Get to know your Transfans :)

Prowl

I am taking a page out of Elias' book, but what do you Transfans do in real life - when you're not posting on ADC or remodelling your reissue Jazzes and such...I am curious and I think it would be interesting to see the diversity in us...

Well I am 21 years old and I have graduated college. I am still searching for a better job, but I work part time for an Autoparts Wherehouse. I play video games, collect toys and comic books, and spend my spare time searching for a new job or a new girlfreind. I am an artist, but it has gotten me no where, but I hope someday it will.

I am 25, I have been married for 7 years this December and I have 2 kids, a 4 year old son and a 1 year old daughter.

I have done just about everything from Ford Certified Auto Technician/Service Manager to Minolta Copier Technician to Direct Care Provider for the Developmentally Disabled.

I build and race Radio controlled cars/trucks/aircraft aswell as own/run a website dedicated to that hobby. http://www.rcjimsplace.com

I collected Transformers as a kid and RiD resparked it for me... several thousand dollars later - I am 10 again ;)

I am 25 years old with a girlfriend and I am a social worker working with kids in Calgary full time :) It's great because I am doing something I like and I enjoy working with kids and life has been getting better recently...

I am 25 years old with a girlfriend and I am a social worker working with kids in Calgary full time :)  It's great because I am doing something I like and I enjoy working with kids and life has been getting better recently...

We have several aspects of life in common, I too would like to say... "life has been getting better recently"

Guest Ravage

I hangout in this cave underneath my mansion. 8)

No really. Classes just let out so I'm getting a job probably at wa-ma, and blowing off summer semester. I collect quite a few different things. The most prominent are DCs, MOTU and I'm working on my TFs collection. Aside from that I paint and customize. Sometimes I write. :) How fitting for my 100th post!

I am 26, in the airforce and I also have about 200 games between my ps1,2, xbox, gamecube,dreamcast, and gb sp. BWT castlevania aria of sorrow is OFF DA CHAIN!!! TF collecting is my secondary hobby. I also have a girlfriend who merely tolerates my obsessions. right now I have about 100 TF, but I SURE DO GOT SOME GOOD ONES!!

FUNFACT ABOUT ME: not counting pvc/hoc I have 17 different versions of optimus prime :D I have 9 differnt of megatron :-? ehh..most of his molds suck!

I am 29 and have been married to my wonderful wife J.L. for 9 years. I collect TF's as a hobby and have some nice ones to boot. I used to work at the local White Rose as the Plant Nursery Manager for close to 8 years, but a car accident put an end to any "manual labor" jobs for good. So now I'm working hard at my art. I am a freelance artist who is working at becoming a concept artist for toys and film. (Self-taught...no training.) Here's my site if interested, and yes the monkey in my sig is one of my Sculptures. :wink:

http://scotty.craigfoster.com/gallery/

Im 31, and going to school as a decorative painter, having partied way too much 1st time around in college 10 years ago. I worked 8 years in the resteraunt biz, and have baked an estimated 1/2 million bagels in my time, but I never want to go back to that. I live with my girlfriend of five years, who is also a sci-fi fan, though she dosent get the robot thing. I should write more than I do, I mostly tell stories as I make them up, in the past as a GM for RPG's, now mostly as bedtime stories for my girlfriend. ( The latest are misadventures of a small group of Decepticons, which she has begrudgingly started to like, she seems to think Autobots are do-good weenies though )

I'm 28 years old. I am a family caseworker/counselor for Youth at risk. I have a BA in human development. I am getting married in a month to my wonderful and understanding Fiancee.I spent 9 years of my life in the US NAVY as a Gunners Mate. I collect Transformers and Star wars.

Hey Prowl, what education level does it take to become a social worker in Canada. To be honest we wanted to spend some time up there and i might be looking for a new job

Well, I'm 26. I am a graphic designer. I work for a company that does ads for the Yellow Book. I am in charge of running the image library. I do free lance design on the side, business cards, banners, cd covers, etc. I have a wonderful girlfriend, soon to be fiance. I've been collecting Transformers hard core, for about 3 years now. My collection stands at about 1100 figures right now. Basically when I could afford to start getting the toys I always wanted. I play some video games, and huge into vintage gaming. I am big into DVD's, especially older and foreign horror films. I have ammassed quite a collection of that stuff (thank you Anchor Bay). I have 2 dogs, a Shitzu named Mandy and a Bichon Frise named Max.

