get started... He told me to stick to Joes that comes MOC... @-@

BA,sure you can do art,that'd be great!

Okay,for my two cents on this,there will be a deadline date,I can understand some people might be busy and such,as a matter of fact,I'm going to be starting a new job within a week or so.Also,when I initially discussed the custom project with Tom,I expressed sentiment that I personally would like to get my hands on some parts from Wave 7 and he agreed.Now whether all the other customizers feel the same and would like to wait till Wave 7's release depends on the overall opinion of the roster,I really don't mind either way.As for a deadline term,two or three weeks sound good to me,maybe we need to start another poll,lol!

As for characters,the requirement is at least ONE custom figure of course! But you can really do as many as you want,I intend to do one good guy and one bad guy,but that can change when character selection time comes up (which will be before the end of the week).I also agree that choosing the same character to do different variations sounds pretty cool, but we don't want everyone doing their own version of Cobra Commander for example,or there won't be much diversity of characters to the project.

As for a story,here's my ideas:

Cobra Commander's Last Stand

In 1994,with several Cobra members turning against him and an allied assault of the US Military,the GI Joe team,and even Destro's forces centering to take down Cobra Commander for good.CC plays his trumph card and launches secret nukes around the world,destroying major cities and killing millions...leaving many parts of the world a radioactive mess and as time passed,desert scorched the earth.Some members of the GI Joe team that survived the holocaust rallied together,becoming wanderers and aiding in some type of reconstruction of the United States,but when they arrived to Washington DC,they discovered that Cobra Commander had returned,setting the former US capital as the Cobra capital,the new Cobra had begun to annex fledging towns and outposts of the United States and the rest of the world into the Cobra collective.Only a rogue team of GI Joe members stand against Cobra now.But aside from Cobra,there's also the rogue team of Ninjas,The Night Creepers,who sell their services to the highest bidder and have their own motives,the Dreadnoks are outlaws (similar to a Mad Max type of gang),the pioneer thugs for Cobra,there is also the "Cult of the Serpent",a rumored cult that believes that the world will come to peace and unity and to a glorious Garden of Eden only with the coming of a Messiah,a messiah called Serpentor.

The Cobra Cold War

During the days of the Cold War,the terrorist organization that is Cobra emerges,using politics,threats,bribery,and other dishonorable methods,Cobra Commander and his officers manipulate war between the United States and its allies against the USSR and its allies.Gaining access to US nukes,CC launches them at the USSR,not at strategic military defenses,but at numerous Soviet cities to insure that casualties and public outrage would be high.The USSR retaliates among American confusion and devastates the United States and its allies with nukes,and a virtual nuclear genocide occurs as the two warring nations play ping-pong with nukes and their armies.Two or three years go by,the world is scorched to the bone,there is hardly an untouched country on the earth that hasn't felt the effects of the war.Sickened by the destruction,the two nations finally concede to peace talks...and this is where the genius of Cobra Commander plays in,seizing the opportunity,the Cobra armies strike during the peace talks,eliminating the US and Soviet leadership and eventually spread throughout the world,taking over most of it.As Cobra coils its control over the world,several rebel groups pop up,including the prominent GI Joe team that seeks to avenge the United States of America and restore freedom for all!

(The NCs,Dreadnoks,'Cult of the Serpent',etc can all fit in here as well)

Personally,I'm leaning to the Cold War storyline,I think it works out good and Cobra Commander "plays it smart" by plotting the two most powerful nations of the world against each other.

I need at least 2 weeks. I'm going to have to get some parts and fresh paint. Tom check your pm! As far as what i'm doing. I'm going to attempt a Zombie based of the Aco Zombie, but I might make it look like a firner Joe instead of Cobra. Who knows!

Draven

I wanted to try my hand at making customs but when I asked Viper Hunter how to get started... He told me to stick to Joes that comes MOC...  @-@

Mostly One Color! I just thought it would be easier for ya! @-@

I'll PM ya on the paints and what not, to get started! :D

I wanted to try my hand at making customs but when I asked Viper Hunter how to get started... He told me to stick to Joes that comes MOC...  @-@

Mostly One Color! I just thought it would be easier for ya! @-@

I'll PM ya on the paints and what not, to get started! :D

Oh... My bad! I figured you were trying to tell me to try and make a custom by leaving the figure inside the package...

I'm gonna sticky this topic until you guys are done discussing how this is gonna work. ;)

man, 2 weeks.... id have to say at least a month, but thats just me.

i say this because of part gathering and ideas.

if the deadline is 2 weeks then ill probably drop.

im hoping for an extension but if not thats fine. im not real excited about the topic anyway but ill still do some brainstorming. maybe ill come up w/ something.

anyway...

man, 2 weeks....  id have to say at least a month, but thats just me.  

i say this because of part gathering and ideas.  

if the deadline is 2 weeks then ill probably drop.  

how bout a comprimize, 3 weeks, and if anyone gets done early they can show em off early :)-