who has the BJ's 8-pack?

CLAM

hey guys, I am ordering myself some of the BJ's 8-packs right now.. I in order to decide how many sets to get, I need some help on your opions of the set..

what I want to know, is if you have them, and opened them up, what do you think about them? is the quality good, were they a big disappointment, were they better than you expected?

right now I am thinking about getting 3 sets.. but if they aren't that great, I might just get 2 sets.. cause I don't know what I would do with all those extra Joes..

I want the extra Cobra Troops, but I don't need 3 of the name-characters.. would anybody here want Snake Eyes, Dialtone, Roadblock, WetSuit, Stormshadow if I had extras to get rid of?

I have it I like them all but The StormShadow doesn't look right in red other than that the set is great!!!!!!! :D

While I found the "idea" to be cool, the set itself was a huge disappointment, and the price I paid for it (around $30 I think!!) was a rip-off.

The figures are not even close to RAHC quality, and are just poorly thrown together. The accessories are a complete joke.

If you really want those molds in those colors, it's alright I guess, but I was expecting much more and didn't get it.

Accessories were taken from the wave 2 sets so all have some sound attack weapon. All the joes seem to have a night force theme, and the cobras have a crimson theme.

Dialtone: is one of the best figs imho. Original v1 mold; It comes with Dusty's weapons so you get his RPG, M16, and his bandolier.

Roadblock: V1 mold. Looks a little weird since they painted what looks like a skin tight outfit (over his tank). He comes with the Desert CLAWS gear.

Wetsuit: V1 mold. I like the color of this fig, and wouldn't mind having a few more. The only problem is that he comes with stalkers gear. No underwater gear whatsoever.

Snake Eyes: V3 mold. Nunchuck's weapons.

Storm Shadow: V3 (ninja force mold). Pretty useless since it's the same mold as the one used in 2000. Scarlett's weapons.

Firefly: V1. Probably the ugliest in the bunch. I think whoever thought of the paint job was definitely on drugs. For one thing Firefly does not look good in red. They painted his head, gloves, and feet copper!! His molded on bandolier and other details were painted blue! Ugh! Firefly gear.

Undertow: V1. Another pretty good paint job, however it comes with Zartan's weapons, no underwater gear. Now I couldn't figure out why they gave Zartan Buzzer's chainsaw, i still don't know why undertow has it either.

Fast Blast Viper: V1. The best of the bunch! Comes with Neo Viper Commander's weapons. Reguardless, I have more than enough FBV rockets and bazookas to arm them. I was able to get quite a few for $4 a piece.

Hope this helps. I got a couple myself.

$30 is way too much for the set. I paid $20 for my first and $12.50 for my second. They are on clearance at Fred Meyer right now, and a friend is picking one up for me. I never opened the frst set so I don't know if it is worth getting multiples.

Clam, i got them and i found it to be like Crimson Strike Force vs Night Force, i personally love the figs, oh and the red Snake Eyes, is my SATAN figure lol,

I like them,  I got two sets, but i am probably going to Ebay with them, since I am only getting new stuff sculpt stuff now.

what are you looking to get for them? I haven't paid for my order yet, and I can still cancel it. Are you going to sell them inidividually, or in the box?

All in all the set was a big dissapointment for me.

The Roadblock is a complete joke. (here is why I think that...http://www.castledestro.com/reviews/roadblockv8review.htm)

Stormshadow, I like the colors on the figure. But the mold used uas a bad choice. I hate that you cant bend his waist. I guess the V2 mold is still in India.

Undertow and Wetsuit are nice figures, but the lack of decent accessories really hurt them in my eyes. Undertow is painted rather bland, too.

Fast Blast-Viper looks nice, but again, the accessories dont fit the figure.

Firefly would have been the best in the set had his head been colored red.

Snake Eyes is cool, but nothing more then typical.

Dial Tone is the only figure that really stands out for me. But now that we have the Tiger Force Dial Tone, I use that one more.

For $20 I would advise getting a set, If nothing else, it is a cool little part of joedom.

I got the set. My favorite is Dialtone. The FBV and Undertow are cool too. Roadblock was definitely a let down. If they just left him alone, I would have been more than extatic with the set.

As a set, the BJ's pack is pretty disappointing. The figure quality is good, but the lack of accessories and silly coloring makes it more of a novelty than a must buy. As has been said, the Dial Tone is probably the best figure in the bunch. His accessories are actually useable, too.

The Wet Suit figure is also nice. If you have spare accessories from a '98 Wet Suit, then the BJ's figure looks great. Otherwise, much like the Undertow, he is useless.

I was pleasantly surprised by the Fast Blast Viper. His color scheme is nice and he has great details. As the rockets and gun that he should have come with are easy to get from army built Neo Vipers and Shock Vipers, his accessories aren't as big an issue.

As has been said, already the Firefly, Snake Eyes and Roadblock aren't anything special. (Though, if you bought a couple of Cobra Trooper heads from some casting place, the Roadblock body would be great for custom Cobra Troopers. Just a thought!)

I wanted to army build the Storm Shadow figure. And, as a toy, he looks great. After I got 3 of them, though, I realized that the figure was worthless to play with. The pegs in his side (left over from his Ninja Force days) really hinder movement. On top of that, his legs don't have enough range to make him believeable as a martial arts figure. So, I stopped at my 3 and use them for ceremonial display or dios.

Overall, rather than spend the $30 + shipping, I'd look for an online dealer that has a few of the better figures in stock. Even the FBV's go for around $7, so you could get the cream of the crop and save yourself some money.

yeah, thats what I have decided to do.

BBTS has them for 20 bucks, a fantastic price.. but I only want doubles of Fastblast viper and Undertow.. which I definitely don't think is worth 20 bucks for just them.. and I can't find anything to do with the extras..

So I am thinking I will get one set, and then get more FBvipers and Undertows from ebay, where they are being sold one at a time by several sellers.

as for the accessories.. yeah they don't come with any good ones, but I really only care about the figs. I can outfit them with replacement weapons later.