****Batman 615 SPOILERS*****

cpthowdy

Hi everybody. I was listining to kroq on the way to work today, a local radio staion here in Los Angeles. Well one of the guys on the morning show is really into Batman. So one of the listeners called in, who worked for a company that shipped or distriputed comic books. He said he read the latest issue of Batman and that....

SPOILERS BELOW

....Batman tells Catwoman that he is Bruce Wayne. Thought you guys might want to know that.

Its a very good story. I started reading Batman again with 612. Is the guy who has been pulling the string Two-Face or is her just the next villian in line to get a shot at Bats?

Also can someone catch me up to speed on a few things. Where is Robin (Tim Drake), Why does Gordon no longer have a badge? It seema Batman and Catwoman have a thing going on but I was flipping through the newest issue of JLA and it seemed Batman and Wonder Woman were dating or something, whats up with that????

Hey,that sounds interesting.I want to pick up one too,but is this a new story or it is part of a story?I dont want to cut in.

Also can someone catch me up to speed on a few things. Where is Robin (Tim Drake), Why does Gordon no longer have a badge? It seema Batman and Catwoman have a thing going on but I was flipping through the newest issue of JLA and it seemed Batman and Wonder Woman were dating or something, whats up with that????

Robin - Has his own series, runs with Young Just....er...The Teen Titans in his free time. Currently dating the Spoiler, but my understanding is that fans of that relationship should start worrying. Rumor has it that he's also getting a new writer, which makes fans like me happy. (I still miss Chuck, but oh well. Though, since he's no longer writing YJ, maybe they could get PAD to write it.)

Gordon - Retired. It's funny, but I can't remember if it was a result of the "Officer Down" story, or what happened there...I never read Bats himself till recently, just Robin, Nightwing, and BoP.

The Catwoman/Batman/Wonder Woman thing is a mystery to everyone. It seems like a complete breakdown in DC's editorial communication...which based on the recent shakeup in that department, it may have been. My guess is that we'll see some backpedaling and an almost whiplash-inducing 180 on that little plot development in JLA...especially if Selina now knows "the secret".

Back issues???? Heck I have to go to my comic shop when they open on the day its released. I had a problem getting #613, I started reading it way back with #608. Just cause of Jim Lee.........i'm glad I did its unreal and it got my back into comic shops again looking for comics. I won't be surprised if he does tell catwoman eventually, but I thought the next ish was gonna be centered around Nightwing and Bats.

so who the villian? does anyone know yet?

thee villian is known as "Hush", and there are many guesses to his identity....

Possible Spoilers

(just playing it safe :D )

ranging from Two-Face to Jason Todd(?!) to whoever....

Wow! I picked up the issue yeterday, and it was great!

SPOILERS BELOW

I was half right on who Hush was, it seems as though it is Two-Face, or should I say Harvey Dent. It appears as though Harvey has had some plastic surgey to restore himself to his former image before the accident that created the Two-Face persona. It also looks like Joker is going to bite the big one. A great issue all around. And Batman did reveal to Selena who he really was.

Great issue!

Spoilers

Hush revealing that he was Harvey was exciting, but Batman revealing his secret to Selina was even more exciting. IT'S ABOUT DAMN TIME!!!!!!!!!!!

I wonder if Batman suspects him yet?

Just picked up this issue today. Continues to impress. Im glad Bruce actually told Catwoman. I remember a few years back when it was hyped he was gonna tell Vivky Vale and it turned out to be a dream or something dumb like that. I also like the scenes between Nightwing and Batman. Batman-"your right" Nightwing- "I am?" Batman- "Its none of your damn business." :)

hmmm... i guess i'm the only person that didn't like the fact Batman revealed himself to Catwoman. i just don't like the fact that Batman is trusting a known criminal his idenity.i'm sure there not gonna have her turn on him but i think it's kinda unrealistic and totaly unbatman like for him to trust her that much. the batman i grew up with would have thought, what if she got pissed off at me and than he would automaticaly quote that old saying "hell has no fury like a woman's scorn" (or however it goes) people (especialy lovers) will do stupid things to each other out of anger and the batman i know would have came up with that same conclusion. if he didn't tell viki vale, why would he tell an excon who has tides to the underworld who he is??

i know people are gonna say"well everybody needs love including batman."

no he doesn't. he gave up that choice when he took that oath at his parents grave. he's freakin' batman! he doesn't need a wife...only his mission. atleast that's how it's been for over 50 years.

