Red Alert, Hasbro or Takara?

Viper

Should I buy the Hasbro Red Alert or wait for Takara to reissue him? Judging from pictures of the Hasbro version the missiles and gun are the correct color and size. I would assume that the missiles do not fire.

If I am missing anything let me know.

So, buy the non-firing Hasbro version or wait for the firing Takara version?

That is a tough one. On one hand, I am affraid that Takara will stop the bookstyle reissues yet on the other hand, I feel confident they will continue them.

I think I am gonna buy him from TRU anyway. You can always resell him later.

Personally, I'm waiting for the Takara reissue. Takara has just done a Sideswipe reissue, so Red Alert can't be too far behind. Plus, he might have the decals painted on like Sideswipe did, which would be great since Red Alert is notorious for having a fair amount of sticker wear over the years.

There are reasons for boths:

Takara because it will be the closest to the original.

Hasbro because we want them to continue reissuing them. (If everyone only bought Takara, Hasbro would stop due to poor sales)

I already preordered Red Alert. I didnt know he is not able to fire the missiles from the launcher. I buy this line depending what I see first. If hasbro releases Inferno first (as example) I buy it first from them.

Look at it this way, on the TRU reissues that dont fire missles, the missles are G1 True, at least when it comes to Silverstreak. They are the original size because they dont fire.

Do you ever shoot your missles? I dont - :lol:

Do you ever shoot your missles? I dont - :lol:

Yes, sometimes.

I guess I'll buy the Hasbro version and consider buying the Takara version when is comes out.

:evil: :evil: I say you better of waiting because if Takara modified his door decal into paint like Sideswipe, then that toy is a jem! The current Red Alert door decal is a hassle....it just kept on peeling or rolling off!!!!