I retooled my TRU Jazz the way Takara/Hasbro should have!

RCJim

I have 4 Jazz's, a TRU re-issue, Takara DW re-issue and 2 original G1 versions (one C 8.5 and the other junk) so I decided to do a little work on the TRU Jazz :D

Let me start with a picture of the Jacked up re-issue TRU & Takara Jazz's Face:

jazz1.JPG

Next, I will do a comparison shot of the re-issue Jazz Head (left) next to an original G1 Jazz Head (right):

jazz3.JPG

Here is a shot of the backs to show it was not a direct fit. They went and pulled a sneaky on us by making the area where the roof attaches to the head wider (which is better) (TRU Left, Oem Right):

jazz4.JPG

Here is a comparison shot after about 15 minutes of careful dremmeling on the re-issue head:

jazz5.JPG

And here is the finished product, a TRU Jazz with a original G1 Head and Takara re-issue Jazz weapons.

jazz6.JPG

jazz2.JPG

My last descision is wether or not to put the Agent Meister Decals on him or get a set of reprolabels. Any of you have any input?

Well, here are my opinions:

TRU: Nice stand alone toy hands down (excluding weapons)

Takara: Great Box - Excellent Weapons.

The Takara toy has craptastic habits of leaning backwards aswell as a totally screwed up roof line.

Honestly, If you are not collecting the DW boxed re-issues for the box or accurate weaponry, get the TRU Jazz (bear in mind, the missles are BAD. The gun and launcher is tollerable!

This is a tough call - deciding between the two.

You continue to impress me with your skills and especially your photography. I have to learn to take better pictures. Any tips? Are these taken during the day or night?

The only tips I can give you is to invest in a nice digital camera and learn how to use it in various ligting ect.

Those images were taken in the dark using a flash and the camera was setup to focus up close. I have been doing online images for some time (on my RC site) so I have had alot of practice.

I returned ol Takara Jazz to TRU today and picked up CS III Thundercracker. I'll be trimming those long arse alt mode bomb/missles ASAP but I like the robot mode laser/missles. They look great.

You continue to impress me with your skills and especially your photography. I have to learn to take better pictures. Any tips? Are these taken during the day or night?

The only tips I can give you is to invest in a nice digital camera and learn how to use it in various ligting ect.

Those images were taken in the dark using a flash and the camera was setup to focus up close. I have been doing online images for some time (on my RC site) so I have had alot of practice.

:evil: :evil: Yep...those are some great shot.....

Talk about photographing.....hey Jimbo how about shoot me 3 images of the TRU Magnus? If yes, it will save me sometimes in searching the nets.....now I need to find the Shinning aka Yellow Magnus.

I need:

1, Side image of the vehicle mode w/ launcher,

2, Frontal view of the Cab in robot mode,

3, And Frontal view of Magnus in robot mode with missile luancher pointed upward.

I'm putting an All Star Ultra Magnus merchandizes up for viewing.....

(Man....I need a lot of box image of the Myclone, PVC Act 1 &4 that involved Magnus, MOC HOC Magnus image, MOC Magnus RID.....somebody better give me the link to those images)

I dremmeled my Magnus and Thundercracker missles tonight too - damn me for not picking up glue today. Pics tomorrow maybe.