ftwp who is running your cobra?

revsears

For those who play, I was wondering who is running your cobra? is it the obvious CC or Serpy? Maybe a destro?

For me CC got caught and Iron Klaw ( who in my world is a geneticly engerined guy like serpy but a genious, the problem is though, he lakes as much charisma as cc, though far more capable.) took the reigns. This may not last forever cause we all know cc can get out of jail.

I noticed how cool Iron klaw (claws commander with new arms) looks with his helm off and wearing the cape of shipwreck, the hood of zartan, and carrying around a Cobra staff. He looks far more millitant to me than CC.

This is a pretty cool question!

When I was little, I would always cycle through leaders of Cobra, because the cartoon (which was the bulk of my Joe media when I was growing up) always displayed CC's position as leader as extremely fragile.

One time Iron Grenadiers Destro took over Cobra, then Night Creeper Leader too control, even Headman for a brief time. I'm not saying it made sense, but it's what I did! :lol:

Nowadays, CC is the undisputed commander of my terrorist organization. Of course, there are always some who want to be the next leader :wink:

Tom

Awesome Question :)- I would always have CC as the ruler and destro and mindbender as his first officers :)-

O the memories :(

I still set up scenerios in my head and act them out with my figures. Cobra Commander is still the big man on campus. If I had Serpentor, CC would still be the unquestioned military leader, but Serpentor would tell CC what he wants done, and leaves CC to handle it.

To coincide with the 7 year gap in the comic, I had CC in a island jail, and Overlord was secretly rebuilding Cobra to spring CC. When he succeeded, CC repaid him and his genius by brainwashing him into a mindless puppet. Now CC rules...but for how long....MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHA @*-

CC is the ruler of my Cobra forces. Sepentor is around, CC had him cloned and used him to get Cobra Island back from UN. Sepentor was reconized as a ruling monach of Cobra Island by the US during the Cobra civil war. So, they still saw him as the true ruler of the island. So, CC has Sepentor ask for the Island back and also presents The US with a high ranking member of another Terrerist group. I want to do a dio story to explain it. I have Destro and Mindbender indeted to CC, Basicly because of what happened in the first 4 Image comics. I follow the comic pretty closly. Overlord is like Cobra version of Destro. Noble, honerable and a miltary expert, but extermly loyal to CC for some reason.

General Overlord

Cobra Commander is my leader, but Destro and Baroness hold alot of stroke. Mindbender serves as sort of CC's right hand man, and Scalpel is Mindbender's assistant. Storm Shadow is CC's bodyguard. Zartan and Firefly spend alot of time on Cobra Island as well.

when I was a kid I would have my favorite characters of the time as my leaders. Often Firefly would be in charge, sometimes it would be Stormshadow even! CC was mostly in charge though.

I'm currently building a collection again , so I suppose that when I get my collection back I'll probably have CC in charge of the overall picture, but I'll also set up regional commanders and that type of thing.

i the old days....(1982-85) when i would play with my joes, cobra was ran by two robotic greenish see-thru fp adventure people. i spent all my money buyin the "good guys" :D my first cobra was the mail in cobra commander i got him a year later ever since then Cobra Commander has been the only leader of my cobra forces! ya know come to think of it...cc,destro and the baroness were my only cobra figures i had as a kid? every other action figure line or toys i had would be cobra troops! the blue robeast from voltron kicked alot of joe a$$ as i recall? :D

TM

One time when I wa little, Skeletor got control of Cobra. What was I thinking? :o

I think I had the Joes and Cobra go through a portal to Eternia and a bunch of MOTU guys came back to the real world and caused trouble. I killed off everyone but Fisto and Teela. I think they ran off together to reproduce and make a come back.

Did any of you use the Battle Armor Cobra Commander as Fred?

At the moment I actually have Golobulus leading my Cobra(I might wanna add I'm more of a toon fan than a comic fan).Though he's basicly the way he was in the movie now that he's been out in the world he's taken a likeing to our technology and is using it.

Did any of you use the Battle Armor Cobra Commander as Fred?

