something disturbing

*Deathblade

I know some people like to bash the armada cartoons mistakes, but last night when I was watching season 2 "the gambler" or maybe it was "the secret of omega supreme" sideswipe was in the nemesis with megatron and he had a red decepticon symbol-he had NO REASON to be there(other than animation flub) seein stuff like that makes me wonder how any one can say g1 is so much better than armada. actually sitting down and watching the episodes from an unbiased POV can see they both have their strengths and weaknesses. Personally I think BW was best of the shows (well from season 2 on)

I've been saying that for awhile now. Armada really is more like G1 then anyone would probably like to admit. I personally think that if G1 were released today, and no one had seen it, people would rip it to shreds and hate it. BW is a vastely superior show.

I can't compare since I haven't seen the Armada series, but I would be the first to say that G-1 had its share of errors and bad shows, but I still liked it. Each series has its own strengths and weaknesses and people need to realize that instead of flaming other shows because they're not G-1...

Deathblade, your theory makes sense if animation flubs were the only complaint heard about Armada, but that is not so.

Even not taking into account the blatant and bizarre audio mistakes, Armada is a weak cartoon in my eyes. G1 was strong enough that it could overcome simple animation errors. Armada does not. Also, it's not 1985 anymore. Saying that Armada's animation is "just as bad" as G1 doesn't do Armada any justice, as it's almost 20 years later, and standards are constantly rising.

I like the first season of G1 the best becasue there was more hand to hand combat and not robots shooting from a couple feet away, that never made much sense to me. I do enjoy most of the armada series. however there have been some real bad episodes. The other morning i was watching Aramada Awakening and the recap at the end with the announcer called tidal wave shockwave. And in the begining i remeber OP calling sparkplug, leader 1 i think. Buy yeah they both have there ups and downs.

I agree with you too, BW had better animation, and hardly any mistakes if there were any, but Armada is not as good as G1, reason one:

1. Armada don't drive or fly to their destinations when at war.

2. Armada has lame kids who look like it's more about them than the transformers.

3. Armada's characters think like little kids, who have to be straighten up by optimus everytime they do something stupid, which kills the whole toon for me.

4. Armada's story is not better than G1, fighting for minicons? Who escaped from cybertron for freedom? Who don't even talk? It's like saying their pet cats left the planet for being used to kill the mice on the planet...

whoever has the most cats is the sh@*t.

5. G1 had something new all the time, combiners, aliens, insecticons, world crisis(environment), dinobots, "female autobots", what else could you ask for?

That's my opinion, but who cares right? 8)

Armada is just a bad programme. I'd like to reserve judgement til I've seen some of the later episodes, but at the moment it's just terrible.

I dont like the quirky japanese animation. It IS pokemon but with robots instead of furry little creatures.

Also, theres no characters in it! 3 autobots v 4 decepticons? I know they get more eventually, but G1 started with a whole fleet of cars, etc...

One more thing - THE KIDS! The last 2 episodes I've watched have been about the kids, with cameo appearances by the robots. I think on one of them, Hot Shot was the only robot in the episode?

Having said that, G1 aint much better. Aint seen series 2 or 3 in years, only seen series 1 recently. But so far, it consists of megatron targetting a different power plant in each episode, the autobots stopping him, a little fight, the decepticons fleeing in terror, the end. Only episode I truly enjoyed was Heavy Metal Wars