art asylum fools

venal4

now i know part of the reason why no one like AA. look at the kirk, they release sometunic kirk, and leave the onw with the uniform for comic con exclusives? wtf

now i know part of the reason why no one like AA. look at the kirk, they release sometunic kirk, and leave the onw with the uniform for comic con exclusives? wtf

I like AA Alot :-?

AA had orginally planned to release the yellow shirt kirk as part of the deluxe set with captains chair and then that got axed by the retailers. So the only alternative for now is the conventions but they have said they are looking to have it released through other means.

The chair is a completely different situation. The cost to produce the chair is astronomical, to take it from it's development stage, to prototype, then for tooling costs. That along with the fact that Broken Bow Deluxe sold poorly and retailers aren't putting any orders in for the Deluxe sets, Art Asylum has had to change their plans. A company cannot spend all that money on a product that won't sell. A product that retailers won't give a chance to sell. AA's changing their plans, and decided to make Kirk an exclusive to the summer conventions, big deal. They will put Kirk out with the rest of the line, only a little later. They did it with Away Team Phlox, and that worked out just fine. So maybe instead of calling the guys at Art Asylum fools all the time, yop might lay off them a bit, because these are people who work damn hard to make the best of a difficult situation, and bring us the best Trek toys ever produced,

Of course this is just my opinion. I have mine and you are certainly entitled to yours. I just want to be sure you are aware of the facts before you make any more sweeping remarks to the ineptitude of the AA staff.

TKO the OAD

Long Live the Asylum!

Alright guys calm down a bit we don't want to have our first Star Trek lock

do we? :wink: I think in a way Venal I know what you are saying I really hate exclusives and I wish that they wouldn't exist because what they do is that they make awesome figures and then don't sell it to the people who couldn't go to the convention which is rediculous!!! But then again Hasbro, and mattel also do it so there is no reason that AA guys are fools and hasbro and mattel aren't!!! :)

i definalty think that toybiz and mattel are also fools. and yes, thats exactly what i meant. i hate exclusives and didnt see the reason that they would even make the real str tek siut kirk an exclusive ofver the tunic kirk in wave 1

While I question the wisdom of not just realeasing Kirk on card normally, its not like the Green shirt version never showed up in any episodes. Certainly appeared in more eps than Khan's outfit and Mirror Kirk & Spock's look.

I believe I read somewhere the green shirt was usually pulled out whenever Mr. Shatner wold put on a few extra pounds. It hid his weight better than the tight yellow one. It was my understanding his weight would fluxuate on a regular basis. Thats assuming the thing I had read about it was true.

ya but dont you think if they wernt idots that they would have made the trek outfit kirk the one in the first line and the other the exclusive?

Well this is mostly speculation on my part but if I had to guess for the reasoing why they orginally had planned to put the Yellow shirt Kirk with the Deluxe set was because they wanted to have it come with something that would really attract the consumer. My feeling though the Enterprise bridge sets were cool the fact they came with the exact same figures most people had just bought on cardback was why they didnt sell that well. So I think they new the retailers would be hesitant to pick up anymore deluxe sets so they tried to put something really enticing in the TOS deluxe set. However unfortunetly it wasnt enough to overcome the retailers fears that the deluxe sets just wouldnt sell so the retailers decided not to pick it up. At this point things had already moved to far along to go back and change the assortment line-ups for the first two waves. So the only alternative for now was the convention exclusive route. If the first two series of TOS sell well then I imagine retailers will be more responsive to future waves of Trek toys and AA will get the Yellow Shirt Kirk in a future wave of figures. You all have to keep in mind that Trek is not a easy lisence to deal with. I am sure it cost a pretty penny to obtain from Paramount because of the Trek name yet at the same time Star Trek toys have never been a huge hit in the toy asiles. Playmates I think had the most success with the license but then they were making the toys when Trek was probably at its highest point in popularity were now I think its at one of its lowest if not lowest points in its popularity. Having to start the line based on a new untried and fairly unheard of series like Enterprise and then a movie that bombed (which I am sure was due to Paramounts wishes not AA's) didnt help things either.

Art Ayslum is not a huge company like Hasbro or Mattel and Trek is a very difficult license to have and overall I think AA has put out some pretty decent products and the ones that are coming I think are going to be even better so you might try cutting them a little slack before condeming them to being fools. At least they were willing to take the risk of grabbing the Trek lisense and giving us Cool Trek toys at all.

What I really think is that AA is going to eventually make the Kirk a normal figure in one of the lines because they will most probably realize that the figure will do great as an exclusive so they will make money from making a normal figure not an exclusive :D

ive arranged someone to pick the kirk up for me at the con so thats good news

Hey Who did you ask? I would like one!!! 8)

I heard Kirk himself say he quit smoking in the second season of the show in the DVD "Mind Meld" in which was a talk between himself and Nimoy. That might explain his changing weight someone wrote about. Anyway I can't until I have my GSK this summer! James Tiberius Kirk is a true icon!

Well they come-out in a month so........... whahooooooooooooooo :)-

Well Look for this to hit shelves on July and you will probably be able to order it on online toy stores if not you can just pick it up at TRU :D

Certainly appeared in more eps than Khan's outfit and Mirror Kirk & Spock's look.

You! Quiet! I want my Mirror Spock and you're plainly trying to voodoo my TRU into not carrying him. For shame!

Whoa, hold on there, buckaroo. Believe me, I want the Mirror U gang even more than YOU do. I simply meant to point out that the green shirt wasnt a one time deal like many Playmates figures were. Perhaps I should have used that as an example. Mea culpa.

And I can buy the green shirt covering up Shatner's fondness for pie. (Mmmmm, pie) But I still think it was a pretty cool outfit. And Im happy to get that figure too, dont get me wrong. In fact I like to think the green shirt was the forbearer to Picards way cool jacket

And I really dont oppose the yellowshirt being a con only thing because I want to deny congoers a cool figure, but that I think ALL consumers should have a shot at this figure. And Im afraid that the con useage will forbid it from ever seeing retail.