Reissue ANH Luke and Vader

SnTrooper

I got an Entertainment Earth catalog in the mail today and they have what I believe are the first pictures of the reissue ANH Luke and Vader. The Luke looks to be the commtech one but with a lightsaber instead of the skyhoper model and the Vader is the PotJ Masters of the Dark Side one.

lukeandvader.jpg

Sorry about the quality. It was a lot better before I uploaded it.

After the MOTDS/Saga Maul, I guess the Vader's not a surprise.

just curious, can anybody tell which mmovie it's supposedd to be from? (I don't know the differences)

The luke though, what happened to 'not changing it'? (just including a stand; like Han, Jango, Leia, etc...)

II'm not really complaining, I just wish they had included the 'blast shield helmet or something???

I wonder when they'll find another way to repack the helmet, T-16 model, tool, and, eventually, a poncho?

Personally, I'm still waiting to hear about the R2 w'/ holo Leia.

(@) I'm a die hard collector of Star Wars but this rehashing is way too old and played out. :-? Hasbro can't seem to get newer figures out on the shelfs and then they cut corners by giving us the same old figures we have been buying over, and over, and over, again. :-? Please Hasbro return Star Wars to what it was the greatest toy line of all time instead of putting out the same old stuff. :( Never the less I know I will probably still buy them. :-? So who is more mixed up? :-?

(@) I'm a die hard collector of Star Wars but this rehashing is way too old and played out. :-?   Hasbro can't seem to get newer figures out on the shelfs and then they cut corners by giving us the same old figures we have been buying over, and over, and over, again. :-?   Please Hasbro return Star Wars to what it was the greatest toy line of all time instead of putting out the same old stuff. :(

Hasbro's done this alot over the years. In the vintage line, ANH figs were rereleased on ROTJ and POTF cards. POTF2 figs were recarded from orange card, green card (w/, w/out holosticker)

Never the less I know I will probably still buy them. :-?   So who is more mixed up?
I still regret doing that; I bought the recarded figs. :wink: Don't get me wrong, I'd like to find new figs; but, as long as they're not altered, I don't have a problem with giving new collectors a chance. Just work on the selection; we don't need figs that can still be found on the pegs :Cough:Jango:cough:

If they would just choose a few I missed out on, I'll be even happier :)

(@) Well put Bespin refugee. I can tell the force is strong with you and the Star Wars Universe due to reading your posts. :D I just wished there was more action here on the Star Wars board. I mainly hang out on the Transformers board.

So true about the rehashed Jango Fett Kamino Escape. For goodness sake he is still warming the pegs from last year. :-? Like I said I'll keep griping about the whole thing but will still shell out the money for them agin. :-? That blasted Lucas got us hooked as kids and see what it has done to us. :-? A bunch of grownups running all over buying toys. :-?

• 2 weeks later...

Personally, I like the idea of re-packaged figures; a lot of the figures, like Han, Leia, 3PO and Luke I never saw during their first release, so hopefully I'll be able to track them down this time.

Highly doubt I'll see any of them until September or so; the Wal-Mart in my hometown has pretty much removed Star Wars completely from the toy aisle, and the one in my girlfriend's hometown only has two Saga Destroyer Droids, three Taun We, and a POTJ Sabé. That's it.

I don't have a problem with the Vader. What I do have a problem with is the Luke figure. I mean,you pay $1.98 for the figure when it was just sitting on the shelves,then Hasbro throw in a lightsaber and has the nerve to charge $5.99 for this one.

Hey guys; it's been awhile, but I'm interested so I'm gonna chime in:

I don't mind getting these figures again, 'cause 1: that's one of my favorite versions of Luke if not THE best ANH one IMO, but I prefer a lightsaber over the original's accessories, and 2: I LOVE that version of Vader and always thought the "special" sculpts of Vader (the ones that came in two-pack exclusive sets like the 25th Aniversary set and the aformentioned "Masters of the Dark Side set) were always better than the single-carded ones. So I'm all for them.

Y'know though, something else I'd like to see is episode-specific card backs for the figures, like the originals used to be. Like have part of the original movie posters around the top of the package somehow, and then an image of the character next to the bubbled figure. Kinda like the Saga packages but more elaborate. That's what I'd like to see. :wink:

Y'know though, something else I'd like to see is episode-specific card backs for the figures, like the originals used to be. Like have part of the original movie posters around the top of the package somehow, and then an image of the character next to the bubbled figure. Kinda like the Saga packages but more elaborate. That's what I'd like to see.  :wink:

well, I think they're getting closer to that. I don't know if you've seen the newest style Saga cards; they're darker blue/black w/ the movie name down the left side, the insert now has the character's name and a 'description' (ie: Snwtrooper; Battle of Hoth), Because of the wider bubble, I don't think you'll see much added to the card back any time

soon.

edit:

From Galactic Hunter,here are some samples of the new card design.

Coleman Trebor: card front/ card back

Padme' Amidala (Secret Ceremony) : card front/ card back

There also some carded samples of the latest wave and the recarded figures here