Nope.Thanks to the fact he was placed with the Laser Viper for the RAHC and I own a few of them I made him into a nameless trooper.

CC's in charge.

Always has been, always will.

The other contenders will challenge the head snake for the seat of power on occasiona but CC will always get back on top.

The character of Overlord always puzzled me because he never really fit in anywhere, except as another contender.

I could never reconcile him as lasting very long..........which is how I DID reconcile him...........he was taken out by CC and turned into.......

Overkill.

Yep, take one potential succesful challenger, destroy him, take the husk that's left and in fitting revenge, re-fit him as a cyborg loyal only to CC.

Hey, even some of the "look" is still there. :wink:

On the case of Serpentor...........Serpie is a figurehead. He's the "spiritual leader" of COBRA, meant to rouse troops into battle frenzy.

Serpie represents a "larger than life" entity at the top, but one not supposed to be greater than CC himself ( in theory).

Serpie is/should be a puppet that CC controls ( willingly or unwillingly)

Serpentor could/should never be the actual leader of Cobra because he lacks the coniving nature of Cobra Commander--Serpentor is a warrior god realized, but NOT a political strategist that CC is.

--Ken

Cobra Commander is more of a figure head in my universe. The real strings of Cobra are pulled by Destro and the Barroness. Although true loyalties within Cobra are to the Commander himself, it is understood that he has far more important matters to attend to.

Violentfix

imagine what he could do if he were a genius.
I can not accept Cobra Commanders past toon or comic. Based on the comic my ex-wife cold be Cobra Commander.

To the point After World War II the Mid East was divided into 7 duchies, each duchy governed by a duke. The Duchies remained at war for some time until they all agreed on a cease fire. The Board of 7 was then formed. These 7 members would have central control of the United Duchies of Arbia or U. D. A.. The Cobra Comander and the Barroness were once a memeber of this board. Together they installed puppets that they now control. The name of Cobra came from the guard that CC and the Barroness had to protect them. From bodyguards to a powerful army this is what Cobra is in the Universe of Kull.

:smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash: :smash:

An original character I created called Blight.

I first got into GI Joe in '86 when Serpentor was introduced on the animated series and became a Cobra fan with Serpentor leading my collection of Cobra Vipers and HISS tanks. But later on I got bored with his character since he seemed as incompetent as Cobra Commander. At the same time I was getting into Anime, so I crafted my own personal Cobra warlord.

In my Joeverse, after the movie, Cobra was left leaderless with the disappearance of both CC and Serpentor and a mercenary from outside Cobra's ranks buys his way into the organization with new weapons technologies and resources. He quickly becomes one of the leading hierarchy and comes close to gaining complete control when Serpentor AND Cobra Commander return to the scene. Cobra is splientered into three factions, with Cobra Commander and his forces taking root in North America, Serpentor setting up shop in Europe, and Blight and those forces loyal to him establishing operations in Japan and China.

The result is a full scale Cobra civil war that lasts to this day, with new contenders vying for the Cobra throne from Destro in Scotland and Overlord who has a base in Egypt.

Since I only collect Cobra figures and vehicles this kind of storyline works well for me and of course the faction I like to side with is Blight's. I'm actually in the process of writing his beginnings in Cobra and have posted the first two chapters here:

http://www.fanfiction.net/read.php?storyid=1326179

hey NAZ! i miss these "ftwp" questions! :D

well CC is head of my cobra army now. it was split for awhile between serpentor and him. Baroness, the Twins, and Major Bludd stayed loyal to CC while Mindbender and Destro were sided with Serpy (storm shadow is missing throughout this all). the IG'S were also part of Serpy's cobra army. needless to say several wars were fought with Serpy seeming to be winning.the finale Battle came with Serpy being alone with CC in a firey terror drome for the final showdown. of course CC cannot physicaly beat Serpy so guess who shows up to a aide ....Good ol' Destro! 8) who relizes Serpy is nothing but a ranting maniac, shows up with a presumed dead Storm Shadow!! all 3 charge at Serpy at once and after a long battle are final able to over power him and send him over the terror drome walls were he falls to his firey grave....or so it seems :wink: