Face it: Toy Execs know didily

Forcehunter

Okay, we all know the main audience for toy stores are kids. But, when it comes to LOTR, it is an adult market. The toy execs had KIDS on their mind when they turned down the Balrog and took Treebeard. Guess what? Treebeard is rotting the shelves of my TRU. He's more kid friendly than the Balrog, but, I don't see kids buying LOTR. It is the adult or late teenagers buying. TRU is not making any money on Treebeard because they are still blinded that all toys are for kids only.This will only hurt the line because with these guys who are stuck with that one mentality will think LOTR does not sell, order less.

Solution: the manufacterer is the one that tested the demand among the die hards. From the petition for the Balrog: retailers would have made around $81,000 at a $60 dollar price point: the suggested price. Instead, they lost money on Treebeard, not a very popular character. The retailers must trust what the makers do and put out. THEY ARE RISKING THEMSELVES TOO. They are hurt even more because they spent the money to make it. Very simply, let the makers make, the sellers sell.

That's my rant.

Would they be able to make him look good, though?

Yes. Even if it looked like sh*t I would buy one, though. Hell, if I ever had a couple grand to spend, like for to win a game show or something, and I came across the prototype, I'd snatch it in a heartbeat.

I really, really wish they would reconsider it again. The line is incomplete without one. But no one wants to hear another of my Balrog rants, do they?

Would they be able to make him look good, though?

Yes. Even if it looked like sh*t I would buy one, though. Hell, if I ever had a couple grand to spend, like for to win a game show or something, and I came across the prototype, I'd snatch it in a heartbeat.

I really, really wish they would reconsider it again. The line is incomplete without one. But no one wants to hear another of my Balrog rants, do they?

Yes, let's hear it. I need to read another good rant.