Marvel Comics Q&A thread

Rodimus Primal

Thanks Eccentrik..... I was just wondering because I had my ML Beast here with my ML Avengers figures and wondered if Hank and Henry interacted much on the Avengers team... I don't know if they ever were on the team at the same time together, though.

• Replies 825
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Eccentrik..... I was just wondering because I had my ML Beast here with my ML Avengers figures and wondered if Hank and Henry interacted much on the Avengers team... I don't know if they ever were on the team at the same time together, though.

Yes they actually were teammates before, and have interacted in the past. Beast I remember was using his scientific knowledge to help aide in the curing of Captian Marvel's cancer along with Dr. Strange, and a few others. Sadly they failed.

Hey can anyone tell me the story on moon knight an what ever happend to him because I'm trying to get some stuff togther for that epic line there doing at marvel.

Hey can anyone tell me the story on moon knight an what ever happend to him because I'm trying to get some stuff togther for that epic line there doing at marvel.

the last I saw of him was in MoonKnight 56 I think.. and it looks like he died..

that would be cool though to see him again

the last I saw of him was in MoonKnight 56 I think.. and it looks like he died..

no, he's not dead, to the best of my knowledge moonknight essentially can't die

no, he's not dead, to the best of my knowledge moonknight essentially can't die

maybe not the "spirit" of MoonKnight... but I think his hosts can die..

He's appeared more than once since then.

He appeared in an arc of Black Panther, and was also in one or the other volumes of the Marvel Knights non-team team book Marvel Knights. Since then, though, I've not seen him published in anything.

For those submitting to Epic, I wouldn't worry about if the character is appearing anywhere now or not, or if you're not up to speed on exactly what the character's circumstances were last we saw them. They're looking for good stories: once you have one of those, then they'll worry about whether it fits with continuity, or if it even needs to.

what gender is doop?

Unspecified, and possibly not applicable. It's unclear if Doop's even human (a human mutant, of course, if he is).

Doop has only mated once that we know of, and that was off panel, with a fur coat, so draw your own conclusions.

Alrighty! I noticed E didn't know what happened to the Redeemers, so here I am to explain! Let's hope I remembered every important detail!

The Redeemers were the Replacement ThunderBolts who took over after the T-Bolts all got pardons (Except for Hawkeye who went to jail). The Redeemers were Citizen V (With Zemo in his head), Scream, Fixer, Smuggler, Meteorite, Beetle (<--- not Mach I or II or III), Jolt and Charcoal. I don't think I left anybody out, but... For a while Captain America led the team, but Citizen V replaced him quickly.

After a few fights, Graviton and Moonstone showed up. Gravy was semi-convinced by Moonstone to do something grand. He fought the Redeemers and the results of the fight? CItizen V ran away. I think the Fixer became his ally. Scream was destroyed, but came back later. Smuggler was released into the sun, Meteorite was knocked into space and suffocated. The Beetle was crushed into a small little pile of junk. Jolt was dissassociated and dissapeared, while Charcoal was smashed into many many pieces.

Citizen V rounded up Dallas, Songbird, and Mach III to fight Gravy. In the fight, it was revealed Gravy was being used by an alien from elsewheres, and his powers were creating a portal to elsewhere. Gravy and the T-Bolts minus Songbird jumped in, and Songbird closed the portal while Gravy closed it from the inside. Citizen V ran away again. Anyways, Dallas, Songbird, Mach III, Fixer, Moonstone, and Zemo in Fixer's backpack show up on Counter Earth.

Songbird is sent to trail the escaped criminal Hawkeye and his Chain Gang by SHIELD. Counter Earth storyline has the T-Bolts on Counter Earth trying to conquer it and "save" the people there.

I hope I left everything in.

I had originally planned to just help answer some of these, but after reading some comics last night I have a question.

I reread the Infinity Gauntlet miniseries, and at the end Adam Warlock has the Gauntlet. I've noticed in the recent miniseries he does not. Where did it go and what series was this in?

I had originally planned to just help answer some of these, but after reading some comics last night I have a question.  

I reread the Infinity Gauntlet miniseries, and at the end Adam Warlock has the Gauntlet.  I've noticed in the recent miniseries he does not.  Where did it go and what series was this in?

Wasn't sure myself, so did a little checking online to firm up what I did know.

A while after he got the gauntlet, he presented himself to the Living Tribunal (cosmic judge-guy with three faces and a dishtowel on his head) to be judged, to see if he was worthy of being the god that having the gauntlet made him.

Turns out he wasn't.

He was ordered to seperate the gems, so he did, creating a group called the Infinity Watch, each of whom was given one of the gems:

Drax the Destroyer - Power Gem

Moondragon - Mind Gem

Gamorra - Time Gem

Pip the Troll - Space Gem

He kept the Soul Gem for himself (hey, it's the one he was most familiar with).

The Reality Gem he gave to, of all people, Thanos.

There was even a book about them, Warlock & The Infinity Watch.

Not sure what happened from there. Perhaps someone who actually followed all the various Infinity books could take over and fill us in.

That's where Infinity War comes into play.

Warlock expelled all the good and evil from himself when he got the Gauntlet, creating Goddess and Magus, respectively. He was unworthy to be a supreme being because without good and evil, there was no conscience to guide him.

