new wave 7 pics on main page

Admiral Snackbar

Well the only guys that have huge crothches are Widescope and NC

so its not to bad guess :-?

One thing i hate is the swivel knee or whatever you call it.

I just dont like it and then you can't really customize with the legs (the bottom),

i think the huge crotches are prototypes, and they better be

I'm sick of the same swords being reused all the time

I'd like to see new Ninja weapons that are thinner vs. these thick crappy swords they keep giving the new figures

I certainly hope so! I'm not even all that impressed with Destro at this stage!

Night Creeper, Wide Scope and don't forget Red Spot also, (who wasn't pictured) all have that dandy "diaper" crotch thingy going on. :-?

I hope some NEW pictures come up soon after the convention of all these and it's likely we're being deliberately tortured and kept waiting TILL THEN, while the hasbro folks have a giggle at our expense! 8) "heh heh heh..DIAPER crotches? Should we tell 'em NOW or wait?"

:evil: "oh no...we'll let 'em WAIT!"

You can tell from the pics that those are obviously not the finished products.

We've never heard THAT before!! @-@ :lol:

I remember not so long ago, a berating I took from another Joe fan, who claimed we all must be idiots to think Hasbro would release a Viper with Gray lower legs that "are clearly just the unpainted prototypes for the convention!" @*-

I'm hoping your right though Prozac...although I have a baaad feeling on this one. :wink:

Hmm... I really like that Lady Jaye, except for her MANLY MANLY arms. They look really strange compared to the rest of her. I guess she's not as bad as the previous female Joe figures... they have a pretty bad history like that. :lol: ;)

And oh man... those crotches are just... really terrible. >_< I'm liking the yellow BAT very much, but then I'd get stuck with Diaper-man. :-?

Yeah I'm really digging that Lady Jaye...i just wish she had her spears :-? , I still don't know what to think about that nightcreeper.....but other than the diaper crotches i'm excited to get this wave. Mainly for Lady Jaye and Kamakura...I'm gonna try and stay positive. :D

Except for the diaper crotches and some other errors,Wave 7 is looking good and much better than Wave 6.If you notice,there are A LOT of army builder figures inserted into this Wave,perhaps Hasbro has decided to feed the demand.Army builders include the BAT,COILS,Night Creeper,Iron Grenadier.I have a feeling that Grunt may be used as a Joe army builder 'greenshirt' as well.I think my favorite out of the whole Wave may be Lady Jaye...I've heard the hat was removeable,but it doesn't look to be that way.I agree with a few others here that state that Hasbro should stop reusing old accessories and start making new ones,but I think they usually do that when they intend to have a Wave of all new molds,so Wave 8 might have all new weapon molds.I'm a little disappointed that there are no images of Red Spot and the COILS,I was really digging the COILS figure,but didn't care much for Red Spot,but I did want to see better camera shots of him.There's nothing of Big Brawler either...but I think Wave 7 looks better than Wave 6,it's got a better choice of old favorites,more new molds,and a few older molds that some of us may have missed out on or didn't want to purchase the first time around.

I just hope they don't have the diaper crotches.... :x

Though I stopped buying GI Joes, I may pick up the pack that has Lady Jaye in it. That looks like one awesome figure.

Cheers.

Has anyone noticed that the dog that comes with SWAT/Shockwave has a harness molded on, but it doesn't attach to the leash? I hope they just used the leash in the shot for the prototype, and that a better one with come with the figure.

My “first-look” review:

**DISCLAIMER**-- Of course I don't have these in-hand, but most of the time my opinion changes very little from the pics at this stage compared to the final product on the pegs. Still, all is subject to change. :P

SWAT: The head, torso, and the dog accessory look absolutely amazing!! Perfect look for this type of character. Unfortunately, the rest of him suffers immensely from Hasbro's muddling with the standard figure construction. Look at the poor elbow joint construction, and the out of proportion fore-arms. They look like they are hanging on by a thread. His dog is gonna run away towards some Cobra dude and rip his arms clean off! The legs are ruined by the crotch piece, which I'll leave alone due to all the other discussion about it. The legs themselves are fine, but are too long, and the grey camo is not only unnecessary, it looks like crap. Great reuse on the accessories, as they fit the character well. Lastly, I was initially afraid of what seemed like baby blue for this guy, but it looks pretty good. If anything, an easy custom would be to replace the arms and crotch, and paint the legs a darker blue, if not black. B-

