How many troops do you get?

eclusion

I typically try to buy about 5 figures each of the different cobra squads. Right now I've got 6 CLAWS, 6 Neo Vipers, and 3 BATS. I need to find more BATS and Sand Vipers. I'm not going to go hog wild until something really cool comes out.

of the ones i like, i get about 6 of each. The ones i don't usually just one, and those are considered "specialty soldiers" which is why there is a low number of them. So far i have:

8 Vipers (2 1986, 1 Blue 2002 5 green 2002)

6 Alley Vipers (1 Red, 5 Blue)

5 Crimson Guard Immortals

3 Crimson Guards

2 Night Vipers

2 Iron Grenadiers

2 Laser Vipers

and alot more but thats all i could think of off the top of my head.

the only figure i army build from JVC are the IGs, i've got 12. well if you count the BAT set, i bought 3. RAH is a diffrent story, i army build atleast 80% of all cobra troops.

i just started to buy extra Cobra troops as I come across them on sale or whatever. I have only been buying 2 of each kind. How many do you all buy?

About as many as i can!

only recently did i jump onto the army building bandwagon, but i refer to it as "squad building" more, since im trying to limit myself to about 10 of ea. figure like:

cobra alley vipers

cobra vipers

cobra CLAWS

cobra sand vipers

I get what I can afford. Whatever extra cash I have normally goes to newer figs. Here's what I do have

3x Vipers

2x Neo-Vipers

2x Alley Vipers

2x CLAWS

1x Laser Viper/Cobra

1x Fast Blast Viper

1x Moray

1x BJ swimmin guy can't remember the name

Depends on the type of Cobra soldier. I'm not the kind of guy who buys one of each different figure for the hell of it because I'm specific to what I like. For instance I haven't bought any of the Moray, CLAWS, or BAT III figures. If I like one I'll probably aim to get a lot of them. Of the new figures I currently have:

17x Vipers (Wave 2)

9x Alley-Vipers (Wave 2)

15x Shock-Vipers (Wave 4)

9x Neo-Vipers (Wave 4)

3x IRON Grenadiers (Wave 5)

I plan on getting at least 12 more IRON Grenadiers, 15 Sand-Vipers because I really like that new trooper's look, and probably 9 each of the new Night Creepers and Cobra COILS. I've already got 6 of new BAT army builder packs coming in the mail from GIJoeForSale.com and I plan on getting 6 packs of the new Python Patrol.

If you stick to a pre-determined number of troops you want to collect of each type I think it helps manage your collecting of them.

That and the fact that Cobra's vehicle selection has sucked so I've saved a little money there.

I generally just get 2 of each, though I may move the repaints up to 3 since I decided not to army build JvC

I DID buy about 10 of the Cobra Infantry sets back in 98

Im getting 2 BAT sets, and if Im impressed enough maybe another or two. Same with Python Patrol

Here's hoping these two Cobra sets are successful so Hasbro will be inspired for more Troop sets. Hopefully we can get troops sets for both online and retail. possibly exclusives for other stores besides TRU. a 3-pack for Wal-Mart would be great.. Of course Im not holding my breath for that. The current arrangements will be fine by me

It depends on the figure obviously. Like Vipers, I try to have a platoon of each variation. But for normal Cobra troops I go for anywhere from 4 - 8. With the exception of Crimson Guard and Cobra Soldier's. You can never have enough of those.

Violentfix

I try to army build as much as possible with the figures I like. So far I have:

6xNeo-viper (blue)

6xNeo-viper (grey)

4xNeo-viper (white)

1xMoray (black)

4xMoray (Maroon repaint)

3xSnow serpents (I want more but I can't find them anywhere)

12xBATS

12xIron G's

5xSandvipers (plan to get 7 more)

2xCOILS silver (plan to get one more silver and a dozen Black when they come out)

I really want them to come out with a standard cobra trooper. I would get 3 or four dozen of those guys..

I usually buy 5 of each figure...unless I really want a lot of something. I have 5 IG's and 6 sand-vipers....on the other hand I have like 12 green vipers. Basically I try to get 5 of each army builder. I use old school RAH guys as my commanders of the new JvC guys.