G1's in Armada?

SideTracker

Which of the following G1 Transformers would you most like to see represented in the Armada line, if only with a repaint?  

1. 1. Which of the following G1 Transformers would you most like to see represented in the Armada line, if only with a repaint?

• Jazz
    • Ironhide
    • Soundwave
    • Blaster
    • Ravage
    • Ultra Magnus
    • Omega Supreme
    • Shockwave (yes, Tidal Wave may be Shockwave...)
    • Grimlock
    • Menasor

Which of the above characters would you most like to see represented in the Transformers: Armada line, if only as a repaint of an existing character? (For instance, there's no reason Waterlog couldn't be repainted as Seaspray, nor Ransack as Brawn...)

Although it would be great to see Ironhide or Jazz again, the Decepticons need some serious back up or they won't even be able to put up a fight. I vote Soundwave.

(@) I would have to say Soundwave as well. Eventhough I don't like Armada the Decepticons just aint complete with out him. I'm sure Slup will carry on about this when he puts his vote in.

Ahh I'm so sick of hearing about Soundwave, I refuse to vote for him. My 'bot Jazz needs to be represented!

Amen - After doing some serious thinking, I voted for Ironhide.

Uups... I accidentally Submitted this poll before I had all the options entered, so I had to edit it... Originally the poll just had the first three: Jazz, Ironhide and Soundwave. Hopefully, this isn't preventing anyone from voting for the other seven... (I'm not sure about the inclusion of a few of them, and yes, I agree fully that the Decepticons need more support, and I wish I was able to come up with more for the poll.)

Actually, I did come up with a white and blue Nightbeat with red accents... I did a sketch of Sideswipe in white with oh-so-familiar racing stripes down the back of the vehicle (the robot mode, as expected, looks very plain, mostly due to the model)... The robot sketch was badly proportioned (and not drawn originally from the action figure as reference), but I also had Nightbeat in mostly orange, yellow and red. Something about that scheme bothered me - inspired by a G1 motorcycle (some have compared Nightbeat and junk, after all), but too garishly different from Sideswipe's paint job. So I went ahead and digitized it and redid the color scheme. ...Unfortunately, I do not have access to the program I use to upload files to my AOL FTP site, so I'll post the GIF tomorrow.

I agree, I would LOVE to see an Armada Soundwave myself... and there is no way, no way he could be anything but a Maxcon, with electronic sound effects. It's sort of his thing. Sound. Hmmp.

Okay, here's the Sideswipe repaint I hinted at:

http://members.aol.com/rhmagnussn/swipe.gif

Sure, this doesn't have a lot to do with this topic, ...directly, [and, no, I'm not trying to influence anyone's vote, just a concept thing.] ... but I thought it looked cool. I did see the Powerlinx version of Thrust in G1 red; looks nice, now let's have Dirge to go with him. (Tidal Wave already got dibs on Ramjet.)

[i confess, I'm surprised nobody's voted for Grimlock. Maybe you're just afraid he'd be just another Beast Wars repaint, but I would like to see an all-new Grimlock Armada mold, or am I dreaming? (And does he necessarily have to be a dinosaur, or can he be a vehicle as with RID? Perhaps even a War Within type tank...]

Those who havent, should check out Orson's world over at the 2005 boards. There was a reference made to the off chance of repainting Armada Skywarp as Dirge. At this point no more than a passing thought, but it might happen. Anyway thats what I would like to see.

Yeah, but there was a poll that showed most people want Thrust in Dirge colors.

Orson stated before that PL Thrust would be in Dirge like colors.. then they turned out to be G1 Thrust like colors. :jump:

Thrust in Thrust colors looks great and makes sense, and I will get him, but the Armada seeker design still lends itself to quantity ( as opposed to an army of little jets with no hands :)- ) So I hold out hope.

(@) I would have to say Soundwave as well.  Eventhough I don't like Armada the Decepticons just aint complete with out him.  I'm sure Slup will carry on about this when he puts his vote in.

Heehee. I didn't click on this post till just now just to see what it was about.

Have to always go with the man!