New GI. JOE Headquarters question

RoyalZarak

I've been meaning to ask this. Did any of you guys get the new GI JOE headquarters that Toys R US is selling? I went there today and still saw a huge stock of them on the top shelves and haven't been touched. :lol:

If you did get one, do you like it? Is it worth $50-60?

I have the original version of this HQ's and love it. I think you will as well, plus i tend to like the color scheme on this newer one a little better anyway, so i'd grab one if I were you. :D

I bought the 2001 GI Joe headquaters at the Toy Vault. Beacause it was 40 bucks and it was pretty much the same toy. I'm curious. Did that version and the 2002 version have diffrent sound effects?

Same product, different packaging. Also, the pack-in figure's name was changed from Rock N' Roll to Flint.

I certainly dont regret buying it. Sound effects arent particularly impressive, but the play and display values more than make up for it.

Even the Flint figure has good colors. Better than his RAH version I dare say (Well, save for the typical pale RAHC skin tone, but thats really minor) I hope this mold can get used again sometime

I bought the 2001 GI Joe headquaters at the Toy Vault. Beacause it was 40 bucks and it was pretty much the same toy. I'm curious. Did that version and the 2002 version have diffrent sound effects?

Same product, different packaging. Also, the pack-in figure's name was changed from Rock N' Roll to Flint.

Thanks. I'm aware of the name change though. I kinda thought he looked more like Flint than Rock N' Roll anyway, i mean, Isn't Rock N' Roll, blonde?

Yeah I want to get the joe base, but at our TRU's its 60 freaking bucks. Thats alot for a base that....really doesnt do anything...now if it made waffles thats a different story.... :wink:

Yeah I want to get the joe base, but at our TRU's its 60 freaking bucks.  Thats alot for a base that....really doesnt do anything...now if it made waffles thats a different story.... :wink:

Amazon.com has them for $40. I bought it two years ago as well. The desert color on it is nice.

[

Thanks. I'm aware of the name change though. I kinda thought he looked more like Flint than Rock N' Roll anyway, i mean, Isn't Rock N' Roll, blonde?

You got it, sparky. At least they could have painted his hair blonde or better yet give him a blonde version of Low-Light's RAHC head. But then oversights like this are fairly common with Hasbro these days.

Amazon.com has them for $40. I bought it two years ago as well. The desert color on it is nice.

Hey thanks Beachhead...I didnt know that...thats price feel alot better to me. When I take over the world...lm going to make you the minister of finance....:) so you can keep getting my army deals like that.

Hey thanks Beachhead...I didnt know that...thats price feel alot better to me. When I take over the world...lm going to make you the minister of finance....:) so you can keep getting my army deals like that.

With shipping and tax it totals $54.85, so paying $60 a TRU would seem to be a push.

With shipping and tax it totals $54.85, so paying $60 a TRU would seem to be a push.

Isn't shipping free if its over $25.00?

you know, i see that thing everyday at TRU and wondered was i missing out on anything. :-? than i remember my RAH HQ and than i go "nahhh!" and walk off :P

you know, i see that thing everyday at TRU and wondered was i missing out on anything. :-? than i remember my RAH HQ and than i go "nahhh!" and walk off  :P

The RAH is better, but you can always merge them like I did. I use the new one as the back part of the base and old one as the front of the base. That way all sides are secured from Cobra.

Isn't shipping free if its over $25.00?

Only on some items and this one does not qualify.

they have at least 10 of them at my closest TRU.. I am waiting for them to go on sale..

I remember the website had them for 30, but I am sure the shipping cost would have been at least 20 bucks.