New BTR Info and Pics

JayC

WOW! thats $100.93 befor taxes. not really too bad if you get exclusive drivers for all those sets. i'm gonna get em' all! but i better not see one beach head,mirage,big ben or gung-ho in those or i'll be pissed! :evil:

TM

yeah, but remember, the drivers also have BTR features on their bodies.

yes but with the GvC figures lower arms you can change out so with a little switcharoo you have no lego arms! hollow point looks cool, and if the other driver are this good then its worth it to add to my collection.

firestongue wrote:

Meh.

I'd rather be at a whorehouse.

ME TOO! :D

TM

Hasbro has a true hit on their hands. Kids love action figures and vehicles, and they love to build.

Sounds like theyre trying to hype up the Edsel.

Kids love die-cast cars too. But that didnt keep the old "FAST 111's" line afloat.

Due to LEGO's longevity it's going to be near impossible to compete. As far as most seem concerned LEGO is THE building toy. Sure there's other construction toys like K'NEX and Mega Blocks out on the markets, each with their own merits. But lets be realistic. None can truly compete with LEGO. Not even Hasbro. Built to Retch is simply going to look like a wannabe. Some of their launchers look neat but theyre really not blazing any trails or introducing anything TRULY NEW to the genre

If Hasbro wanted building toys for GI Joe they should have done like Star Wars did. Just lease the liscense, let LEGO do all the work, and sit back and collect the royalties. Ive seen some VERY cool Joe vehicles customed from real LEGO blocks. And if you look at most of the vehicles they made for their Star Wars line you can be guaranteed some VERY accurate translations from the regular Joe line to LEGO form. These people know what theyre doing.

BTR has "Flash in the pan" written all over it. I dont give it much longer than "Wonder World"

The thing is though, BTR is passable AS LEGO. Much like "Band-Aids" are the general term used for adhesive medical strips, LEGO is the general term used for building block toys. Not to mention LEGO is not the old inche-long block by quarter-inche long block of old - they MAKE toys like BTR now.

While I think they suck, whatever keeps GI Joe a healthy, happy money-consuming toyline.

Tom

Looks like Crosshair.

Tom

The flap for that pocket on the upper arm is too wide to be the Crosshair's arm at least.

Isn't it Tunnel Rat? The upper part of the arm looks like Tunnel Rat's :-?

WOW! :o This thing is pretty neat looking!

fbfe22d8.jpg

and like Tom stated, it's such a shame that one of the few times a NEW vehicle really gets your attention, it's a LEGO version! If the pegs were removed and the thing was solid, this would be one awesome looking vehicle!

Looks like Crosshair.  

Tom

The flap for that pocket on the upper arm is too wide to be the Crosshair's arm at least.

I think you may be right there.

Draven

Looks like Crosshair.  

Tom

I think you may be right there.

Draven

It doesn't look like Tunnel Rat, he doesn't have rolled up sleeve's. But the driver does, it's most likely an exclusive too the pack.

I like the BTR stuff.

I like it because I know my step-sons will like it as much as I.

I know they'll like because they can do stuff with these vehicles that can't do with GvC OR RAH vehicles--they can CHANGE STUFF AROUND!

Changing where stuff goes is the whole beauty of the LEGO system and its a strength in this line and, far and above from a "regular" GvC or RAH vehicle, will promote more imagination from kids.

These are pluses.

I had my reservations about the BTR line based on the smaller sets, the transport set wipes those worries away--because I like the detailed panels and such.

I don't for a minute believe the peg system will be compatible with LEGO stuff, but I can live with that if its the case.

I'd like to see more of what they have in store--some of this stuff looks like fun.

--Ken

I think i have to retract what I said in an earlier thread about these BTR products. The vehicle is pretty decent, I'll probably save up for these.

When I was younger I do remember wishing I could put more battle damage to my vehicles instead of unsnapping the turrets and removing the canopies, and accidentally breaking the plastic in the process. They can do this now without worrying about ruining the toy. This will be a hit with the kids and even some grown ups. :wink:

Meh.

I'd rather be at a whorehouse.

I'd rather get BTR than VD....... :wink:

hey that's why you just pull out--that way you cannot get VD. lol :lol:

............i think it's cool looking...like i said before,,,,just file off the nobs and you won't be able to tell it's lego...

Sounds like far more effort than Im willing to make. Ill just search Ebay for either a Monster Blaster APC or the original Troop transport

oh man... there are so many unfair things abnout this. I just decided to spend less on joes and look, there are gonna more exclusive drivers that we know aren't coming in a wave 7,8 or in a vehicle.

That design is soooo good. The color is exactly right to give it a mirky, sci-fiish feel.

only 2 cobra vehicles? surely more than that right?

and what's most unfair is it is a lego ripoff and i kinda like it.

Call me crazy, but I really think I am going to like these sets. The reason I say this is that one of my first ever comic books of Gijoe was issue number 6(original series). That was the first time they met the october guard and such. One thing that really stuck to me about the issue was that the joe team had to put together this prefab monstrous vehicle. I thought that was such a neat idea and from that point on, whenever I got a new vehicle, I always pretended that certain members of the joe team had to "put it together."

Anwayz, I am looking forward to these sets if only the fact it reminds of a day gone by that the most important thing I had to worry about was if I could stay up late to watch Tv on Friday nights!! :lol:

Clear skies!

Mavdayvaas