Who thinks the Hiss I should be re-released?

Jaxxon327

I would like to point out that I am also a RAH fan. I'm a very dedicated fan of RAH, as a matter of fact. I doubt anyone who likes JvC hates RAH - unlike the opposing team - who seems to be threatened by the mere mention of JvC.

I enjoy JvC because it's brand new. I've never owned anything from JvC before... I can't say the same for RAHC. The designs are interesting to say the least, and has opened an entirely new realm of this hobby to me - customizing. While that doesn't go for everyone, it's hardly a make or break condition for the series... these are good toys. I'd buy them if they weren't G.I. Joes. Why? I repeat: THESE ARE GOOD TOYS.

And for anyone who would argue that they have the memories of GI Joe, and that they are who Hasbro should be working to please...

11245-tompost3.jpg

FAN FROM BIRTH, LADIES :evil:

Tom[/img]

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again...gang up on Doc. Why don't you just agree to disagree and leave him alone? He has as much right to post his opinion as anyone else. If you're tired of reading his opinions...don't! Just because everyone doesn't agree or is tired of reading it is no reason to attack him, so LAY OFF.

11245-tompost3.jpg

FAN FROM BIRTH, LADIES :evil:

Tom[/img]

Thats excellent, now thats the stuff that keeps us all collecting.

I think we now need to start a thread showing ourselves as children with our joe toys.

Violentfix

Didn't they release the flight pod in 97 with a viper? I seem to remember that but for some god only knows reason I did not get it. urrrrgh that was before I started collecting again. It is amazing what you have in your hand for ten bucks(i.e. viper three pack whole cart full) and say nahh not right now!! :evil:

Clear skies!

Mavdayvaas

Actually, I was hoping for an Urban Assualt Hiss tank. You know something for my alley vipers. Hey here is an idea, Why not release the rage and the hiss Tank in Urban assualt Colors? I could go for that!

Clear skies!

Mavdayvaas

Actually, I was hoping for an Urban Assualt Hiss tank. You know something for my alley vipers. Hey here is an idea, Why not release the rage and the hiss Tank in Urban assualt Colors? I could go for that!

Clear skies!

Mavdayvaas

Sounds good to me, well anything that involves a hiss tank sounds good to me

It would be cool to get a red camo one instead of a solid red one.

Like a PP schemed HISS?

I think she meant like the ALLEY VIPER repaint in wave 2

Here we go again...gang up on Doc. Why don't you just agree to disagree and leave him alone? He has as much right to post his opinion as anyone else. If you're tired of reading his opinions...don't! Just because everyone doesn't agree or is tired of reading it is no reason to attack him, so LAY OFF.

Not to take this thread off topic again, but I agree. Just because Doc has higher standards than a lot of you doesn't mean his opinion should be shot down. Doc has been here a long time, and to tell the truth, his opinion sits higher with me than most other posters here, because of his unwavering love for his hobby.

Not to take this thread off topic again, but I agree. Just because Doc has higher standards than a lot of you doesn't mean his opinion should be shot down. Doc has been here a long time, and to tell the truth, his opinion sits higher with me than most other posters here, because of his unwavering love for his hobby.

I can understand that,I just dislike it when his opinion seems to include insulting other members who share their own opinion that is different or contrasts that of his own.I value his opinions on occasion.I haven't been here as long as some of the others,but I am a proud JvC fan and I don't think it's fair when others who share the same likes of JvC as I do get flamed just because they happen to like the product...and with the Doc,this has been all too common,especially the last month or so.

Not to take this thread off topic again, but I agree.  Just because Doc has higher standards than a lot of you doesn't mean his opinion should be shot down.

LOL Man, did you miss the entire purpose of this outburst? We are so damned mad, not because he has an opinion, but because of the way it's so ignorantly shoved down people's throats.

And it's fine to have 'high standards' (extremely, or unreasonablyshould come right before 'high' IMO) but there come's a point where the effects of your standards begin to annoy the rest of us... but like I said, he can have his opinion. He may be wrong for it, but thats - you guessed it - my opinion.

Doc has been here a long time, and to tell the truth, his opinion sits higher with me than most other posters here, because of his unwavering love for his hobby.

3817-meh.gif

You mean predictable comments you can set your watch to, and dialogue so repetative it's like watching an Osama Bin Laden script off Al-Jazeera? Everything JvC sucks, you're a ##$%$# for liking it, I get to save money, Hasbro hates me/owes me, blah blah blah. Like I said, tell me something don't know.

