NEW crimson cat tank kbee exclusive!

Toiletmonkey1

Headman =METAL, Ma'am. Don't play stupid with me. :evil:

He's much more realistic than ANY other Joe villain, wether you wish to admit it or not. And for a toyline that centers and is based in REALITY, why do you have a problem with it?

I like Transvestite Clones who dress up like Snakes, and Green Snake men who talk with lisps as much as the next guy, but let's be real here. :evil:

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree tom, but still waiting on a Good ITALIAN Character, FBI represent lol

Hey, there are alot of good Italian characters. Does "Hey paizano, it's the Super Mario Brothers Super Show!" ring a bell? :D

Oh wait, you probably meant that in regard to GI Joe. :oops:

Tom

Headman =METAL, Ma'am. Don't play stupid with me. :evil:

He's much more realistic than ANY other Joe villain, wether you wish to admit it or not. And for a toyline that centers and is based in REALITY, why do you have a problem with it?

I like Transvestite Clones who dress up like Snakes, and Green Snake men who talk with lisps as much as the next guy, but let's be real here. :evil:

F'ING WORD.

Not to soapbox, but I am sick and tired of the arrogance some people have with Headman, and by default, the DEF. "Oh he's a drug dealer!" "Oh he wears a goofy suit!"

Well you know what? You can hate him because he sells drugs. That's the incentive hasbro gave you to dislike him. And there's nothing wrong with hating his activities as a villian - that's the greatest compliment a villianous character can get, that his actions are so twisted that you feel something towards them - but to hate him because of your stupid personal morals about drug sales? Shut up. I don't happen to like TERRORISM either, but that doesn't prevent me from knowing Cobra is a sick and monstrous organization that doesn't care about the people it hurts - AND I STILL LIKE THEM.

That's the point. You know Headman is evil, that what he does is the lowest form of villiany - and that should blast him to the top of some peoples favorites list. It's because he gets a responce from you that you should say "Wow, he really IS a threat and a horrible person." Not "Oh he sells drugs and wears a funny suit, what a LAMER."

NEXT. His outfit. Should I really comment on this? He has one of the best outfits of all the high-ranking villians. I don't care what you say. It's perfect, shut up.

And DEF is the best sub line in GI Joe history. Tiger Force, BF2000, MegaMarines - They all sucked by comparisson. HARD. I'm sure you're thinking right now "WTF BF2000 rawx!" well, no. DEF was not only realistic (what so many fans #$## and #$## about) but they were AWESOME toys. Mace, Mutt, Cutter, Headhunters, Headman.... Geez. Enough already. Accept that you really love DEF and Headman and we'll all move on.

Thanks.

Tom

*Edits made to correct the spelling of a hastily written rant. message remains the same :wink:

Im REALLY Sorry about the usual attitude display back there folks

One thing I liked about Headman was that rifle

71.jpg

A fanciful but feasible looking weapon that I think bears re-issueing.

And while I DO like the JvC version of the guy. I have to admit I wasnt thrilled with the pumpkin orange. Even though it IS in keeping with gaudy Cobra attire so the damage wasnt too bad

What I liked about the Headhunters was that it was a NEW enemy to fight. One not connected to Cobra. It was a mild dissapointment they made them part of Cobra. Though hostile takeovers arent that out of character for Cobra, so its acceptable. I can buy it a lot more than Iron Grenadier troops wearing Cobra Sigils

The DEF had some REALLY great sculpts. Some suffered from bad colors, but that was mostly the unoffical members that were released as a part of the regular Battle Corps line when the DEF tanked, like Longarm, Muskrat, and Law. Id really love to see more of these molds get re-issued.

I even liked the Battle Flash launchers. Gotta give them props for trying to take the concept a step further, even if Shockwave's clear yellow tank drone DID look a bit odd. Muskrat's and Mace's helmet launchers looked way too silly. But Ill give them points for TRYING something different (Albeit not successfully)

I do not judge DEF's failure to be entirely it's own fault. GI Joe at that time was seriously suffering, and only a year or two later the series was canceled. DEF was only a victim of circumstance - I feel it would've sold VERY well in 88-90.

