The Earth Destroyed Again *Possible Spoiler*

JayC

The Earth is not destroyed. TV Guide had an article about this. (See other thread)

An alien race (The Xindi (Zin-dee)) comes out and "blasts a swath of destruction across North and Central America, causing epic explosions and annihilating everythingbetween Florida and Venezuela"

This will lead into the third season where Enterprise goes into their territory and attempts to prevent the Earths ultimate destruction.

One cool thing is that they will introduce a squad of commandos (non-Starfleet) who will give Enterprise some muscle (according to the article).

O these Episodes are getting more and more intresting!!!! :D'

Whoa And commandos that team up with the Enterprise AWESOME :D:D

You mean like the "Disputes" between the Voyager and the Maquis crewmembers? Yeah, we sure got a LOT of that, didnt we? :roll:

Count on maybe ONE initial dispute but then Archer and the Marine leader realize theyre fighting for the same world and they become one great big happy family

Funny how the greatest loss of human life since the Eugenics War gets glossed over completely in the history books. Even Redjak's mass murders get mentioned, and the loss of life cant be anywhere NEAR that of this attack. Nor have we ever heard of this ultra-evil race of super-aliens and the brave John Archer, the savior of humanity who vanquishes them with his one little ship.

Funny.

Well they have done it. They basically established that everthing after tonights episode is a change in history. The time travler dude said that people in the future came back and told them to attack Earth. So initially this attack was never supposed to happen. They have now left the windo open to change whatever they want. Also interesting that Starfleet must not yet be a combined military. By Kirks time All branches of the Military are under the Starfleet banner but I guess thats not the case now.

I have a question though. Who is to say the Time Traveler guy didnt really send the probe to get Enterpirse to go off on this wild goose chase in the expanse to get them out of the way for his plans. Archer bought his story just a little to easily I think.

Overall I thought that the epidode was pretty good!!! I really liked the plot

to the episode and thought that the whole Delphic Expanse thing was

really cool I liked how they had to decide whether to go into it or not

to prevent a second attack :D

Well they have done it. They basically established that everthing after tonights episode is a change in history. The time travler dude said that people in the future came back and told them to attack Earth. So initially this attack was never supposed to happen. They have now left the windo open to change whatever they want. Also interesting that Starfleet must not yet be a combined military. By Kirks time All branches of the Military are under the Starfleet banner but I guess thats not the case now.

I have a question though. Who is to say the Time Traveler guy didnt really send the probe to get Enterpirse to go off on this wild goose chase in the expanse to get them out of the way for his plans. Archer bought his story just a little to easily I think.

This saddens me deeply. Roddenberry's legacy is now no more. Overwritten like it was a mere floppy disk. This lack of regard for a good man's history is sickening. And to make matters worse the fans will defend this adulteration to the death.

• 2 weeks later...

The continuity in Enterprise is a funny thing........

There's so much that's been shown in the past two seasons that doesn't jibe with previously established Trek lore.

And that's because it wasn't meant to.

All of the historical touchstones we know of previously, won't happen the same way, or happen at all...........because they won't.

Big clue: very first episode--Villain in from the FUTURE. Meddling with the past. That means a DIVERGENT timeline and a history that is very different than what is supposed to be known.

The last episode of Enterprise as a series will feature some great climax of a stpryline where-in the crew will sacrfice themselves and their history for a future that WE know has to come about. This was written " on the wall" from day one far as I can see and nothing shown thus far disputes the premise. I'm sure more than a handful of us fans saw this very premise smack dab in front of us in that first aired episode.

In a way, its a good thing though, IMO.

They can do things with carte blanche, because it doesn't count. they can blow up Earth, or Vulcan. They can introduce whomever----------like the Borg in the recent episode--funny how there's NO record of ever encountering that race before in later series--even if they don't know their name??

(Of course, the Next Gen Eps about the "first encounter with the Borg were written almost 15 years ago--and that's just the point.)

Canon doesn't have to be followed because canon doesn't need to apply to Enterprise--until it ends.

I'm looking forward to a year-long story-arc in rhe Expanse, and the intro of new characters. I really hope the series takes some bolder strokes because so far, its been pretty humdrum.

Just my two centeros.

--Ken

Berman and Braga arent anywhere near that clever. Sure they COULD hit the giant reset button. Theyve done it to invalidate Voyager eps before (Ironically some of the best ones)

Hell, bring in traveler Wesly to discover how much history has changed from his studies at Starfleet Academy to start them off on the quest to save the imeline. Have them leap forward in time a few times. upgrading the ship and seeing the universe get worse and worse. Pick up a couple new crew members like different versions of Robert April and Barclay.

Sadly I cant really see them doing something that creative. I find it difficult to see their egos permitting them to wipe an entire seven year SERIES from existence.

I wouldn't put it past them to bring back some old faces, albeit in different forms.

I'll make a bet right now ( almost a prediction) that one of the showstoppers would be seeing William Shatner appear--playing perhaps Kirk's grandfather.

Oh, heck, throw in John Delancie as Q in the same episode--instant fun.

It'd be a ratings boost for sure.

The problem of a "retro-fit" series is that its history is already set.

The big global threats don't wash because they "can't" play out- and there's no suspense because of it.

Enterprise is undoubtedly not playing by that rule book.

Berman and Braga manned the helm of several other trek series for considerable time--they held the canon tightly. Despite their critics, I see them doing nothing differently with this series.

On the other hand, if I'm completely wrong, and those two have mudsucked us all with the most incompetent decimation of a franchise then that too would not surprise me.

Its been done before.

--Ken