Joe

...several thousand dollars later - I am 10 again ;)

Nice. :)

As for me, well, I'm a 24 year-old environmental engineer. I work on NewYork City projects for a private firm. Recently I've taken over a majority of the computer modeling work, so when the models are running. I usually hang out here. I recently celebrated 3 1/2 years with my girlfriend and plan for more to come. I'm a huge fan of anime and TFs and have always collected toys, at least a little bit. Beast Wars pretty much set me off onto what I am now. I love rock'n'roll and go to many concerts, roughly one every three weeks, although it has been a little slow lately (I make up for that though. Next week: 3 Doors Down and then Red Hot Chili Peppers!!!)

My favorite color is red, but I look better in blue. :D

Well it looks like I am one of the yougest so far. I am 23 soon to be 24. I have a 7 month old daughter. I have been with the same girl for almost 5 years and we will be married by the end of this year. I right know work for Comcast Cable but the will soon chage when I move to Colorado in like 3 weeks. RID is what restarted my collection. I have around 250 right now but with most of them in boxes I dont know for sure. I do a lot of computer stuff from setting up net works to buliding computers for friends and myself. I have bulit 2 xp1800 1.5 ghz computers that I use right now.

I'm 28 years old. I am a family caseworker/counselor for Youth at risk. I have a BA in human development. I am getting married in a month to my wonderful and understanding Fiancee.I spent 9 years of my life in the US NAVY as a Gunners Mate.  I collect Transformers and Star wars.

Hey Prowl,  what education level does it take to become a social worker in Canada. To be honest we wanted to spend some time up there and i might be looking for a new job

Hey Scourge - that's cool that you're a counsellor :) To become a social worker in Canada, you need a Bachelor of Social Work Degree basically -I have a BA in Sociology as well as my BSW. However, because of your counselling background, you would have a pretty good chance of getting a social work type of job here.

Turned 27 in Feb, and married for more than 5 yrs, have one son, one 3 month old girl, my own crib, & have 2 jobs...(to buy transformers).

HOBBIES: Collect transformers, NASCAR hot wheel cars, weight lift 3 to 8 hours a week, lowrider bike & show car(71 impala & 72 impala), have made quite a bit of car shows & in a few magazines featuring Dallas, San Antonio & Houston.

Work: DCCCD college, & WESTERN UNION :P

EDUCATION: Today I walk the stage for my AAS in Electrical Technology,

have a certificate in Word Processing, and obcourse, Skyline High(used to be the 2nd biggest high school in 94) Diploma.

Wishes: To bring back old G1 toons back on WB!! And remake all molds like in the past :lol:

i thought this thread seemed familiar

i'm 22, and 3/4 done my degree at the university of toronto

i work weekends at zellers in the toy, sports and seasonal departments (hardly and good transformers at our particular location)

spare time i like to go to the athletic centre or the beach :)

I'm 29 with a Dietetic and Food Adminstrations degree from LBSU. Yes, I'm a dietician by trade, just not in the field.

Loved TF since I was 8 years old.

I'm also still a club head and go out at least once every weekend. :lol:

I'm 39, and don't look my age. I have been married for 16 years and have a 4.5 yr old son. I was in college at Penn State when the original series was on. Someone gave my son the Optimus Prime Fire Truck for Christmas last year, we discovered Armada and it all came back!

I work for a Health Insurance TPA in King of Prussia for my real job.

I am a 10+ year member of Porsche Club of America & SCCA, love animation (always have!), nature, too many interests, not enough time! :wink:

Well to be honest I am 21 years old, I work for walgreens but haver dreams having a great job in Computers. I DO love Transfotmers alot, I dunno why but G1 Ratchet, something about him is #1 to me. Prowl goes second then Jazz,

I have been struggling for 3 years wanting to make my own TF site but I was always alone.But then I met Squall and I see my dreams coming true to finally have my own TF site.

But sadly some fools who are a-holes keep bothering me trying to crush my dreams. My board is losing a few members and the hub lost a few too cause of certain arrogent men who can't talk it out.