Like I said, the argument against DEF it ridiculous. People can pretend to be as too-good-for-that-silly-DEFas they want, but DEF ruled. Like you said Doc, we not only got a new enemy to fight, but Joe branched out into something that affected us on a more personal level than terrorism (what it was in the early 90s, anyways)

And just like Spy Troops armor, Hasbro doesn't drag you into the street, pull a gun on you and order you to put a gooft helmet on Mace or keep the gimmicks with the toys. Put them in a baggie and never look at em again. 'The point is, DEF had awesome toys. And even though there might've been n in there, Shockwave, Bulletproof (v1) Cutter (the one who came w/ the SHARK) Mace, Headman, and the Headhunters / Stormtroopers were safe from neon and COOL.

Tom

1846D7M8 and tom 1 who/what are you getting so mad about?

and Tom-1 , lol yeah i was talking about in the Joe line, I love the Headman character, and i agree with all your points,

Hey Scraps, (That's what I'm calling you :evil:) I think you've graduated to the rank where you can just call me Tom, okay? :wink: (And #'s name is Dustin)

And I'm not really mad at anyone specific. To be honest, I don't pay enough attention to people's personal views to remember who likes or dislike one aspect of GI Joe. All I know is that there is a majority of GI Joe fans who feel they're too good for DEF and Headman's group, for various reasons. I just wanted to talk (yell) some sense into these people.

Tom

Hey Scraps, (That's what I'm calling you :evil:) I think you've graduated to the rank where you can just call me Tom, okay? :wink: (And #'s name is Dustin)

And I'm not really mad at anyone specific. To be honest, I don't pay enough attention to people's personal views to remember who likes or dislike one aspect of GI Joe. All I know is that there is a majority of GI Joe fans who feel they're too good for DEF and Headman's group, for various reasons. I just wanted to talk (yell) some sense into these people.

Tom

ok kool tom, yeah i agree,, and u can call me Scraps , thats kool with me, thats what i like my name to sound like anyways but it comes from Ska Music and Rap music,

Back on topic, BRING ON THE CAT, i cant wait, i am going to have 10 by the time its over with lol

Youre right about the Spy Troopss gear Tom-1 While I feel that it isnt very effective the way its being presented, at least one can take the stuff off. I like the concept a LOT more than Sound Attack, but it could have been thought out a little better. The TRUE virtue behind Spy Troops gear is what the customizers can do with it. I think making a cast of Tunnel Rats helmet would make GREAT helmets for Fast-Blast Vipers. And stuff.

I *REALLY* want a re-issue of the Sharc 9000. In better colors this thing could kick all sorts of buttocks. Its best part is that it can carry a bunch of figures

As for the CAT, Im really amazed that its ONLY $20. You'd think Kay Bee would charge more. Not that Im complaining mind you. Im just wondering if the motor is in it for that price. A troop builder pack of these guys is definately in order. No matter WHOS body the Twins' heads are on. Id rather prefer something more unique, even if the concept IS flawed on sume level. ut if its the same old Twin bodies, they damn sure better have a good color scheme.

Actually. Screw the Twins. Give me Five CGIs and a CG Commander

In the end. At least we have confirmation that they still have access to a cool mold. And thats whats REALLY important. Here's looking forward to a few more uses for it. DDD said that if the themed TRU packs sell, that themed vehicles would be a possibility. Id like to see a Python Patrol themed CGI in the Neo PP paintstyle as a driver for the team. Maybe a Night Rhino

I really love Head mans weapon in JVC: that TOMMY GUN kicks ass and looks great in the hands of one of my sand vipers!!! they seriously need to reissue this weapon like theyve done with so many others.

I didnt care too much for headmans suit color in JVC---not that its incrediblly horrible, it just couldve been done with a bit more class. but hey, at least it wasnt pink or fuschia :lol:

other than that, hes a great figure

As for the CAT, Im really amazed that its ONLY $20. You'd think Kay Bee would charge more. Not that Im complaining mind you. Im just wondering if the motor is in it for that price.