don't get me wrong, it's a good story but the site of batman getting all mushywith catwoman makes my stomach turn. :P

i hated when superman finaly hooked up with lois also. every other comic he was shouting "LOISSSS!!!!" like he was some whipped monkey or when he was getting beatup he would say something stupid like "i think of lois and it gives me strength to win" :roll:

they are already making batman daydream about her in almost every issue lately, i hope batman comics don't turn into romance novels!

hmmm... i guess i'm the only person that didn't like the fact Batman revealed himself to Catwoman. i just don't like the fact that Batman is trusting a known criminal his idenity.i'm sure there not gonna have her turn on him but i think it's kinda unrealistic and totaly unbatman like for him to trust her that much. the batman i grew up with would have thought, what if she got pissed off at me and than he would automaticaly quote that old saying "hell has no fury like a woman's scorn" (or however it goes) people (especialy lovers) will do stupid things to each other out of anger and the batman i know would have came up with that same conclusion. if he didn't tell viki vale, why would he tell an excon who has tides to the underworld who he is??

i know people are gonna say"well everybody needs love including batman."  

no he doesn't. he gave up that choice when he took that oath at his parents grave. he's freakin' batman! he doesn't need a wife...only his mission. atleast that's how it's been for over 50 years.

don't get me wrong, it's a good story but the site of batman getting all mushywith catwoman makes my stomach turn.  :P  

i hated when superman finaly hooked up with lois also. every other comic he was shouting "LOISSSS!!!!" like he was some whipped monkey or when he was getting beatup he would say something stupid like "i think of lois and it gives me strength to win"  :roll:  

they are already making batman daydream about her in almost every issue lately, i hope batman comics don't turn into romance novels!

I don't totally disagree with you but I think it makes the character more real. Batman is just a human when it comes down to it and has the same needs any of us have. Its not like he just met her (like they always do in the movies) as was said in this story He has known here as long as he has known Nightwing. Its a little surprising that she had know clue, course then again maybe she did. Somewhere down the road I am sure some writer will play with the idea of her betraying him, who knows but still it gives the charcater a element of realisim which I think makes the story more interesting.

oh yeah, no doubt that this is a great story and i'm intrested to see how it turns out myself. you know, i probably wouldn't have had a problem if they made catwoman say something like "i've known it for years bruce" that way we would know she could be trusted if she knew all along even when she was a criminal, and never took advantage of that information. the only way i can see purpose of her not knowing is like you said JAYC, she later uses this information and betray him some way, that's why the readers aren't given the reassurance that she won't. which might be an intresting story in itself and will show why batman is destined to be alone for all the people who want him to have a lil' girlfriend. 8)

take this with a grain of salt. i don't wanna get rumors started, but i read on the net somwhere, can't remember exactly where, i'll try and find the site..........POSSIBLE SPOILER

catwoman is killed or presumed dead by either joker or harley. again take it with a grain of salt, cause i am skeptic to believe it myself. but who knows

take this with a grain of salt. i don't wanna get rumors started, but i read on the net somwhere, can't remember exactly where, i'll try and find the site..........POSSIBLE SPOILER

possiable spoiler

NOOOOOO!!!!!!!! that's just as bad! i'm tired of batman always blaming himself when someone he loves dies or gets hurt, which is exactly what's gonna happen when or if she dies. it always leads him into growing a stubble and going into self destruction mode. i like batman to be confident and use his head when he patrols the night. instead he's gonna end up turning into a maniac trying to get himself kill and fighting nightwing, robin, or whoever he's gonna shut out. i've just got back into comics, i hope batman comic books haven't gotten this predictable.

Yeah I hope that doesn't happen cause that would really cheapen a great story. killing off you know who....... but I don't think selina will actually cause bruce any harm physically....more on the emotional side. I don't think she will reveal his idenity either to anybody dangerous. But I think she will do something to keep her villian persona around eventually. But I have no clue what that may be.

It's possible that Bats and/or Catwoman are still under the affects of Poison Ivy. Or maybe Loeb is just trying to mirror the Golden Age Bat/Cat relationship. I hope he's not planning on killing off Catwoman. She would end up coming back, but it would mess up Bats for a while and I agree with Chazz. And Hush could still be Jason Todd. The Two Face thing could be a distraction. We have four more issues to find out.

It's possible that Bats and/or Catwoman are still under the affects of Poison Ivy.

WOW! :o great point, i hadn't thought of that! now that would totaly be understandable in this situation.

It's possible that Bats and/or Catwoman are still under the affects of Poison Ivy

Maybe Catwoman but I don't know about Bats???? That would be an easy way of having Selena forget his identity. Like when Poison Ivy's spell wanders off it leaves the person with amnesia.......who knows???? I hope not though...I kinda like the idea of catwoman as somewhat of a hero/villian.