I don't know if any of you would but could you guys also join my msg board and post there too? Mean alotto me I'm just starting out on my TF site.

http://www.kingdomcybertron.com/forums

(@) Well I'm 26. I'm a graphic designer. Spent many years in college. I've been married to my beautiful wife for 2 years this month. I''ve been Cincinnati Bengals fan(I know a looser) for 16 years now. I'm a big NASCAR fan. My favoriate driver is Sterling Marlin and his car is number 40. Thus my board name s.m.40fan TA DA. I love and collect Star Wars, :D Transformers, :D my NASCAR driver's die cast cars, :D and bills :( . My biggest passion in collecting is Star Wars but Transformers is my second best. So there is the short of my story. :D

Well, I'm 26. I am a graphic designer. I work for a company that does ads for the Yellow Book. I am in charge of running the image library. I do free lance design on the side, business cards, banners, cd covers, etc. I have a wonderful girlfriend, soon to be fiance. I've been collecting Transformers hard core, for about 3 years now. My collection stands at about 1100 figures right now. Basically when I could afford to start getting the toys I always wanted. I play some video games, and huge into vintage gaming. I am big into DVD's, especially older and foreign horror films. I have ammassed quite a collection of that stuff (thank you Anchor Bay). I have 2 dogs, a Shitzu named Mandy and a Bichon Frise named Max.  

Joe

Well whatta ya know? I have a Shitzu named Mandy too!!! I want to be a graphic designer, but I haven't found a job in the feild yet. Tis a pity. I want to put up my own website but I need a host.

Alrighty, time for young buck stud to show up....ok, maybe just young buck. I'm a 19 year old(20 in August) college student who just finished his second year of school just last week, meaning that half of my college career is already over....I'm actually gonna be a junior when I go back to school in late August...whoa. It still blows me away whenever I think of that. I'm a business administration major with a minor in I/O psychology...but school's out for three months, so who cares? Since I'm back at home with the parents for the summer, it's the same old formula as before for me....dial up and back to work at the local Food Lion, where I've worked off and on thanks to college breaks for the past 4 years or so. Nothing too much to me....I'm a cynical, sardonic person in real life-hey, I love to laugh. Transformers has always been my first love...high speed internet connection last year rekindled a love long harbored within me. I've also gotten back into collecting comics, though not too many...just the TF ones and New X-Men, plus the occasional one that I've heard well about. DVD's are my babies....I have an enormous amount of them, and I'm sometimes known among my friends as the quirky guy that knows way too much about movies. Like Joe, I'm a big horror movie fan, especially the foreign and older ones.

Alrighty, time for young buck stud to show up....ok, maybe just young buck. I'm a 19 year old(20 in August) college student who just finished his second year of school just last week, meaning that half of my college career is already over....I'm actually gonna be a junior when I go back to school in late August...whoa. It still blows me away whenever I think of that. I'm a business administration major with a minor in I/O psychology...but school's out for three months, so who cares? Since I'm back at home with the parents for the summer, it's the same old formula as before for me....dial up and back to work at the local Food Lion, where I've worked off and on thanks to college breaks for the past 4 years or so. Nothing too much to me....I'm a cynical, sardonic person in real life-hey, I love to laugh. Transformers has always been my first love...high speed internet connection last year rekindled a love long harbored within me. I've also gotten back into collecting comics, though not too many...just the TF ones and New X-Men, plus the occasional one that I've heard well about. DVD's are my babies....I have an enormous amount of them, and I'm sometimes known among my friends as the quirky guy that knows way too much about movies. Like Joe, I'm a big horror movie fan, especially the foreign and older ones.

We used to have Food Lions here till it was discovered they clean their expred meats with Toxics and resell it.

Houston has it all, but anything from Up north usaly gets kicked out.Food Lion became replaced by Food Town/ :D

Apparently me and Chug are the young bucks around here. I'm 19, turning 20 in September...and currently in the midst of my finals and finishing my sophomore year at Connecticut College.

I'm born and raised in Connecticut, and this summer I plan on getting a job as a bank teller, despite the fact that waking up every day at 8 or 9 AM never has worked too well with me :-?

Anyways, I run cross country and track for my college (NCAA Division III) and I ran cross country, track, and played basketball in high school (although admittedly I had a nice ass-groove on the bench going.) After the Transformers G2 comics and toys disappeared, I got out of most of the toys field altogether, but kept on merrily Marvel marching along. I watched the second and third seasons of Beast Wars (there were 3 seasons, right?) and finally got back into the swing of things completely with RID. Now, I'm buying the toys I like and nothing more from Armada while I patch up my G1 toy collection (I have the full run of comics, even if they aren't in tip top shape thanks to my reading them EVERYWHERE as a kid) and enjoying the fact that I finally have the cash to spend on my hobbies.

My personal favorites are Spider-Man, chocolate chip cookie dough ice cream, any Boston sports teams (except for the Bruins...Whalers 4 life baby), long walks on the beach, Coors Light, Nike running shoes, and girls who I can pick up and carry around :D