I would wager it is, Doc. To give credit where credit is due, I think RAH reissues have been priced very fairly. What was it, 15.00 for the BATs, right? 20.00 for the Python Patrol, with all their gear and insane paint desgins? That's pretty good, all things considered. I wouldn't be surprised if it still has to motor, it's the toys major selling point. 'Everything need a gimmick nowadays :wink: :lol:

Tom

I really love Head mans weapon in JVC: that TOMMY GUN kicks ass and looks great in the hands of one of my sand vipers!!! they seriously need to reissue this weapon like theyve done with so many others.

It's actually a grenade launcher from the Range-Vipers. And yes, it's very cool, but I gave mine to my Skull Buster, the Range Viper leader. He also has the green Range-Viper backpack from the Heavy Duty of that pack. :wink:

As for the CAT, Im really amazed that its ONLY $20. You'd think Kay Bee would charge more. Not that Im complaining mind you. Im just wondering if the motor is in it for that price.

I would wager it is, Doc.

Tom

Description:

A remake of the classic, vintage Cobra vehicle from the 1980s, this limited edition G.I. Joe: Cobra Crimson Attack Tank (C.A.T.) is true to the original design. Featuring a unique crimson and black design, this updated version of the classic "C.A.T." is ready for action. This battery-operated tank moves forward, turns left, right and rolls back in reverse. Includes an exclusive 3-3/4-inch "Cobra Blue" Crimson Guard Immortal driver. Scaled for use with all 3-3/4-inch action figures. Requires 2 "D" alkaline batteries (not included). Actual item may vary slightly from photo.

I'd love to see another Rage, and Hiss 2 Reissue,

I could be wrong - and those of us in the know should correct me - but wasn't the HISS II ruined? I could have sworn I read it about the time Toyfair had all the GI Joes for waves 2-4.

But what I wouldn't give for an Equalizer and another shot at the Rage... :(

Tom

On DEF:

The concept's fine. I did always find it to be a little too C.O.P.S. derivative, but my real issue is with the typical neon sci-fi-ness that was going on during those times.

They still managed some very excellent figures, primarily the obvious ones like Headhunter Stormtroopers, etc., and I always liked Shockwave v3 a lot, too-- infinitely better than the sickly GvsC Sure Fire v2!! :x

As for Headman, above all else, I look at that figure and laugh. He looks ridiculous to me. The way that most people respond when they look at Raptor, or the Fridge, etc--- that's how I respond to Headman. Visually speaking, it's a crappy character design IMO. It's as simple as that to me, and I don't have take issue, moral or otherwise, with his backstory or DEF itself.

I don't think DEF should get specific kudos OR scorn, though. During those times, tons of awesome Battle Corps molds came out, too, so I think DEF for the most part was up to par with the rest of the Joes being made.

I love the Equalizer.. I got one about a year ago for 16 bucks, MISB!

it was a beautiful thing to put together.. probably the most underrated GiJoe vehicle ever..

Last week, I saw a MIB one go for like 100 bucks :lol:

Top five tanks I'd like to see get reissued are:

1) D.E.M.O.N.

2) Rage

3) Razorback

4) Paralyzer

5) Crimson Sentry & Missile System

Now granted, number 5 was an exclusive to Sears but if Kay-Bee brought back the C.A.T. maybe a store like Walmart or another outlet will bring back the S.M.S.

Top five tanks I'd like to see get reissued are:

1) D.E.M.O.N.

2) Rage

3) Razorback

4) Paralyzer

5) Crimson Sentry & Missile System

Now granted, number 5 was an exclusive to Sears but if Kay-Bee brought back the C.A.T. maybe a store like Walmart or another outlet will bring back the S.M.S.

Great idea that store could just reverse the colors ie what kay bee toys did

It's actually a grenade launcher from the Range-Vipers. And yes, it's very cool, but I gave mine to my Skull Buster, the Range Viper leader. He also has the green Range-Viper backpack from the Heavy Duty of that pack. :wink:

o yeah . duh---i always consider it a tommy gun because thats the first thing i think of when i see it.

either way, they realy really need to keep reissuing it with other figures soon!!!