New BTR Picsa and Info

JayC

Hey, Downshift, welcome to the boards! I hope you enjoy it here! I agree with you in that they don't look too great. The idea is cool, but it shouldn't be based on existing characters. I think a "build your own transformer" kind of concept (as in come up with a new Transformer and build it yourself) would have worked much better. The end result now is limited strictly to fans of LEGO type toys who also like Transformers: Armada. Had it been "build your own Transformer," it would have appealed to both fans of Transformers and LEGO. Hasbro screwed themselves and the fandom over on this one.

I like Legos and I like Transformers: Armada, but I can't see getting more than one of these sets (and that one just out of curiousity). It looks more like the sets come apart and are reassembled to "transform..."

If I were to try building a Lego G1 Transformer - and I'd love to - it'd have to be either Optimus Prime or Ultra Magnus, both of which are boxy enough to lose less in translation in construction. I even imagine them able to transform the same way as their official toy counterparts, maybe with fewer loose pieces for Magnus... Let's just say the gauntlet is down.