new wave 7 pics on main page

Admiral Snackbar

I just really hope that these are prototypes man I mean these to me looked like they were going to be the best wave and now they have thoae diapers on!!!!!........... :evil:

I just really hope that these are prototypes man I mean these to me looked like they were going to be the best wave and now they have thoae diapers on!!!!!........... :evil:

Dont worry about those diapers number 1! im for sure we'll see that changed as well as kamakura's neck! but i'll tell ya what i'm loving that Destro as is! grunt..........not so much?

TM

YEP! these are the exact same hasbro sent images of the wave 7 figures we have been seeing all along! click on one of those pics to get the close up! look at the paint jobs, good lord! it looks like i painted them! hand painted resin figures im sure now! :D

TM

No one is doubting that they aren't prototypes. But that doesn't mean that those crotches aren't in the final product. This is a design issue.

And people more in-the-know have confirmed (hearsay, but still) that these crotches are indeed gonna be a part of these figures.

YEP! these are the exact same hasbro sent images of the wave 7 figures we have been seeing all along! click on one of those pics to get the close up! look at the paint jobs, good lord! it looks like i painted them! hand painted resin figures im sure now! :D

TM

No one is doubting that they aren't prototypes. But that doesn't mean that those crotches aren't in the final product. This is a design issue.

And people more in-the-know have confirmed (hearsay, but still) that these crotches are indeed gonna be a part of these figures.

hearsay! wether they are "in-the-know " or not its still hearsay! im just going off the evidence i've collected thus far like:

1)the photo figures from wave 2/3 from the convention how they said they were resin hand painted prototypes "that break easy!" the ones with broken thumbs prove this! "blowtorch"

2)diaper crotches on the photofigures from the catalogs packaged with previous wave figures!then these figures hitting stores without diaper crotch!

3)e-bay prototypes without this crotch problem?

4)e-bay prototypes showed totally disassembled showing 0-ring design!

5) i dont want them to have diaper crotch! so i'm willing it to not happen with magic!

that is all

Toiletmonkey

TM

hearsay! wether they are "in-the-know " or not its still hearsay! im just going off the evidence i've collected thus far like:

1)the photo figures from wave 2/3 from the convention how they said they were resin hand painted prototypes "that break easy!" the ones with broken thumbs prove this! "blowtorch"

2)diaper crotches on the photofigures from the catalogs packaged with previous wave figures!then these figures hitting stores without diaper crotch!

3)e-bay prototypes without this crotch problem?

4)e-bay prototypes showed totally disassembled showing 0-ring design!

5) i dont want them to have diaper crotch! so i'm willing it to not happen with magic!

that is all

Toiletmonkey

You know I hope your magic skills are up to par! :D

Draven

Credit where it's due.

Im glad they switched the unifying emblem from the brand logo to the "Star and Stripes".

It's no American flag, but it looks TONS better than what came before in this line. And probably easer to cover up with the Spy Poops gear.

Not enought to make up for the diaper groin and crappy elbow design. But still a minor improvement

When are they going to stop with this Spy-troops thing?

You're kidding, right?? :lol:

Seriously, though . . . if they ARE going to beat us over the head with the Spy Troops stuff, they really need to up the ante.

A freaking ghillie suit does not a good disguise make. Or even a cool one.

And when they finally tire of this Spy Poops shtick theyll only come up with some other dumber, possibly dumber gimmick.

I don't understand people's opposition to Spy Troops. If I take away the spy gear, and showed you figures like Tunnel Rat, Shipwreck, or Hacker, would you know they were done harm by a gimmick? No. Just put the 'gimick' away. I can understand complaining about Sound Attack, Goofy Go-Kart vehicle, and quality in general... but the Spy Troops is just a target for needless whining.

But I can't imagine what the next series will be like... It probably WILL suck, and involve permenant alterations to the toys, like sound chips or light n' springs action...

Tom

And when they finally tire of this Spy Poops shtick theyll only come up with some other dumber, possibly dumber gimmick.

I don't understand people's opposition to Spy Troops. If I take away the spy gear, and showed you figures like Tunnel Rat, Shipwreck, or Hacker, would you know they were done harm by a gimmick? No. Just put the 'gimick' away.