BAT: Improvement over the first, but not much. The arm attachments and back pack are nice, but should have been included with the first one, so it's more like "It's about d@mn time!" than "Cool!" This still pales in comparison to the BATS pack BAT, not to mention RAH v1, but with additional paint apps this is a cool figure. 3 main problems still here: Size is way too big, the ninja style of the waist/legs doesn't fit the BATs, and the paint apps are terribly boring. Unless you're RAH Snake Eyes v2, you gotta have more than 3 colors on there, man!! B

KAMAKURA: Nice-looking figure, although the character is more blah than Blaylock's sense of humor. Great sculpting here, with one the first good-looking cloth mask sculpts in GvsC. No prominent lips, nose, and chin clefts sticking out here! Very reminiscent of RAH Firefly v1, and menacing-looking enough without being cheesy, but not so laid back that it's boring. Figure construction looks excellent, with nice proportions, and a great color scheme, with little enough silver flare that it's not too over-the-top for a ninja. Although any real ninja would rather not paste bicycle reflectors to their shins! @-@ Aside from that, he looks a little thick around the waste due to no compensation for the extra girth of the waist piece, but that's a minor gripe. Worst thing here: the accessories. Snoooooooooooze. Is that a knife on the floor there? Is that new? Or is that even a knife? Oh, well. A great figure that just needs custom weapons. The Figure: A. Accessories: F-.

NIGHT CREEPER: This guy combines both of the major flaws from Kamakure and SWAT. Nice one Hasbro! His accessories are total garbage, and he's got the diaper crotch. The Spy gear is Wet-Suit, I guess? Please. What a joke. Otherwise, this is a cool figure. I like this sculpt a lot, from the mask details, to the collar, to the sculpted toes on the feet. Also, the baby blue fear here is also subsiding . . . IMO the color scheme works great. Too bad about the accessories, since Night Creepers are characters that really need cool gear to define them. Like the BATs, though, maybe we gotta wait until v2. :roll: B-

LADY JAYE: Okay, this just totally convinced me---until they can prove otherwise, I think Hasbro should stop IMMEDIATELY the production on any future female figures. They have proved for the third time that with GvsC, they can't help but #@&% 'em up! Her face looks like a skeleton, or an alien. Look at the size of her neck. And that bare chest . . . man that looks disgusting. How insulting. Given the overall body proportions, now matter how huge Hasbro tries to make the women's breasts, they always look more like beefed up male pecs. Just stop. Now. Not to mention the "as usual" He-Man shoulders, biceps, and forearms, which is no surprise. I know most of you guys love this figure, because you all love Lady Jaye (so do I!!!) and this is one figure which doesn't completely decimate the original's costume/character concept, and she comes with those two cool sliver pistols. But no. This is not a good figure. Don’t get me wrong, the details are nice, and it’s technically well done etc., but I don't care how ugly you all think the original LJ mold is . . . this GvsC one makes the original look like Playmate of the Year. To add further insult, her forearms are attached just like SWAT's. D

IRON GRENADIER: Well, I’m a big fan of the Wave 5 version, so I’m already biased. Yeah, the mask still won’t fit right on his head. Yes, his face will still stick out from under the lenses on the mask. Yes, the arm/hand construction is still questionable. Yes, his lower legs are still too scrawny. But, it’s still hands-down the best GvsC army-builder mold. (Yes, better than the Sand Viper, sorry.) And, I still totally dig the IG concept even though why would they be with Cobra blah blah blah. Plus, the new paint scheme echoes a bit more closely the original IGs color scheme, so my inner fanboy is a sucker for that type of thing. A

GRUNT: I don’t like the Grunt mold very much. His head looks dopey, his legs look like limp noodles hanging from his waist. With this 2-pack version, he doesn’t seem to be recolored at all, unless I’m missing something, and that is odd in and of itself. Then we get re-used Spy Troops gear (yay.) a pretty cool scope rifle (is that new?) and the new CLAWS helmet. I’ve always hated the CLAWS. Every one of the recolors, every one of them. They look horrible, O-ring or not. Stupid little mokey people, with stupid huge hands, tiny legs, and Star Wars wannabe masks. But at the same rate, (and this is kind of a general rule for me regarding ALL GvsC figures) I always thought that the concept artwork looked a million times better than the figure itself. That said, this is first time we see a CLAWS incarnation that looks even remotely like the original artwork, so now through the brilliance of G.I. Joe customizing, we may be able to finally see the first cool CLAWS figure thanks to this Spy Troops helmet. C-

