New BTR Info and Pics

JayC

LET THE FLAMING BEGIN!!!!

That big transport thing doesn't actually look too bad.

I'll second that. Not too shaby. IU was first thinking "Oh God, not those damn Lego looking vehicles gain...pass." But when I looked, hey, that looks alright, where are the lines for those lego bricks? Looks alright by me, but can't see myself getting it just yet.

LET THE FLAMING BEGIN!!!!

That big transport thing doesn't actually look too bad. I was thinking that too. It's sad that hasbro is using a better vhicle concept on their BTR line then it's JvC line. Too bad it's made of lego brick's. Those crack's/line's and peg's ruin it, if it was made solid it would be better then all the other JvC vhicle's so far.

After taking a closer look at it, I withdraw my last comment. It is a Lego vehicle. WILL pass on it. I'm saving for the APC and MCC.

How is it possible Hasbro makes such a cool (in design) vehicle like that Armadillo transport... for the LEGO themed series? It's not fair, man! NOT FAIR!!! :evil:  

Tom

Probably because LEGO designed it. They had to have some part in this.

Probably because LEGO designed it. They had to have some part in this.

I was under the assumption the BTR line was meant to get a piece of LEGO's market? Hasbro doesn't own LEGO, do they? I'm not being snide, I really didn't know this if it's true..

Tom

No, Hasbro doesn't own LEGO. And you're right, I thought this was a team-up between the two, but it's clearly not. Oops.

No harm done! I was worried I missed the news that Hasbro and LEGO mixed... The point remains, it's a sad state of affairs when the building block vehicle is cooler than the actual vehicles.

Tom

Well that makes sense now. I couldn't figure out the atachments on the legs of a few fgs I had seen, Now I know the blocks will also attach to the figs to make something.

I know my 4 year old who plays with his joes on everything, (we had to buy him a Rescue Heros Ship so he could play Joes on it) will love these.

I see a great hit wit the kids and maybe some new kids finding GI Joe and just maybe a few new Dads into collecting.

Great way to get a new age group involved.

Hands way up to Hasbro on this one.

Have fun,

Kidmold

I like the looks of what we have seen so far. But, I don't think I will pay 20 for a lego vech. I probaly wait for a sale. I can see these thing setting on the shelf for a while.

General Overlord

I agree. I pretty cool vehicle which I will be passing on due to the Lego nonsense.

I would definitely buy a "regular" version of this vehicle, and if they ever release one, I hope they'll tweak that clunky wheel design. Otherwise, pretty cool, and better than probably every GvsC vehicle with maybe the exception of NAC.

Since we can expect Hasbro El Cheapo to reuse molds like crazy, I bet we'll see a regular GvsC Hollow Point, and a good chance to see this vehicle as well.

The main thing that gets to me is the following hilarious quote talking about BTR:

Hasbro has a true hit on their hands. Kids love action figures and vehicles, and they love to build.

Hmmmm . . . . you mean like . . . the old RAH line????? Where you could actually BUILD the vehicles????

Naaaaaaaaaah!!!! Kids hate that crap!! Just ask Hasbro!

well,

we know that it is not a team up with lego because then the prices would be insane. The prices are only 9.99-29.99. If they were with Lego the prices would be 19.99-59.99. Thank God they are not Actually Lego. :lol:

I look forward to seeing how this new transport will be. Has anyone seen in other pictures form the other sets? I have seen the Transformer ones and I think I will pass on those.

How is it possible Hasbro makes such a cool (in design) vehicle like that Armadillo transport... for the LEGO themed series? It's not fair, man! NOT FAIR!!! :evil:  

Tom

Tell me about it! :evil: I might pick this one up if it ever goes on sale, but not at a high price. Can anyone tell who is in the driver seat? Kinda looks like we might have a new figure ala Hollow Point.

Draven

Looks like Crosshair.  

Tom

The flap for that pocket on the upper arm is too wide to be the Crosshair's arm at least.

And this vehicle does look better than most of what JvC has. Maybe BTR and JvC can switch vehicle design teams.

Hasbro has a true hit on their hands. Kids love action figures and vehicles, and they love to build.

Hmmmm . . . . you mean like . . . the old RAH line????? Where you could actually BUILD the vehicles????

Naaaaaaaaaah!!!! Kids hate that crap!! Just ask Hasbro!

Right?!? With this line (BTR) up their sleeves, you'd think they'd have the same surveys or information regarding putting the vehicles together.

Another thing to consider though, it's supposedly cheaper to ship a more "solid" product like the JvC vehicles. I'm pretty sure there's some kind of cost-cutting numbers to consider. But then of course you have to consider the person putting those things together and apply the decals and such.

:-?

Ehh... who knows.... ???

I'll just not buy that crap. RAH reissues all the way! 8)

Here's an Amazon.com price listing:

Built To Rule G.I. Joe: Locust Helicopter - $7.99

Built To Rule G.I. Joe: Rock Crusher ATV - $7.99

Built To Rule G.I. Joe: Cobra Moccasin Boat - $8.99

Built To Rule G.I. Joe: Cobra Raven Jet - $12.99

Built To Rule G.I. Joe: Forest Fox Truck - $12.99

Built To Rule G.I. Joe: Armadillo Assault HAV - $19.99

Built To Rule G.I. Joe: Raging Typhoon Watercraft - $29.99

All 7 sets are due out in July.

what ive seen of the BTR stuff looks pretty good.. i'm gonna get all 8 joe sets, but i might buy some of the tonka type sets to if the exclusive drivers are gijoe-like in design. its cool to have another line of 3 3/4 inch figures to choose from or swap parts and customize with anyway!

TM

Here's an Amazon.com price listing:

Built To Rule G.I. Joe: Locust Helicopter - $7.99

Built To Rule G.I. Joe: Rock Crusher ATV - $7.99

Built To Rule G.I. Joe: Cobra Moccasin Boat - $8.99

Built To Rule G.I. Joe: Cobra Raven Jet - $12.99

Built To Rule G.I. Joe: Forest Fox Truck - $12.99

Built To Rule G.I. Joe: Armadillo Assault HAV - $19.99

Built To Rule G.I. Joe: Raging Typhoon Watercraft - $29.99

All 7 sets are due out in July.

WOW! thats $100.93 befor taxes. not really too bad if you get exclusive drivers for all those sets. i'm gonna get em' all! but i better not see one beach head,mirage,big ben or gung-ho in those or i'll be pissed! :evil:

TM

i think that lego/joe vehicle looks pretty COOL..!!!......and i was thinkin' with some sculpy or maybe a file...you could get rid of the tell tale lego 'nobs' and make it look more realistic...... :)

WOW! thats $100.93 befor taxes. not really too bad if you get exclusive drivers for all those sets. i'm gonna get em' all! but i better not see one beach head,mirage,big ben or gung-ho in those or i'll be pissed! :evil:  

TM

yeah, but remember, the drivers also have BTR features on their bodies.

I think the Armadillo transport is pretty cool looking.. it would have been nice if this was part of the regular line.. but I will not get any of these items