I'm sorry it has to come out this way, but a good number of us has let this just slide on by for a long time, and I don't think we should have to do so anymore.

Tom

also not to take this thread of subject again but... i've gotta agreee with DARTHJOE and Prozac. i hear what you are saying TOM but it does seem lately that everytime DOC has had anything bad to say about JVC he's than ganged up on. i think as an overall line JVC sucks too with a few exceptions so it's not like DOC is alone in his feelings. if DOC is insulting someone, why can't it be between him and DOC, why does everybody feel the need to join the 'Doc Witch hunt' ? if this was just between FRED and DOC i would just be keeping my mouth shut right now, but dude, it's like Doc against the whole freakin' board and he's not even the only one with that opinion.

for example, if you and CLAM were going back and forth insulting each , both i consider friends, i wouldn't even get into it but maybe to say both ya'll need to chill. but if a bunch of people joined CLAM in the insults against you just because of something you might have said to them in the past and they were too scared to say something than but all of the sudden grew ballz now, dude i would jump in in a minute! i wouldn't care if you were right or wrong(friendship before toys) i wouldn't stand by and let you get lynched. that's just how i am, bro.

it's not like i haven't been on the other side of DOC's wrath. hell, my first week here we got into a big 5 page argument over "cobra junk" he insulted my intelligence too. but you know what i did....i insulted his back! :o and that was it, i held my ground and i stood up for what i believed in was right. the cool thing about it nobody jumped in, it was just me and him and DOC never even brought it back up after it was over. some of the people jumping in on DOC are hiding behind stronger members like TOM and FRED to insult DOC because of something he might have said in the past. that's just not right, that person should have said what he wanted to say than and there, if they didn't, tough. leave it alone, it's over, don't hold on to your bitter feelings.

Doc has been here a long time, and to tell the truth, his opinion sits higher with me than most other posters here, because of his unwavering love for his hobby.

you hit it straight on the nose DARTH. alot of people that have came here lately seem like hasbro clones who can't conjure up an opinion of there own. i can't believe people would actualy try to put someone down who cares this much about G.ijoe. so what he loves G.ijoe enough not to settle, which alot (including myself) admitted to doing when buying these figures.

Not to take this thread off topic again, but I agree.  Just because Doc has higher standards than a lot of you doesn't mean his opinion should be shot down.

You can have any opinion that you want, but once you start trying to tell people that what they like sucks, because you don't like it, that makes that opinion look childish. Big deal if you have a 300 page list of whay you think is wrong with the line, if I like it so what?

Why is it that some people have a very hard time understanding that there are RAH fans and new fans that like or love GvC?

Is it possible to ever be blinded by nostalga?

you hit it straight on the nose DARTH. alot of people that have came here lately seem like hasbro clones who can't conjure up an opinion of there own. i can't believe people would actualy try to put someone down  who cares this much about G.ijoe.  so what he loves G.ijoe enough not to settle, which alot (including myself) admitted to doing when buying these figures.

Are you trying to equate GvC fans to sheep? Just following the Hasbro bandwagon? :roll:

Doc cares only about HIS version of GI Joe and no other version is acceptable. What about tolerance?

If buying GvC is so beneath some of you, then stop, and leave 'em for those of us who want to buy them because we like them.

you hit it straight on the nose DARTH. alot of people that have came here lately seem like hasbro clones who can't conjure up an opinion of there own. i can't believe people would actualy try to put someone down  who cares this much about G.ijoe.  so what he loves G.ijoe enough not to settle, which alot (including myself) admitted to doing when buying these figures.

Are you trying to equate GvC fans to sheep? Just following the Hasbro bandwagon? :roll:

if that's what i would have meant to say i defiantely would have said it. that's one thing about me FRED, you never have to try and read into something i say, i always say exactly what i mean. no hidding behind bushes here :wink:

let me break it down to you....this forum has been filled with "me too" "i agree too" "i like that too" "i dislike that too" "i feel that way too" i mean i've noticed it alot latley. one of the things that drew me to this board were there were so many diffrent personalities here and opinions. i could read someones post and know who wrote it before i even looked at the name. now it seems like one person useing a bunch of diffrent names to post. it's not none of the older members or a handful of newer guys but it seems like a few that have came here lately realy don't have much to contribute or just don't know how to express themselves in words.

