Hi-res Cobra Moutanin Playset pic

JayC

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, but this does not look like a GI Joe playset. I won't be getting it. :-?

HELL! I like it.this pic makes it look cooler then the last one! i like the barbed wire! looks like it has a helipad maybe a secret door on the left side.. so shipwreck can sneak out to meet his joe contact? i really think i'm gonna get 2, like i said in the other thread one for either side of my terror drome. that would just be kick A$$! oh wait...did anyone ever figure out the retail price???????

TM

Man I have to wait to see how it looks inside!!!! If it doesn`t look good

inside than I won`t buy it!!! And like DarthJoe said it does not look like a Joe Playset!!!! :-?

I'm not loving it, but I'm not completely hating it either! :-?

The 2 for each side of the Terrordrome idea of TM's would look cool though. Hmmmm....I dunno, more pics of it from the other side could make a difference of my opinion I guess.

uhmmm do I have to say it sucks?

well, like I was saying before.. it fits in fine with the other GvC items.. but not even close to RAH stuff..

I will say that the one thing I think would make it better is if they had a big Cobra symbol carved into the doors.

yes, that would make alot of sense.. every Cobra base ever has always had some kind of big Cobra sybol, wether it was just the red logo, or a big Cobra head carved in rock :D

Aren't those doors from the Star Wars Arena Playset?

it appears to be the center section (doors, wall, and ground) of the arena w/ new sections on top and either side.

For those that don't know, Kenner (/Hasbro) did this quite a lot in the vintage days. The SW Ewok Village, catapult and a figure or two were adapted for the Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves, a stormtrooper rifle became a Batman toy, and a cantina playset for the Butch Cassidy line.

Playsets like these have never peaked my interest (non-enclosed playsets). Neither RAH and now.... JvC.

I'll save my money for the upcoming Mobile Command Center reissue (if I'm even gonna get that - space issues really).

I will say that the one thing I think would make it better is if they had a big Cobra symbol carved into the doors.

The only thing that would prohibit that, is if it's trying to stay in line with the whole Spy Troops theme. :-?

It's probably going to be a hidden fortress amongst the mountains or something, but i have yet to figure out Shipwrecks role here?

It just doesn't have a flow to it...a little bit of a discombobulated look to it, almost like a thick Little Tykes kinda playset. Towers & gun stations thrown on it without much sense of realism to it, which is excusable for the 3-5 age group, but for our JOES? :P

Still undecided on it.

Foolin' around with it a little bit, I think even the color scheme on it could make a difference on it's overall look...maybe?

I just toned down the colors a bit, and if i had the know-how, I'd have changed some of the colors to exactly how I was thinking, but this demonstrates it to some degree.

fc2daa84.jpg

* pic below borrowed from CHAZZ's pic of it from SB

20941-CobraMountain2.jpg

And if the colors aren't so much an issue, I think the area above the large doors, could have been done differently to add appeal, for instance, the gun tower should have been spread out across the whole top, and the landing platform (if that's what is is) should have been set in back somehow. It just throws the aesthetic appeal of it out of whack..imo of course. :wink:

fc2daaf0.jpg

the barb wire around the bottom half is a nice touch though. :) i have some extra terror drome pieces and i might add them to this. like instead of that fisher price cannon at the top, i might be able to replace it with one of the cannons from the terror dome.

From Lees

https://maxvps024.maximumasp.com/v024u18lme...tail.asp?ID=280

Climb every mountain, storm every fortress...

This Cobra/GI Joe (interchangeable) Playset comes with Shipwreck™ with spy gear that disguises him as Cobra Commander. Features of the playset include a collapsing tower with rapid assault cannon, interchangeable flag and turret (GI Joe can conquer the fort and put up the Joe flag), garrison cannon launcher, throne room with secret reveal throne and extendable platform, prison cell to capture figures, wall-mounted missile launchers, viewports, opening double door that accomodate Alpha vehicles, sliding helicopter landing pad, "barbed wire" traps, battle action stand. Part of the GI JOE® SPY TROOPS® adventure this Fall.

The 44 minute DVD movie is available in the Ninja Showdown 2-pk coming

soon!