MLB talk

cobia123

haven't the Yankees already won their division? :lol:

i would say so, nobodies ever catching up to them. The red Sox.... they just annoy me. And everyone else, just sucks period.

The red Sox.... they just annoy me.

On behalf of New England, go f*** yourself Cobia. @-@

YOU try spending 80 MILLION dollars less than your opponent on players and see how YOU do. It's not freaking easy.

I still say the Yankees have too many weaknesses to win the World Series this year, not even mentioning the easy schedule that the Yankees started off with. Furthermore, if you ARE a Yankees fan, at least have the spine to admit that your team is only where it is because of Uncle George's deep pockets and refusal to allow a salary cap, bolstering the stupid arguments of the players that average players deserve to be paid 4 million dollars a year...wait, for the SUMMER.

I will ALWAYS hate the Yankees, and I hope Mickey Mantle is enjoying his drunken stay in Hell while Ted Williams looks down from the part of Heaven where war heroes reside as he sits back, fishes, and laughs at that jackass.

no doubt that the Yanks r gonna make the playoffs but I dont think there gonna win it all[/quote

They will and you know it. I hate to say it being a Met fan the Yankees are freaking awesome. They have great pitching, stupendeous hitting, excellent defense and decent bullpen. Who in the weak AL league will beat them? Definitely not the angels, mariners, A's, Twins, or Red Sox.

The red Sox.... they just annoy me.

On behalf of New England, go f*** yourself Cobia. @-@

YOU try spending 80 MILLION dollars less than your opponent on players and see how YOU do. It's not freaking easy.

I still say the Yankees have too many weaknesses to win the World Series this year, not even mentioning the easy schedule that the Yankees started off with. Furthermore, if you ARE a Yankees fan, at least have the spine to admit that your team is only where it is because of Uncle George's deep pockets and refusal to allow a salary cap, bolstering the stupid arguments of the players that average players deserve to be paid 4 million dollars a year...wait, for the SUMMER.

I will ALWAYS hate the Yankees, and I hope Mickey Mantle is enjoying his drunken stay in Hell while Ted Williams looks down from the part of Heaven where war heroes reside as he sits back, fishes, and laughs at that jackass.

calm down man, i just said that i hate the red sox and think the yankees will win, then u tell me to f*ck myself just cause of that. Go get some help

Who in the weak AL league will beat them?

As opposed to the strong NL? What are the top 5 teams in each league right now?

AL: Yankees 22-6, Boston 19-9, Kansas City 17-8, Oakland 17-11, Seattle 17-11

NL: San Francisco 19-8, Montreal 18-10, Atlanta 18-10, Philadelphia 17-12, Cubs 16-12

Aside from the Giants, is there REALLY a team there that makes you think "Hmm, they have a better shot to beat the Yankees than the Red Sox, Mariners or A's?"

Listen, the only team that comes close to spending the same amount of money as the Yank-ass is the Mets, and we all know how that's been working out.

It's just not an even playing field when the Yankees can spend 180 million dollars every year when the next most expensive team is 100 million. It's not right.

calm down man, i just said that i hate the red sox and think the yankees will win, then u tell me to f*ck myself just cause of that. Go get some help

:lol: You're obviously not from New England. We may be self-loathing and bemoan our losing every year, but we also don't take kindly to Sox bashing, even in jest. (Just for the record, I figured that since I has that smiley thing that it'd be clear to all that I wasn't that ticked off about it. Ah well. I can't see for the blind.)

no doubt that the Yanks r gonna make the playoffs but I dont think there gonna win it all[/quote

They will and you know it. I hate to say it being a Met fan the Yankees are freaking awesome. They have great pitching' date= stupendeous hitting, excellent defense and decent bullpen. Who in the weak AL league will beat them? Definitely not the angels, mariners, A's, Twins, or Red Sox.[/quote]

Not the A's? After the beating they gave them this weekend?

The American League isn't that great alright. Of course the A's, Angels, Twins, Yankees, Red Sox will have good records. What the hell do you expect when they play the Tigers, Orioles, Blue Jays, Devil Rays, and Indians?

Not the A's? After the beating they gave them this weekend?

When the A's eliminate the Yankees in the playoffs then I will say the A's are legit.

I am an A's fan so I hope they do well - they always have great regular seasons only to lose in the Divisional Series - hopefully this year will be different...

• 2 weeks later...

I was at the game a few years back when Jeter fell into the stands making that catch in the playoff vs. The A's. We always find some kind of way to beat The A's when it counts no matter how good their pitching is. Now let's go for number # 300 Rocket. Let's Go Yankees, Clap Clap, Clap, Clap, Clap.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like My A's are getting over a rough stretch even though they're still 7 back of the M's.

I gotta give props to the Blue Jays though :) They are a better team than I thought :) If they had better pitching, I think they'd be in 1st place - sorry Beachhead - they are a good team :)