Soundwave & Lazerbeak at BBTS

Knytewatch

I was going to suggest a trade thread if cassettes are infact random.

I also have a prediction for #12 or 13 in the series. GRIMLOCK!!!! At this point we can't trust what Takara says about copyrights or molds so we could expect anything :)-

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We don't know who # 11 is yet or do we....I hope it's someone new too although I think it's probably one of the seekers...

what's the deal w/shockwave anyway??? i still have one, well, I got it @ radio shack back in the day. Different color, but the spitting image of the purple one we all love. Anyone know how the heck the shack got to make a "shackwave"???

i forgot all about that one. im gonna have to go look at my 80s radio shack catalogs to find him. what year was he out?

im so excited about soundwave. and $53usd is no big deal. heck its gonna cost me about $84 cdn (w/ tax) to get him but its gonna be worth every penny.

Soundwave orginally came with Buzzaw who only appeared in the cartoon once or twice. Laserbeak was the one they always showed in the toon. Lazerbeak was red and Buzzaw was orange.

On a side note, I just dug out my old Rumble cassette a few weeks ago from my parents attic so he will soon have a new home :)-

(@) Wheww.........It has been exhausting reading through this whole post. I know Slup's in paradise over this one. Hopefuly this will be the end of the whole "What's up with Soundwave thing." I'm glad I picked up a G1 Soundwave and Buzzsaw a while back. I'm very happy with him. :D I'm happy for everyone who has been wanting this to happen for a long time now. :D

As I said Earlier I dont think Buzzsaw appeared more than one or two times

And issueing the tapes in mystery boxes is a GREAT idea TFHO, though Im not thrilled with the prospect of getting two dozen boxes and winding up with 2 dozen Rumbles.

If they do them SCF (Super Collection Figure) style, getting a full set shouldn't be a problem. Most retailers open up a bunch of cases to determine which figures they have, and then will put together whole sets to sell on eBay. Or, you can just buy a whole case yourself (usually will be 12 pieces per ACT) and that will guarantee you a full set.

As for how many ACTs they would do, here's the breakdown:

Decepticon Cassettes:

1. Laserbeak

2. Rumble

3. Frenzy

4. Ravage

5. Ratbat

6. Slugfest

7. Overkill

8. Squawktalk

9. Beastbox

Autobot Cassettes:

1. Steeljaw

2. Ramhorn

3. Rewind

4. Eject

5. Grand Slam

6. Raindance

7. Noise (aka Noizu, Japanese Excl.)

8. Graphy (aka Gurafi, Japanese Excl.)

9. Dial (aka Dairu, Japanese Excl.)

10. Saur (aka Zauru, Japanese Excl.)

So, all together that's 20 cassettes if you count Buzzsaw.

They could do them all in 3 ACTs I bet . . . my only fear would be that certain cool ones would be available only as "chase" pieces. I've been through that with the small PVCs, and if it's a really cool piece, you're basically SOL unless you're willing to spend at least $50 on eBay . . .

My hope would be that instead of making, say, Rumble a chase piece, tha they would do special recolors similar to the way they are doing the chase sets with the MicroMaster gestalts.

Also, I don't know how cool Takara would be about reissuing a bunch of Autobot cassettes without a Blaster reissue. Anyone know anything about a possible Blaster reissue, like what the "mold status" is, etc.??

There is no word on a Blaster reissue so far...Maybe he's # 11 :D I have a G-1 sealed one already, but I'd love to have a reissue though...

I have a G-1 sealed one already, but I'd love to have a reissue though...

***Shakes fists angrily at Prowl.***

Whyyyyy youuuuuuuu . . . !!!! :x

Heh, heh, j/k @-@

It's cool, though, I've got a loose one I bought on eBay that I got a few years ago verrrrrry cheap. And the tape door works!!! Still, I totally envy your MISB one, and a DW set of Blaster with at least one tape would be awesome!!

I have a G-1 sealed one already, but I'd love to have a reissue though...

***Shakes fists angrily at Prowl.***

Whyyyyy youuuuuuuu . . . !!!! :x

Heh, heh, j/k @-@

It's cool, though, I've got a loose one I bought on eBay that I got a few years ago verrrrrry cheap. And the tape door works!!! Still, I totally envy your MISB one, and a DW set of Blaster with at least one tape would be awesome!!

Yes I would agree :) I never had Blaster as a kid and there have been times where I feel like opening my Vintage one, but if he does get reissued, then my issues would be resolved :) Somehow, I do get a feeling that we may see him get reissued with Soundwave....Just a gut feeling though...

Then it's settled!!   :D  

Blaster will be #11, and then Takara will release all the tapes PVC style, and then we can get on to the rest:

#12 Grimlock

#13 Hound

#14 Mirage

#15 Sunstreaker

And so on and so forth!!   :D

PVC style?

Blaster will be #11, and then Takara will release all the tapes PVC style, and then we can get on to the rest:

#12 Grimlock

#13 Hound

#14 Mirage

#15 Sunstreaker

PVC style?

He is referring to the Takara PVC's where a random figure was inserted in a box and the only way you could get the whole set was to buy the whole box. So, in this case, all the Autobot and Decepticon cassettes would be randomly placed in boxes and the only way you could get them all was by buying a whole box full :)

PVC style?

He is referring to the Takara PVC's where a random figure was inserted in a box and the only way you could get the whole set was to buy the whole box. So, in this case, all the Autobot and Decepticon cassettes would be randomly placed in boxes and the only way you could get them all was by buying a whole box full :)

Other boxes as in the other reissues? Like say if the reissued Sunstreaker next, there would be a cassette thrown in his box?

#12 Grimlock

#13 Hound

#14 Mirage

#15 Sunstreaker

PVC style?

NO, NO, NO! That would be the stupidest idea ever. No random cassettes thrown in a box, either package them all together or make a couple of releases.

The cassettes would all be packaged together and not with other reissues...As for Wheeljack, Takara does own the rights to his mold.

NO, NO, NO! That would be the stupidest idea ever. No random cassettes thrown in a box, either package them all together or make a couple of releases.

I know! Thats what I want too. I am not getting ALL of the reissues so that would be not fair to people like me.

I seem to remember a T-Rex style cassette exclusive to Japan thats pretty rare.

Would a multi-pack of all 8 American cassettes (Plus the above mentioned T-Rex and any others be the way to go or would a couple 5 packs with an exclusive repaint or two be the way to go? I gueses either way youll still end up paying close to the same amount...

I see a HLJ exclusive set of recolors too

I guess none of you have been buying the MicroMaster gestalt reissues, huh?

Apparently not, because they're done just like the PVCs, and getting a full set is the easiest freaking thing in the world.

Packaging them all in a DW style box would be very cool also, but how would they do it? 1 for Autobot tapes and 1 for Decepticons? All together??

Nah . . . seems much more Takara's style to release them in mystery boxes.

As for putting a random cassette in each subsequent reissue?? Like Wheeljack with Ramhorn? That is a HORRIBLE idea, and they will never do that.