DESTRO: Poor, poor Destro. Hasbro really has it in for him. A man of such distinction, elegance, history, and class . . . and they are always trying to make him look so %#$@ing ugly!!! What’s up??!! Okay, so this time around it’s not like all of that, and any, I repeat ANY Destro mold, I don’t care if it’s designed by a 3-week-old ostrich/flying fish hybrid flopping around on a sketch pad with a drawing pencil freshly impaled in its skull . . . it’s gonna be infinitely better than GvsC Wave 1’s Destro. That said, the design this time around is much better suited towards Zartan . . . especially the Devil’s Due “new” look, what with the turtleneck and all. In fact, that’s probably what I’ll do with this figure is make a Zartan custom. But back on topic . . . it’s pretty cool. It’s menacing enough for Destro, although a bit over-buff. Unlike GvsC v1, it doesn’t make you laugh right away . . . although upon further inspection he seems to have raided RAH Shipwreck V1’s closet. :lol: I do like the head sculpt a lot. Looks more like facepaint than a mask, but it’s still cool. He’s got a necklace . . . not the kind we’ve come to expect, but it’s a start, yeah? His guns are pretty cool, I dig that shotgun, but I’m not really feeling that waist gear . . . seems like an afterthought. But, overall, with all the other crap flying around . . . why nitpick on this fig? It’s obviously Destro, it’s a well-proportioned figure that looks pretty bad-@$$, has no neon paint on it, and no weird body construction. It’s not the perfect Destro, but it’s cool. A-

KAMAKURA: Worst thing here: the accessories. Snoooooooooooze. Is that a knife on the floor there? Is that new? Or is that even a knife?

Yes, I think it's new.

IRON GRENADIER: Well, I’m a big fan of the Wave 5 version, so I’m already biased. Yeah, the mask still won’t fit right on his head. Yes, his face will still stick out from under the lenses on the mask. Yes, the arm/hand construction is still questionable. Yes, his lower legs are still too scrawny. But, it’s still hands-down the best GvsC army-builder mold. (Yes, better than the Sand Viper, sorry.) And, I still totally dig the IG concept even though why would they be with Cobra blah blah blah. Plus, the new paint scheme echoes a bit more closely the original IGs color scheme, so my inner fanboy is a sucker for that type of thing. A

Despite all that, you still gave him a A? Sh!t dude, since having the Wave 5 IG, if I were to give a review now, I'd give him a 6/10.

-1 for the crappy hands can't hold his weapons well.

-1 for arms not being able to go down to its sides.

-1 for swivel-head.

-1 for the crappy color accessories.

If at least the first problem (which is sorta tied to the second problem) was absent, I could probably ignore the rest.

I love the IGs and the concept (being part of Destro's army) behind them in RAH too, but this thing doesn't quite cut it.

GRUNT: ) a pretty cool scope rifle (is that new?)

No, it's not new. It is JvC Wave 4 Duke's M4 SOPMOD.

NIGHT CREEPER: . The Spy gear is Wet-Suit, I guess? Please. What a joke.

Maybe you should consider using the scuba gear as additional gear for the NC to partake in sea ops.

I think this is going to me my favorite wave of all and 8speed thanks for the info when they are going to come out August is good for me because I can get some money by then :D

I think this is going to me my favorite wave of all and 8speed thanks for the info when they are going to come out August is good for me because I can get some money by then :D

What i have heard is that wave 7 will be out by sometime in early jun-early july, and that wave 8 will be out augest-september, i read it in another post, and i think they will anounce the exact date at the convention, which i tihnk what i have heard is true.

If at least the first problem (which is sorta tied to the second problem) was absent, I could probably ignore the rest.

I love the IGs and the concept (being part of Destro's army) behind them in RAH too, but this thing doesn't quite cut it.

I can see your point, but I don't really have a problem with his hands/arms, or even the non-ball joint head. For whatever reason, it's not a big deal on this particular fig for me. I really can't logically explain that one. :lol:

As for the colored accessories, looks like they're black this time around.

Thanks a lot for the weapons info, though . . . you're always the go-to guy on that front! :D

YEP! these are the exact same hasbro sent images of the wave 7 figures we have been seeing all along! click on one of those pics to get the close up! look at the paint jobs, good lord! it looks like i painted them! hand painted resin figures im sure now! :D

TM