If buying GvC is so beneath some of you, then stop, and leave 'em for those of us who want to buy them because we like them.

that's like a dude who sleeps with an ugly chick, he's gotten better before but this is the only thing handy right now :wink:

if that's what i would have meant to say i defiantely would have said it. that's one thing about me FRED, you never have to try and read into something i say, i always say exactly what i mean. no hidding behind bushes here :wink:

let me break it down to you....this forum has been filled with "me too" "i agree too" "i like that too" "i dislike that too" "i feel that way too" i mean i've noticed it alot latley. one of the things that drew me to this board were there were so many diffrent personalities here and opinions. i could read someones post and know who wrote it before i even looked at the name. now it seems like one person useing a bunch of diffrent names to post. it's not none of the older members or a handful of newer guys but it seems like a few that have came here lately realy don't have much to contribute or just don't know how to express themselves in words.

that's like a dude who sleeps with an ugly chick, he's gotten better before but this is the only thing handy right now :wink:

OK, I see where you're going with your earlier statement. It's just that in the past, statements like that have always lead to "I'm better than you b/c, I don't like (Insert toy here)". No Harm, No Foul.

Chazz,

I don't think anyone is using newer names to 'combat' opinions they dislike. I think it's that people are fed up with being told that they're not GI Joe fans, and that their hobby sucks.

Imagine Chazz, coming here and seeing a thread about the C.A.T. reissue shot down because those pieces of crap have bulbous heads, chubby little bodies, and no variety in muscle mass? THAT'S what it's like here sometimes, but for JvC. I love it all the same, but I'm sick and tired of just standing by and saying "Well, that's the way some folks are gonna be!" Well, if that has to be the case ,it's about time I be who I have to be.

And let me just say one thing... the people who have piped up that they're tired of this treatment, or are just plain JvC/RAH fans - people like Cobra Commander, Broca, Etrigan, myself - have never put their feelings out there very clearly, and in detail. No one posts "I agree! You SUXX!!!" and if they do, they don't represent us. Same way I hope some RAH fans don't represent others.

All I'll say is this... If being a JvC fan makes LESS of a GI Joe fan... Screw you (j/k :lol: ) But if that's how some feel, then take your arguements to people like General Hawk, who creates all those RAH dio stories. Or maybe Brian Savage. I'd like to see you argue that their enjoyment of JvC makes them less worthy than any of US. :roll:

Tom

It would be cool to get a red camo one instead of a solid red one.

Like a PP schemed HISS?

Thats a cool Idea. A pythonized Hiss Tank. Package that with the driver (Python style) and something like the Ferret. But I'd settle just for the tank. Our new Python Patrol Armies need some hardware.

I'm also not against the idea of a artic HISS.

It's funny because when this thread started I was against the whole bring on more HISS tanks but now all this chatting about it has gotten me all for it.

Well I'd love to see more and more hiss tanks, this mold will never get tired to me EVER. SO the more the merrier(sp) :)-

ps - to everyone I LOVE RAH and JVC @-@ :)-

A white HISS would be great. White contrasts nicely with the original and provides variation from all the crimson repaints as of late. Also, it would allow customizers to circumvent priming the piece to repaint. Throw some red and black stickers/paint apps in there and I'd buy a few.

That said...

Just because Doc has higher standards than a lot of you doesn't mean his opinion should be shot down.

And again, enjoying GvC does not equate having low standards.

my first week here we got into a big 5 page argument over "cobra junk" he insulted my intelligence too. but you know what i did....i insulted his back!

Some would see this as a waste of time, and promoting flame wars. But I digress.

you hit it straight on the nose DARTH. alot of people that have came here lately seem like hasbro clones who can't conjure up an opinion of there own.

Rather, a lot of people as of late enjoy the current toyline and would like to enjoy discussion of said toyline without being personally attacked for it. Frankly, I find Doc's responses to be devoid of worth because of his apparent lack of respect. You won't find me attacking him for five pages, because I don't even read his posts.

Chazz, if the reason why you were drawn here was truely because you enjoyed the diversity of fans, then you wouldn't be having this discussion. Respect means listening to someone's opinion without feeling the need to imply that they're not a true fan for enjoying what they do. And maturity means finding ways to discuss a toyline without attacking someone's intelligence. Supporting someone who doesn't do either isn't sensible.

that's like a dude who sleeps with an ugly chick, he's gotten better before but this is the only thing handy right now

No. It's like sleeping with that chick, and then calling her everyday hoping she's gotten hotter because you know it's all you can get right now. You may sleep with her a few more times, get mad at yourself for doing it, and then, after eating a carton of ice cream you call her again. It's sad. If you truely don't like GvC, stop discussing it. It's tiresome to hear people complain about the same thing over and over again. We'll let you know when 1983's back.

