Mixing and matching weapons with your RAH figures...

Darthmaul33

Anyone here not use the weapons that your figures come with? Do you end up giving them the accessory from another figure?

I like to give Snake Eyes version 2 the AK-47 used by the Cobra Officer. And for Tunnel Rat I give him the M-16 used by Frostbite.

I was actually doing that yesterday. I was getting my Joes ready for the next time I play outside, and while I was gearing them up, I forgot which weapon went with who. So I went online to figure it out. Most of the figures ended up with thier own weapons, however a couple didn't. Barrel Roll didn't because his gun won't stay in his hand, so I mixed his up. There were a couple others. But I was about to come online and ask the same question.

that's the first thing i do when i buy a JVC figure. :P besides ripper and duke, and scalpel, just about every JVC figure i have i've given them an RAH weapon. either be a back pack or a gun, they all have something RAH. i try to match the weapons with the figures personality or something i think they would use. i think Dart looks awesome holding zandar's gun.

I think weapons are pretty characteristicto the individual character. So 99% of the time I try to equip something relevant to either th individual character or the mold

I gave RAHC a spare rifle and knife from RAHC Leatherneck, since those belonged to the 92 Duke mold. The recent Slipstream got a blue version of the uzi from the 92/93 Ace since his body mold was that figure. Since archery and swordmaking were in Zartan's background I gave his RAHC version a silver v6 Stormshadow sword, a 1988 Stormshadow compound bow. Desert Striker Flint got a spare Headhunter shotgun since his original and TF versions used similar moldels. while RAHC Rock & Roll (Which I use as Flint) uses a green version of the Eco Warriors rifle Flint came with and a spare

However in the case of new characters that were simply straight up repaints of older molds such as Double Blast I took a different approach. Since his character WASNT Roadblock, I saw no reason he should be equipped exactly the same. So I gave all the Roadblock gear to Crossfire (Which still works since his specialty IS Machine gunning.) and gave DB the sliding stock rifle. To fit in with is background as an electrical engineer, I gave him a spare 2000 Firefly backpack since it has a tool kit. I gave Wet-Down (Probably the worst code-name right after Skidmark) a black 98 'Torpedo' sled, a black v2 Deep-Six gun and scuba tank.

I never liked the idea of weapons unique to a character, unless it WAS the character... As in the sniper rifle is an extension of Low Light, the grenade launcher is Gung Ho's, ect.

Otherwise, I could give, say... Duke anyone's weapon and he's good to go.

Tom

I'm with Tom and Doc on this sort of. The Joes got the best and most realistic weapons. If possible, I arm them with American weaponry (or close as possible). For example, Duke, Lifeline and Snake-Eyes are all armed with Hit & Run's Colt SMG.

Other times, they keep the weapons they came with because of their specialities, like Rock & Roll still has his mini-gun system.

And finally, if I amend specialties, like Hit & Run's... who is now a grenadier... he has Leatherneck's (but really, PP Copperhead's version) M16/M203, Hardball's MGL (and backpack), and Bullhorn's rifle (which I use as a M79 grenade launcher).

So really, if I agree with and/or amended their specialties, they will get the weaponry and equipment to carry out those specialities.

My Cobra's usually get the weapons they came with and any of the spare rifles I may have (that looks good, that is a must - no figure holds an ugly-ass piece of sh!t weaponry). Not really keen on giving my Cobra explosive and large projectile weaponry, though.

A lot of my old RAH figures that I played with have all their weapons so mixed up,I can't even remember which goes with who!Even when I was younger I usually mixed and matched weapons,there were a few weapons that were my 'favorites' in a sense and usually my favorite RAH figure at the time would have it.I think I remember doing a storyline which centered around the Joes trying to get an experimental weapon.

I mix stuff all the time...like a lot of you guys said. I give characters weapons that would suit them. Unless its like a Blowtorch or somebody who has a specific specialty........but I mix weapons all the time. More so with my Joes than Cobras, no special reason it just seems to work out that way.