Marvel Comics Q&A thread

Rodimus Primal

I have a few questions that I hope some of you can answer regarding the current X-men line ups. I stopped buying X-men comics shortly after the Age of Apocalypse story line but I would like to restart from where I left off. Anywho, here are my questions:

1. When and how did Northstar join up with the X-men. And what about Aurora?

2. When and how did Juggernaut become good and why the change of affiliation from good to bad.

3. What are the current X-men titles (not including Ultimates) and which characters are on which comic?

4. What happened to X-factor, X-force, Generation X and are any of the characters still involved in the current X-men titles?

After looking at the upcoming issues, I'm stoked and would love to have the mutants back into my line up. Thanks

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to try and answer these as best a I can. I am sure eccentrik will come on and rectify any mistakes I have made though.

When and how did Northstar join up with the X-men. And what about Aurora?

Northstar joined up with the X-Men in IIRC issue # 414. Xavier offered him a position as a teacher and Jean-Paul accepted after initially refusing. Aurora is in the Weapon X title.

When and how did Juggernaut become good and why the change of affiliation from good to bad

In Austen's first arc, Hope, the Uncanny squad faces off against Black Tom, who apparently gets killed. Juggernaut realizes that he has noone left since Tom is gone and he is also worried that he no longer possesses the Cryyotak (sp?) gem. He turns to Charles to help him out. Juggs realizes how it feels to be on the other side in terms of having the law after you and what not. He asks Charles if he can become an X-Man but is told to ask Scott or Kurt/Warren. However, Alex chimes in and says that he can join the Uncanny squad.

What are the current X-men titles (not including Ultimates) and which characters are on which comic?

Uncanny: Iceman, Havok, Nightcrawler, Wolverine, Polaris, Juggernaut, Angel, Northstar, Husk, Jubilee

New: Cyclops, Jean, Beast, Emma, Wolverine

X-treme: Storm, Gambit, Rogue, Bishop, Sage, Cannonball

The you have the offshoot titles like Exiles, Weapon X, New Mutants, Wolverine, X-Statix, etc.

What happened to X-factor, X-force, Generation X and are any of the characters still involved in the current X-men titles?

Generation X, to the best of my recollection, went their seperate ways as did X-Factor. Of course Havok and Polaris are now in Uncanny. X-Force is now called X-Statix.

I have been collecting comics again for the last year or years and a half now and I am digging the X-World. They have always been my favorite. If you can spare the cash dig up some recent back issues or trades and catch up on them.

Hope this helped some. Also, you may want to check out www.uncannyxmen.net they have a good site and also have issue summaries as well as current title info.

Thanks Iceman for the answers. I have a lot of books to hunt down now. It's been quite sometime after the AoA storyline so I have a lot of reading/buying to do.

One other question:

What happened to a lot of the characters from the X-force, X factor, GenX books? Like Multiple Man, Strong Guy, Mondo, Skin, Rictor, sunspot, shatterstar, Cable etc.... Are they still somehow involved in the continuity of the X-men books today?

Most of those characters appeared in many of the various X-Men titles, mostly as either part of X-Corp or X-Corps.

X-Corp is an extension of the X-Men. However the X-Corps, which is a paramilitary unit founded by Banshee, has no direct relation to the X-Men.

Here is what I was able to gather for you.

Skin - Dead

Mondo - unknown

Shatterstar - unknown

Cable - has been appearing in Weapon X but will soon have a shared title with Deadpool

X-Corp (affiliated with the X-Men)-

Hong Kong: Domino (currently in Weapon X and just had a recent LS), Risque (dead)

Paris: Cannonball (now in X-Treme X-Men), Darkstar (dead), M2, Siryn, Multiple Man, Rictor, Sabra

Mumbai: Thornn 2, Proudstar, Feral, Sunfire

I also think there was a squad in Melbourne

X-Corps (not affiliated)-

Banshee, Multiple Man, Radius 2, Surge/Mystique, Sunpyre (dead), M2, Jubilee (now in Uncanny), Husk (now in Uncanny), Abyss

The X-Corps also consists of some villains who were forced to serve in X-Corp. They are Mastermind 3, Avalanche, Blob, Fever Pitch

Last I seen of either of them have been in New around the late 120's and Uncanny early 400's. At least I think.

Most of those characters appeared in many of the various X-Men titles, mostly as either part of X-Corp or X-Corps.

