What are you reading?

Maeglin

There's a similar thread over at the music forum, and I was wondering what people might be reading at the moment, whether it be comic, magazine, or book.

Right now, I'm going to start reading the 5th WOT book, Fires of Heaven I believe. If it's anything like The Shadow Rising, it'll be a great read!

Reading the Essentials....

Howard the Duck volume one

Conan volume one

Thor volume one

After those are finished I'll finish off the Essentials by reading Dr. Strange and Ant-man just in time for the newest Essential the Human Torch to come out in August!

LOTR - Return of the King for right now. I might try and re-read the Hobbit, but it's hard to get into.

Transformers Generation 1 Vol. 2

Transformers More Than Meets the Eye

Battle of the Planets/Thundercats :)

I might try and re-read the Hobbit, but it's hard to get into.

I know what you mean, man. That used to be my favourite book when I was little, but now I have such trouble getting into it, because it was written for kids, and I know the story so well. I've tried twice and have failed to get past the third chapter each time :cry: .

LOTR - Return of the King for right now.  I might try and re-read the Hobbit, but it's hard to get into.

Lies! The Hobbit is the greatest book ever. I've read it upwards of fifty times. I can finish the book cover to cover in as little as 2 hours these days.

WOT book 6: Lord of Chaos by Robert Jordan. I hope this'll be better than Fires of Heaven, which wasn't that bad, but not as good as the Shadow Rising.

only read comics these days , seemed to have lost my patience with books at the moment , doh! I read these titles atm.

New X-men

Uncanny X-men

Ultimate X-men

Ultimates

Ultimate Spider-man

Amazing Spider-man

Batman

JLA

Green Lantern

Y-The Last Man

Lucifer

Transformers G1 v2

Transformer MTMTE

Star Wars Empire

Star Wars Republic

thats all i can think of off my head but Im probably missing a few , I really need to cut down my list but there are alot of good titles out at the moment!

Comics...

Recently I've been re-reading the Kevin Smith Daredevil issues. (The Guardian Devil arc, issues 1-8 of the current series.) Fun Stuff there. Despite the fact that I'm quite annoyed with Kevin Smith taking on so much work that he simply fell behind deadline in EVERYTHING, I can't deny that the man can write a compelling story.

Books...

Since I've started writing scripts again, I've been looking through Robert McKee's book, "Story", again. There isn't a better book out there as far as cracking open the art of screen-writing goes.

That's about it for me. I haven't had much time to read much else lately.

Cheers.

Currently printing:

Agent X

Captain Marvel

Ultimates

Ulitmate X-Men

G.I. Joe

TFG1V2

X-Men: Phoenix (mangaverse)

MotU

Fantastic Four 'Unthinkable' arc.

Recently:

Earth X Saga

Kingdom Come

Watchmen

Superman: Red Son (Yuck!!)

Astroboy!

X-Men: Ronin (mangaverse)

ive been reading:

Comics- Ghost Rider mostly

The Deathworld Trilogy: One of the best books i have ever read

Warcraft and Diablo trilogies: havent been reading yet, but will be soon

Can I catch up to current via tps?

Yup the current issue is #11 I think and I know there is already a tpb of #1-5 and the second tpb shouldnt be too far away if it isnt out already :)

• 2 weeks later...

WOT Book 7: Crown of Swords by Robert Jordan. I swear, if it has a bunch of unneccessary chapters dragging down the book like Lord of Chaos, I'm going to seriously contemplate giving up on the series. Damn him for having good endings!

lets see surrent titles

batman

trinity(bats,sups.WW)

MOTU

Uncanny Xmen

New Xmen

Ultamate Spiderman

Namor

Venom(im gonna stop. it's crap)

spawn

Punisher

Casefiles:sam and twitch

amazing spiderman

recently

xtrme xmen

9 i stopped when gambit and rouge lost thier powers)

kindom come

origin

I have ebbn working on getting all the Xmen and Uncanny back issues i need. only 14 more and I have all Xmen!!

• 2 weeks later...

I'm reading:

GI Joe: Frontline

GI Joe

GI Joe vs The Transformers

Human Defense Corps

Kore

Lone

Misplaced

Mystique

Star Wars: Empire

Star Wars: Republic

Superman: Red Son

Transformers G1 V2

Voltron

Y: The Last Man

Captain America

I'll also pick up something random if it interests me...

as for books

I'm in the middle of Buffy TVS: The Wisdom of War by Chris Golden,

I'm in the middle of the NJO series (finished Traitor, but waiting for the series to be written to Unifying Force before continuing),

I'm in the middle of LOTR: Return of the King --- can't decide if I'm going to finish it or just wait for the movie,

I'm kind of reading "50 in 50" a book of short stories by Harry Harrison

and finally I flip through a few DIY books to learn how to repair things around the house.

I usually like to have several things going at once -- ya' know, I'm not always in the mood to read a book so I'll read some comics, but when I'm at lunch at work, I'll just bring a book, etc...

I'm really enjoying re-reading the original Marvel GI Joe comics. Since Image came out with their new titles it's been really fun reliving the past. I'm on issue 104. I'm missing a few issues, but I'm using eBay to fill in the gaps.