War dealt with Magus trying to get his hands on the Gauntlet and be supreme being. The Gauntlet was thought to be the one thing that could beat him, but only Eternity could reverse the Tribunal's decree. Magus co-bonded Infinity to Eternity, more or less rendering them one being, but since they represent different aspects of the universe, it make the combo a gibbering vegetable. Gamorra and Galactus managed to get through to Eternity, who decreed that the Infinity Gems could again work as one, while Magus captured all of the gems and held absolute power... or so he thought. Warlock and Thanos had hatched a scheme to make a fake Reality Gem, so Magus was simply fooled into thinking he was supreme being. Warlock then got the Guantlet from Magus and sucked him into the Soul Gem, trapping him forever (he hadn't done this before because Magus had blocked his connection to the Gem). He then gave all of the Gems back to their keepers... but the bearer of the Reality Gem remained a mystery to everyone but Warlock. Eternity split from Infinity and decreed that the Gems could never, ever work as one again, and no one, not even he, could reverse it.

Infinity Crusade was lame... I mean, interesting. Goddess got her hands on the eight Cosmic Cubes that Magus had used to power all of his devices. Her plan was to purge the universe of evil... problem being that everyone, up to and including Eternity, has the capacity to do evil. She brainwashed a bunch of heroes into following her, there were a lot of crossovers and stupid fights, and it ended with a psychic battle between Warlock and Goddess. Warlock destroyed Goddess, but his mind was seemingly destroyed in the process, leaving him and empty shell.

To my knowledge, that completes Warlock's history up to Infinity Abyss. I'm pretty sure everyone still has their respective Gems, but I'm not sure what happened to the Gauntlet itself... Anyone got the answer to that question?

EDIT: I found this site that sums up the two minis better... I got a few things wrong (oops!). http://members.tripod.com/~MitchellBrown/x...over/index.html

EDIT: THE SEQUEL: This one's not bad too, and it confirms that Thanos had the Reality Gem, which I had guessed but never actually confirmed... Not that I doubted you for a moment, E- it's just one of those things you gotta see to believe. Anywhoo, the link: http://marvelite.prohosting.com/surfer/pro...es/warlock.html

ummm heres a really easy one.. sorry if its been answered earlier...

..Is Betty Ross dead??

I dont read the hulk, but heard someone say that in the comics she was killed ages ago by the abomination or something.. is this true??

Thanks a load in advance.

Yes, she's dead, and yes, I'm fairly certain it was the Abomination that did her in.

She's all set for a return, if editorial allows it and the writer wants to do it, as her body's been preserved in some hi-tech technobabble way, but for the moment, she's staying dead.

Also, she never looked quite as good as Jennifer Connelly. ;)

ummm heres a really easy one.. sorry if its been answered earlier...

..Is Betty Ross dead??

I dont read the hulk' date=' but heard someone say that in the comics she was killed ages ago by the abomination or something.. is this true??

Thanks a load in advance.[/quote']

Yes, she's dead, and yes, I'm fairly certain it was the Abomination that did her in.

It was him. Then the hulk kicked his ass bad, real bad.

While Hulk and Abomination were fighting, Abomination asked him if he ever thought of the look on betty's face when he killed her, Hulk freakd out and killed him.

I think that Betty will come back.

I don't read it, but I did check out that particular storyline & I believe I can add a bit more info...

Betty Ross was diagnosed with cancer. As it turned out it was due to exposure to gamma radiation. Guess who General Ross blamed, as well as Bruce himself. The Hulk. However, after her death (although I'm still not 100% sure she's supposed to be dead-dead, she's in some sort of chamber under a military base, as eccentrik pointed out), Hulk wound up in a knockdown with the Abomination. Abby said something to Hulk about Betty's death & revelaed that he'd poisoned her with a massive dose of gamma radiation. So it wasn't due to her being with Bruce. Needless to say, Hulk wasn't very happy learning this & proceeded to pound the living horsecrap out of Abby. I believe he actually did some fairly major (and almost permanent) damage to Abomination's cranium.

I hope I got all that right. :lol:

Thanks a load you two. :) all very interesting...

Im very surprised the editorial team actually allowed the writer to kill her off.

i doubt she'll stay dead permanantly. I really dont think Marvels Dead stay dead policy will last very long.

In the Hulk Future Imperfect series one of the items the Maestro kept in his warehouse of stuff was a jar with Betty's ashes. So I suppose if she is resurrected it will only be to die again at some point.

And yes it was the Abomination that did Betty in. But if you're reading the current Hulk series you'll see that Banner recently "did" the Abomination's wife in quite another fashion :lol: so the reasons these two have to hate each other are about as personal as they come!

Betty came back (kinda) for a few issues early on in Hulk's current volume. It was later revealed she was just part of a cult of plant people, which even she wasn't aware of at the time. Plant-Betty is dead now, too.

It was an... odd arc to say the least. It seemed rushed to me. The Avengers made a quick appearance and displayed all the personality of wet pavement.

Betty came back (kinda) for a few issues early on in Hulk's current volume. It was later revealed she was just part of a cult of plant people, which even she wasn't aware of at the time. Plant-Betty is dead now, too.

It was an... odd arc to say the least. It seemed rushed to me. The Avengers made a quick appearance and displayed all the personality of wet pavement.

It's been a while so I may be remembering this incorrectly, but I think this happened either just before or just after John Byrne was yanked off the book and there was a string of "fill in" writers until Paul Jenkins took over.