Python Patrol Question

Brian Langlois

Pardon me, but could someone tell me who the six figures are in the Python Patrol set? I recognize Major Bludd and S.A.W. Viper, but not the others. Anyway, the set looks really cool, and I just wanted to know who they were. Thanks.

I hope they learned from the Tiger Force and gave the figures cleaner paint apps. So far the pictures look promising, save for the SAW Viper

Yeah, Tiger Force didn't impress me too much. I'll probably go ahead and get it though since I'll be getting the Python Patrol. I think I read that S.A.W. Viper's paint wasn't finished yet and that he would match the other figures. They should've approached Tiger Force this way, giving them all the same colors, preferably black and orange. At least this new Python Patrol doesn't have the color scheme of the original. Man, those were ugly!

I liked Tiger Force, but it could have been handled so much better.

And the paint schemes were keeping in character with the original line. None of them wore the exact same colors. But the stripes were the unifying element.

Tiger Force was cool Except that Jinx was green was a bit off for me!!

The rest of the figures were great!! :D As for Python Patrol this looks like the best thing that JVC has made!!!! :)-

It does indeed

Tiger Force could have been great if they had at least just kept the detailing cleaner and had painted Big Brawlers ammo belst on his pants. Picking a decent skin tone wouldnt have hurt either. Those for me were the big issues. Gear choices and their plastic quality could have been better too. Namely a backpack for Stalker to cover his flat back. I used an original Rock Viper one, since someones gonna need to fight the upcoming PP Rock Vipers in their own element when they come out. And Stalker is the man for the job

That Stalker is one bad mutha...

after reading this i had to go check out more pics of it.

hot damn i cant wait for those bad boys to come out!

I think two is the optimum amount of Python patrol sets I will get for my Cobra forces.. I might get 3 and just leave one in the box.. I don't think 15 Pythong Troopers would look right, when I only have about 70 Cobra troops in total most likely.

But it is definitely a great set.

I thought Tigerforce was crap. the figures they chose were just okay, and the colors were aweful.

I think two is the optimum amount of Python patrol sets I will get for my Cobra forces.. I might get 3 and just leave one in the box.. I don't think 15 Pythong Troopers would look right, when I only have about 70 Cobra troops in total most likely.

I'm definitely getting 2 sets. If I really like'em I might get 1 or 2 more (same with what I'm doing with the BAT 6-pack - except that the BAT pack is dirt cheap too :wink: ). As far as your PP2 team outnumbering your other troops, well... hopefully, a Viper, Alley Viper, and the MC Con Set troops will get their own army builder set too and it'll all work out.

I thought Tigerforce was crap. the figures they chose were just okay, and the colors were aweful.

I though Jinx was OK, as was Wreckage. And after swapping out the legs, I finally have my first Stalker figure.

on the other hand, I think I could have like 10 Bat sets fit in with my Cobra forces easily, because they are more general, not as specialized as the Python Patrol. bats are a staple element of Cobra

i was wondering i f anybody was gonna army build the python set. i see CLAM and 8speed are and i plan on army building them too. but i see your point CLAM, i don't wanna overdue it also, i think they should still be considered an elite group so i might get about 3 sets. i don't think 5 sets would look right compared to 5 sets of BATS.

i was wondering i f anybody was gonna army build the python set. i see CLAM and 8speed are and i plan on army building them too. but i see your point CLAM, i don't wanna overdue it also, i think they should still be considered an elite group so i might get about 3 sets. i don't think 5 sets would look right compared to 5 sets of BATS.

over due it?? no never i have 6 ordered and friend works at TrU said he'll hold some for me when they come out lol he he

I know they're an elite group, but I want more Cobras. This PP2 set and BAT 6-pack are ideal for getting more bad guys for my Cobra force in general, nevermind army building. Not one stupid Joe in the set. No crazy package where I have to buy a Joe to get a Cobra.

Hopefully, future army builders will come out like Vipers, Alley-Vipers, Air-Vipers, Swamp-Vipers and whatever -Viper they want to come out with, so I can get some of them too. I don't really care about my PP team outnumbering the rest of my troops because hopefully when those sets come out, I'll be getting them too.... and more.... just to compensate (financial status aside).

Either way, I'll have a bigger Cobra force after these two sets are released. It'll be much better than my current less than 100 Cobra troops.

This PP2 set looks good (for the most part), has unit cohesion, and has decent weapons (colors aside). And best of all.... they're RAH, so I know what to expect of them (as far as RAH mold designs go).

This is a set I've been waiting 14 years for.:D

hahah true true!

and now with that C.A.T. tank, its looking really good for the cobra team!

This is a set I've been waiting 14 years for.:D

hahah true true!

and now with that C.A.T. tank, its looking really good for the cobra team!

No kidding! For everyone out there who supports the red snake our luck is changing rapidly this year. First great original Cobra trooper releases like the new IRON Grenadier, Sand-Viper, and Cobra COILS. Then troop builder packs like the B.A.T. squad and Python Patrol. And now a re-release of the Crimson Attack Tank. Cobra is finely shaping back up to the kick ass, take no prisoners, world domination organization of evil it once was.