Mayday Part 5

Autobot_medic

Enjoy!

***PART FIVE***

It was later the following day when Jazz came to get me for a meeting. I'd turned of my internal reciever the day before and had forgotten to turn it back on. Jazz was his usuall joyous self, despite the trauma that was unfolding. Optimism is the a sign of good morale. Avia could not be found and her Autobot homing device, assuminmg she'd had one, was not functioning. She was hiding in the sector, so we thought, and she alone knew it best.

In a small computer bay Prowl was giving everyone the rundown of what the situation was and what was to happen if Avia were found. Bluestreak was there, passing out photon rifles to us all. I waved him away when it was my turn, Bluestreak knew I hated violence to begin with. I had carried a weapon for use of self defense only, as I despised killing of any kind. Our meeting was relatively short, the majority of the Autobots were at various ground stations, overlooking the perimiter for anything suspicious. I focused my attention on Prowl, who in turn looked at me, as if he were glad I were there. "The current situation leaves me absolutely no choice other than to arrest Avia for treason. Although we are not sure how long she has been working with the Decepticons, it is obvious that she has given them direct link up capabilities. All of our main defense systems are down, and will require a full replacement system which could take days to install. If Galvatron knows what this base is designed for and capable of, then a diect attack is eminent. We've recieved no communication from Sector A, nor has there been any transmission from this base since yesterday morning." When he said that I froze. "Where was the communication sent from?" I asked. "The medical station." he said.

I couldn't help but blame myself for part of this. Most of this, even. Had I done a quick scan of who Avia had contacted then I could've stopped her from meeting with Ravage, and giving him her report. Prowl told us that it was unlikely that there were anymore spies. Based on the fact that Soundwave wouldn't have had time to create or even reprogram two spies. Although it was true, the thought was still unsettling. Prowl then ended our breifing, and everyone left the room. Everyone except myself and Bluestreak.

He came up to me with a concerned look on his face. "Ratchet, what happened is not your fault. You couldn't have changed any of this, none of us could have." "Thanks." But I knew there was more, and Bluestreak was not one for holding back. "There's something else." I said. "Yeah, something else." Bluestreak hesitated, "You need to forget about her." "Why?" "Because so long as she's in you life she will only complicate it. She compromises your job, and that's not good." "I can't hear this right now." Well at some point you'll understand, things can only get more complicated with her." "So I'm to just send her from here." "Out of sight out of mind, Ratchet." "That's not the way it works with Neo PrimeStar." "And that's what is going to get you, or her, or someone else killed. Compromise. The compromise made between your job and her." He paused letting that one sink. Bluestreak had good aim, both physically and verbally. "What's Prowl's position on this matter?" I asked, trying to make the conversation less of a personal one. "Prowl's too darn busy to be brought up with this. He's got enough trouble tracking that spy and getting in contact with Sector A. This is his first, and maybe his last, chance to be in charge. Which is something Prowl's wanted for a long time. If our ship hadn't been attacked, Prowl might have the Matrix now. I know you blame yourself for Avia, but you can't. All you can do is keep it from happening again." With that, Bluestreak sidestepped me and was out of the room, his words however, remained.

I couldn't exactly seek counsel on this matter. Neo PrimeStar was my counsel. She would know, same as always, that something was wrong. I couldn't deny her anything, especially not the truth. I couldn't tell her, but at the same time I had no one else to confide in. In some sense, I believe I was frightened. The eclipse had come, the shadows still lingered thick, and the darkness was crowding the sky. If we live through the night, who's to say tomorrow will be better?

*END*