HLJ Soundwave Reissue - let's analyze

Reminator

:evil: :evil: Thanks to Raymond T./ Theratron for bringing the attention:

HLJ Soundwave Reissue:

Note: Those FF/REW/Play buttons aren't from Soundwave, it's actually from SoundBlaster.

Soundwave buttons are more taper and smaller as opposed to SoundBlaster, see image.

Possibility:

Soundwave tape buttons were broken and had to use SoundBlaster.

OR

Soundwave mold is beyond repaired and had to use SoundBlaster mold.

We may get the Benefit:

If they used SoundBlaster mold, our Reissue Soundwave may actually could hold 2 Cassettes. If that's the case, maybe we get both Buzzsaw and Laserbeak.

- HLJ Soundwave Reissue

tak08116.jpg

- Original Soundave

4835_70.jpg

- SoundBlaster:

4835_69.jpg

But as you can see, Soundblaster is able to hold 2 tapes because his tape-door sticks way out in front of his chest, looking very different from Soundwave. I doubt they'd go to the trouble and expense of re-creating a Soundwave toy, only to get a big obvious feature like that so wrong.

:evil: :evil: All I'm saying is, based on HLJ Soundwave image, it looks like our Reissue Soundwave seemed to have SoundBlaster buttons instead of his original. Maybe that was the part that was damage in the original Soundwave mold. Or maybe the Soundwave mold is so damage that they had to used SoundBlaster mold for our new reissue Soundwave.

I hope that it is the original Soundwave. I know the only difference is the 2 tapes as opposed to 1, but I want it to be like the original Soundwave.

I guess we will see who is right and who is wrong come August.(when leaked images come out)

Let me add something to this discussion..

NOW, I just went downstairs and pulled out my English boxed Soundwave and my Japanese boxed Soundwave. There is a difference between the American and Japanese Soundwaves' buttons. The English (American) version of Soundwave, in fact, has the smaller, more spaced out buttons. The Japanese Soundwave has the buttons that you see on the HLJ site. Now, if you want me to take pics, let me know and I can do that! So, I think that the bigger, more pronounced buttons are what distinguishe it from its English (American) counterpart. Now, it would only make sense that Soundblaster would have this exact characteristic because he was only released in Japan. So.. maybe they made some minor modifications to the Soundwaves that were released outside of Japan...

... just my two cents!

whats the story with "soundblaster"?

was this an actual figure release? id like to know more.

so on previous posts regarding the news of dw sw reissue, people mentioned the possibilty of soundwave reissue being made from 'blaster' mold. now i thought they were talking about autobot blaster. was i right or wrong?

whats the story with "soundblaster"?

was this an actual figure release? id like to know more.

so on previous posts regarding the news of dw sw reissue, people mentioned the possibilty of soundwave reissue being made from 'blaster' mold. now i thought they were talking about autobot blaster. was i right or wrong?

In the Japanese "Headmasters" continuity, Soundwave and Blaster dealt each other severe wounds in a duel and each had to be rebuilt in new bodies. SW was upgraded into a new black version, named Soundblaster. Blaster got a new blue look, Twincast. Each of their toys had big forward-projecting tape doors that allowed them to now hold 2 tapes at once.

For more info and pictures of both toy and show Soundblaster, see:

http://68.192.64.197:2222/TF/Headmasters.h...l#Communicators

As for the discussions you mentioned--almost certainly those people actually meant "Will Takara have to use the Soundblaster mold for their Reissue Soundwave?" Soundwave and *Autobot* Blaster share no parts and are very different molds at different sizes, so there's no way they could re-create one by tinkering with the other.

:evil: :evil: Okay, hopefully this image will solve the problem.

Thanks to Nocturno of ADC for providing the image.

Yup, HLJ Reissue is very much like the Japanese Soundwave Version.

(From top to bottom)

U.S. Soundwave

Japanese Soundwave

Sound Blaster

HLJ Reissue Soundwave

Image attached:

allsoundwave.jpg

YAY! Although I do like the buttons seperated like in the U.S. version, I am just happy that it is the Soundwave mold and NOT Soundblaster.

Also, notice the placement of the rubsign on the Japanese SW and the Sticker on the hlj SW. The match up perfectly.

YAY!  I am just happy that it is the Soundwave mold and NOT Soundblaster.

:evil: :evil: Me2.......me2......now I can be happy.

Now we can pray that Takara doesn't forget the rubsign, now that they are going with the sticker.

Regardless of whether it was the Soundwave or Soundblaster mold being used, I was going to buy it. I just hope we see a legitimate Soundblaster reissue in the future, too (two cassettes, not one. Otherwise what's the point of buying him when I'll have a minty new Soundwave!)

Hmmm.. now Im in the mood to get a reissue Soundwave!  :)-

Sure you are :) Why don't you give me your sealed Powerglude to make room for him :lol: