Marvel Comics Q&A thread

Rodimus Primal

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, the costume is from the newer X-Force comics that started in 2004. I just mainly need pictures of him drawn that way. Facial, and Upper Body.

Polaris is from Uncanny X-Men #418, and so on and also in Uncanny X-Men #443.

Jamie Madrox costume is from the new series of X-Factor, and Husk's costume is from Uncanny X-Men #439 and so on till a certain point.

Also any Horsemen Gambit pics from after X-Men #187.

Alrighty, thanks.

I would like to add to these:

Modern Crossbones, for my 1st ml custom. Man, I haven't done a custom since 00'-01'.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, I just clued in to the fact that lame Danny Rand (AKA Iron Fist) is running around as Daredevil. WTF?!?!?! What the hell is going on there? I've never really followed DD (his series, at least), so I am VERY confused....I know he had some trouble with his ID being blown, but now what? I still don't believe anyone would believe that DD is Matt Murdock, anyway...he's clearly blind, people! How the hell could ordinary people even begin to comprehend how a blind guy flies all over the city in amazing acrobatic maneuvers? They just wouldn't believe it...unless all his abilities have been outed too somehow and been proved...any DD fans out there?

Danny is playing around with the daredevil role while Matt is in prison. He's trying to "prove" that Matt isn't daredevil.

At least thats what I have read.

Ok, I need some pics of Agent Zero. Any help would be appreatiated.

Question: Why hasn't anyone tried to re-incorporate Blink back into the X-universe? Or have they?

They did... sort of.

I just reread the Phalanx Covenant 4-parter, where Blink debuted and was quickly "killed" by her own power, and I had forgotten that she'd originated through Generation X. I still think of her as an Age of Apocalypse character.

After several years of fan requests for either version of the character to return, Marvel gave in, and gave the character's co-creator Scott Lobdell a 4 issue Blink miniseries (the other creator was Joe Madureira, who was either doing Battlechasers, making videogames, or playing videogames at the time). After the first issue was solicited, it was then revealed that a new series called Exiles would be coming out, with Blink in the lead.

The miniseries focused on the Age of Apocalypse version of the character, on a solo adventure set before the team encountered Bishop. In it, she travels to the Negative Zone, the place the Fantastic Four is always off adventuring in. She loses her memory, and falls in love. The man she falls for, however, turns out to be Fantastic Four villian Annihlus.

Judd Winick, who would write the Exiles, joined Lobdell as co-writer with the second issue, taking over on dialogue.

The final issue had Blink return to her AoA X-Men team, and then flashed forward to after the events of X-Men: Omega. With nuclear bombs dropping, and many of her friends dead, she wandered off, and suddenly got pulled through a portal, landing in the middle of a desert, where she met a girl who looked a lot like Nightcrawler. The series ended there.

The Exiles series opened with the same scene the Blink series ended with. Blink, the Nightcrawler girl (Nocturne), and several others were sent on a mission to travel from dimension to dimension setting things right. Their reward was that eventually repairing these different timelines/dimensions, would restore damage to their own, and send them home. Blink had a bit of a special case though: her timeline ceased to exist, so if she gets sent back... there's no place to be sent back to.

Guess who got sent back, just a few months ago.

Is there any chance of a Blink resurrection? Any knowledge on why/why not?

With the original Blink? Slim to none. It's been too long, the current regime at Marvel isn't into that sort of stunt, and her death was meant to bring meaning to the story, so bringing her back would negate the impact, as well as flying in the face of the current Dead Means Dead policy. The slim bit is that many people hold on to the idea that her teleportation related powers mean that instead of dying, she was stranded in some other place or dimension. There has been no on-page evidence to support the theory.

With the AoA/Exiles Blink? It's unclear. Her situation, what with her timeline no longer existing to go back to, makes her somewhat of a special case. Some have speculated that she'll transfer over into the regular Marvel Universe, because her timeline was a twisted version of it. However, there's also no evidence suggesting this will happen, and all previous AoA survivors to appear in the main universe have since been removed (Sugar Man, Dark Beast, Holocaust, X-Man all no longer appear).