That's how my brother is, always going on about how dumb the disguises are. I keep telling him, dude, just throw them out and you got a cool figure without the that xtra crap.

Hey, the Spy Troops gear itself, makes for great customizing potential, with all the shields and helmets and so on. :D

The concept of it, is what I think irks the adult collecting community, just like the whole versus thing on the 2-packs, in order to give a little background to the pairing up of a Joe & Cobra.

Yeah, it's silly to us, but whenever my wife comes around my Joe work shop or catches me setting up figures for pictures, then spending hours typing away messages to all you folks, well....she thinks I'M pretty "silly" also! :lol:

While I don't like the excuse (as it is sometimes used in these forums) of these toys being "for the kids" which is suppose to explain away some of the goofier ideas, I DO want the toys to be geared with that kind of youthful appeal or play value in mind for them.

A McFarlane style line of G.I.Joes would not interest me one single bit, and although I'm constantly harping on about details & such, which are exactly what made McFarlane figures so cool, it's not the same, if my Joes were in a different scale & with less points of articulation.

On this argument about Joes being "for kids"...I'll only add that, this is of course the targeted market, but some of the goofy concepts are likely made up, in order to appeal to the, sometimes demanding, big wigs of the BIG 3 retail chains (we hear that excuse a lot as well :wink: )

Like a unified logo? 2-packs? Sound gimmicks? Diaper crotches? 8) aaah..got 'cha on that last one!

When are they going to stop with this Spy-troops thing?

You're kidding, right?? :lol:

Seriously, though . . . if they ARE going to beat us over the head with the Spy Troops stuff, they really need to up the ante.

A freaking ghillie suit does not a good disguise make. Or even a cool one.

Spy Troops should end this year (for both the figures and vehicles). Action Attack is already headed to the upcoming vehicles like the Grizzly Patriot, Twin Blitz, Ringneck and the like. Shooting weapons and sounds and stuff like that; motorized, electronic sh!t.

As far as ST on the figures, I'll take ghillie suits over any "disguise" any day of the week. Ghillie suits are great for stealth and concealment. They're used in real life by Marine Scout/Snipers. Though the ones the Joes get aren't the most realistic, it's still pretty decent.

And really, it's not the ST that really ruins the figures if the figure is already crappy at its core. Though, it is possible that some figures have to be designed in a way so they can properly wear the gear.

Get over the Spy Troops gear, it's for kids, not whiny adults who are just too smart to see the possibilities.

We can always count on Freddy to come in and bash the "adult collector" . . . as he perceives it, that is.

VH's take on Spy Troops is correct. They make for some cool custom fodder. And that is precisely why I don't like the overuse of the ghillie suits. Sure, they are cool, and realistic, but I would much rather they be used sparingly, and actually fit in with the character that it comes with.

As it stands, the ghillie suits are included because they're a cheap-ass way for Hasbro to keep the figures "technically" Spy Troops. Why spend time and money designing armour that custom fits (sometimes) each new mold, when just throw on a ghillie suit, and voila! Cobra can't recognize 'em!!

As for figures being affected by the spy gear, yes they are. Would I be able to tell which ones were in a "blind" test? Not at all, since as 8speed said, if the figure is "crappy at its core" you wouldn't be able to tell if it's because it was designed that way (Shipwreck with ridiculously giant cartoon monster proportions) or if it's to compensate for the spy gear. (Barrel Roll being ridiculously skinny to fit armour)

It all really depends, though, because IMO, if you take Hacker's spy gear off, he looks freaking stupid, but with, he looks pretty bad-ass. IMO the color scheme doesn't completely work with the gear on, but it's close enough.

Very well said VH.

I second that!

Draven

me too!

Shucks...I must have been on a roll yesterday? :lol:

yet again... NO CHROME. Bleah. Even the 97 got chrome...

Im now taking bets for the next version to have the red sweater seen in the minicomics. Maybe a gold head too

oh yeah! chrome would of been good! but i like the Destro the way he is, plus i can see tons of custom potential in that destro i'll end up with alot of him i think!

TM