A white HISS would be great. White contrasts nicely with the original and provides variation from all the crimson repaints as of late. Also, it would allow customizers to circumvent priming the piece to repaint. Throw some red and black stickers/paint apps in there and I'd buy a few.

That said...

Just because Doc has higher standards than a lot of you doesn't mean his opinion should be shot down.

And again, enjoying GvC does not equate having low standards.

my first week here we got into a big 5 page argument over "cobra junk" he insulted my intelligence too. but you know what i did....i insulted his back!

Some would see this as a waste of time, and promoting flame wars. But I digress.

you hit it straight on the nose DARTH. alot of people that have came here lately seem like hasbro clones who can't conjure up an opinion of there own.

Rather, a lot of people as of late enjoy the current toyline and would like to enjoy discussion of said toyline without being personally attacked for it. Frankly, I find Doc's responses to be devoid of worth because of his apparent lack of respect. You won't find me attacking him for five pages, because I don't even read his posts.

Chazz, if the reason why you were drawn here was truely because you enjoyed the diversity of fans, then you wouldn't be having this discussion. Respect means listening to someone's opinion without feeling the need to imply that they're not a true fan for enjoying what they do. And maturity means finding ways to discuss a toyline without attacking someone's intelligence. Supporting someone who doesn't do either isn't sensible.

that's like a dude who sleeps with an ugly chick, he's gotten better before but this is the only thing handy right now

No. It's like sleeping with that chick, and then calling her everyday hoping she's gotten hotter because you know it's all you can get right now. You may sleep with her a few more times, get mad at yourself for doing it, and then, after eating a carton of ice cream you call her again. It's sad. If you truely don't like GvC, stop discussing it. It's tiresome to hear people complain about the same thing over and over again. We'll let you know when 1983's back.

and I was lead to beleive n00bs were not this articulate! :wink: @-@

this comment wasn't for you because you weren't there so please don't speak on it now. the 5 pages were debating on rather cobra had what i took to conquer the world. i said no and he said yes. he through a couple of punches and i through them back but the main focus was the debate we were having. my point, don't be so freakin' sensitive!! are you gonna cry everytime someone calls you a name or if they say they don't like something you like? that's the only thing i feel that's sad around here, men crying because somebody called them a name or is putting down something they like. make points on why you like something, don't #$## and moan "i'm tired of you saying those thing!" WAAAHHH WAAAHHH WAAAAHH!!!!

:lol: i can't tell, you open up your mouth everytime he says something about JVC!

Chazz, if the reason why you were drawn here was truely because you enjoyed the diversity of fans, then you wouldn't be having this discussion.

dude, that made no sense it all :roll: were's the diversity whenever someone says they don't like someone everybody jumps in to say the exact same thing over and over and over.........

No. It's like sleeping with that chick, and then calling her everyday hoping she's gotten hotter because you know it's all you can get right now. You may sleep with her a few more times, get mad at yourself for doing it, and then, after eating a carton of ice cream you call her again.

:lol: how are you gonna tell me what i meant by what I said??? lets call the ugly chick JVC and the fine chick RAH:

the fine chick you gotta spend alot of money on, take her out, wine and dine because she's worth it if you wanna have a great time. the ugly chick is cheap, take her to Mcdonalds and you can have not such a good time but still it's pretty tolerable and pretty much worth $3.25 you spend on it.

i have a desire to collect g.ijoes just like i have a desire to hump every now and than. RAH no longer exist, and just as if no fine chicks existed i would settle for what's out there just to satisfy that urge i still have.

It's sad. If you truely don't like GvC, stop discussing it.

hold up right there, i'll discuss whatever the hell i wanna discuss. if i truely didn't like JVC i'd make a thread about it if i wanted to. but for the record, once again, i never said i hated JVC, it could defiantely be better and it's nowhere as near as good as it should be, and i'll say that until i'm a member of ADC or they greatly improve.

It's tiresome to hear people complain about the same thing over and over again. We'll let you know when 1983's back.

and it's tiresome to hear people #$## and complain about what a member said. i'll let you know when JAYC hands over the forum to the chicks on THE VIEW

It's tiresome to hear people complain about the same thing over and over again. We'll let you know when 1983's back.

and it's tiresome to hear people #@*% and complain about what a member said. i'll let you know when JAYC hands over the forum to the chicks on THE VIEW

VERY LOL, both of you :lol:

Tom