If AoA/Exiles Blink ever returns, I would expect it to be in the pages of Exiles. That's also the most likely place to look for any other version of the character, as they travel to new dimensions constantly, showing alternate versions of familiar Marvel characters. Encountering another Blink, after just losing their own, certainly has story potential.

Thanks so much, and the "secondary mutation" idea sounds brilliant to me. That whole evolution process having a second level (and maybe more?) just makes sense... Might be fun to try and come up with secondary mutations for other characters.

It's a cool idea... that also reveals that Morrison is just the latest in a long line of X-writers who really don't understand the concept of evolution. But hey, it's fantasy.

Chuck Austen's Dominant Species arc in Uncanny shows that he has a somewhat more realistic grasp of the theories involved in evolution, though of course, he has to remain somewhat consistent with both the established Marvel version and Morrison's ideas.

Tying that all together, Chuck Austen's doing a 5 issue fill-in arc on Exiles at the moment. The last Judd Winick story before he started was the one in which Blink left, and the final three issues will feature his Uncanny cast and the Dominant Species folks in the Exiles first visit to the main Marvel universe.

Well, the concept of evolution is a pretty fluid thing anyway.

Okay, I just clued in to the fact that [spoiler removed] is running around as Daredevil. WTF?!?!?! What the hell is going on there? I've never really followed DD (his series, at least), so I am VERY confused....

... so I thought I'd spoil the big reveal in a public forum.

Brilliant. Keep up the good work.

Okay, I just clued in to the fact that [spoiler removed] is running around as Daredevil. WTF?!?!?! What the hell is going on there? I've never really followed DD (his series, at least), so I am VERY confused....

... so I thought I'd spoil the big reveal in a public forum.

Brilliant. Keep up the good work.

Um, Its already been spoild by marvel..... http://www.marvel.com/universe/Iron_Fist_(Danny_Rand)

Aliases.

Um, Its already been spoild by marvel.....

I'm sure the story has been discussed in a lot of places across the 'net. Just because these things exist doesn't mean that they've been read by everyone. I like to enjoy my comics and go out of my way to avoid spoilers. When I encounter one, without warning of any kind (there is neither a spoiler warning on the title of this thread nor is there one in the offending post), it tends to tick me off. Now, I've got six issues of Daredevil I'll never fully appreciate because someone -- who doesn't even read the damn book in the first place -- didn't have the common sense to think about others before clicking on the Add Reply button.

Whatever. I'll stick to the toy-related threads from now on.

Opticon, you still have those pictures? When you get them let me know. :D

Getting all these pics for you is making me want to make some customs of these myself...damn you! lol @smilepunch@

Anywho, heres some polaris, took em from #443...

uncanny_x-men_443_cover.jpg

uncanny_x-men_443_p02.jpg

uncanny_x-men_443_p08.jpg

uncanny_x-men_443_p04.jpg

uncanny_x-men_443_p18.jpg

And this one just looks dirty :D

uncanny_x-men_443_p12.jpg

Thats it for now, its 1 am and I feel like watchin a movie.

he wasn't really de-powered... it was all in his head...

he was afraid so much he would be de-powered... his mind made him think he was de-powered...

then emma unlocked his mind or something like that so he got his powers back...

it was confusing when they explained it... this happened in x-men #178-ish...

Opticon, thanks. Last pic @lol@

Opticon, thanks to those pics of Polaris: http://s15.photobucket.com/albums/a360/Goo...laris%20Custom/

I need some pics of : Soldier X, Liefeld Cable, Classic Helmut Zemo, Modern Helmut Zemo, Photon (Genis, Kree soldier Genis, Silver age captain marvel and a couple shots of Agent Zero. Any help is greatly appreatiated.