X-Corp is an extension of the X-Men. However the X-Corps, which is a paramilitary unit founded by Banshee, has no direct relation to the X-Men.

Here is what I was able to gather for you.

Skin - Dead

Mondo - unknown

Shatterstar - unknown

Cable - has been appearing in Weapon X but will soon have a shared title with Deadpool

X-Corp (affiliated with the X-Men)-

Hong Kong: Domino (currently in Weapon X and just had a recent LS), Risque (dead)

Paris: Cannonball (now in X-Treme X-Men), Darkstar (dead), M2, Siryn, Multiple Man, Rictor, Sabra

Mumbai: Thornn 2, Proudstar, Feral, Sunfire

I also think there was a squad in Melbourne

X-Corps (not affiliated)-

Banshee, Multiple Man, Radius 2, Surge/Mystique, Sunpyre (dead), M2, Jubilee (now in Uncanny), Husk (now in Uncanny), Abyss

The X-Corps also consists of some villains who were forced to serve in X-Corp. They are Mastermind 3, Avalanche, Blob, Fever Pitch

Last I seen of either of them have been in New around the late 120's and Uncanny early 400's. At least I think.

Thanks ICEMAN. You rock @peace@

I know what I need to look for now.

• 3 weeks later...

I somehow missed Wolverine #6 and I was wondering what happened in it? Issues 5 was the last part of the 'Brotherhood' storyline and #7 starts a new storyline 'Coyote Crossing'. So does anybody know what happened in between issues 5 and 7?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
When did Marvel change Cannonball from External back to mere mutant? I thought it was proven fact that ole Sam Guthrie was nigh-immortal.

It think it was less than a year after he was revealed as one. It was just decided that the idea was silly, and that Sam had only appeared to die and come back, but hadn't really.

Have their been any TPB's about X-men in the Goth saga ( forgot what the saga was called ). I stopped reading X-men around this time.

If memory serves, that was in Claremont's second run.

If so, then the answer is no, it has not been collected. None of Claremont's second run was given the trade treatment. Given Marvel's current approach to such things, if it is to be collected at all anytime soon, it will be solicited in the spring, when Claremont's set to begin his third run.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I have a small question about a character that seems to be appearing in the recent X-men history and his name is Abyss. Is this character the regular Marvel Universe's version of the Abyss character that appeared in the Age of Apocalypse saga? If so, then he must be the son of Apocalypse, because I believe in the altered timeline Abyss and Holocaust were children (and Horsemen) of ol' En Sabah Nur!! Does anyone know what's the deal with Abyss? Does he have the same powers as the AoA version?

Have their been any TPB's about X-men in the Goth saga ( forgot what the saga was called ). I stopped reading X-men around this time.

If memory serves, that was in Claremont's second run.

If so, then the answer is no, it has not been collected. None of Claremont's second run was given the trade treatment. Given Marvel's current approach to such things, if it is to be collected at all anytime soon, it will be solicited in the spring, when Claremont's set to begin his third run.

Thanx eccentrik, that suck's that is hasn't, I don't feel like tracking them 1 by 1.

Hey guys,

I have a small question about a character that seems to be appearing in the recent X-men history and his name is Abyss. Is this character the regular Marvel Universe's version of the Abyss character that appeared in the Age of Apocalypse saga? If so, then he must be the son of Apocalypse, because I believe in the altered timeline Abyss and Holocaust were children (and Horsemen) of ol' En Sabah Nur!! Does anyone know what's the deal with Abyss? Does he have the same powers as the AoA version?

Yes, it is intended to be the regular universe counterpart. However, as far as I know, AoA Abyss was never intended to be an actual child of Apocalypse, only Holocaust was.

And now Abyss is a member of one of the many bizarre and twisted X-Men family trees, as a half-brother of Nightcrawler (thus linking him, to various degrees, to Mystique, Rogue, Sabretooth, Graydon Creed, Destiny, Amanda "Daytripper/Magik" Sefton, Margoli...).

It's probably only a matter of time before that family tree links up to the even more confusing Summers/Grey trainwreck.

• 4 weeks later...
can magneto magnetically move collossus

I seam to recall him moving Collossus around and using him as a weapon against the other X-Men at one point. I think it was somewhere around Uncanny #113. When the they were fighting him in his Antartic base. I'm pretty sure that stopped after he was wounded during the "Mutant Massacre" and had his strength increased when he recovered. Does anyone remember them facing each other as advasaries since those early years?